Economy hitting pets, owners and prog...

Economy hitting pets, owners and programs to help

There are 6 comments on the Alabama Live story from Jan 14, 2011, titled Economy hitting pets, owners and programs to help. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

Humans aren't the only Baldwin residents hurt by the bad economy, according to local animal support agencies, who report that more people than ever are giving up their pets because they can't afford to feed the four-legged dependants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

Give Me A Break

Gulf Shores, AL

#1 Jan 14, 2011
Well, this is good news. Now, we can get an over-supply of dogs off of the streets that many owners let run wild. Maybe I won't have to pick-up after so many un-attended dogs in the future that I have to pick-up after now. Hopefully, these dog lovers who can't keep their dogs controlled and can't afford to feed them will find out that they can spread their love to other humans that need a little loving also.
ThomasA

Ashville, AL

#2 Jan 14, 2011
Now we need to work on those families that keep spittin' out babies that they can't afford to feed and house like their pets. Maybe we could adapt the spay and neuter program to the welfare recipients.
Give Me A Break

Gulf Shores, AL

#3 Jan 14, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
Now we need to work on those families that keep spittin' out babies that they can't afford to feed and house like their pets. Maybe we could adapt the spay and neuter program to the welfare recipients.
Absolutely. Have any of you ever thought about why you are paying so much for the education system? It's because the parents of 5 kids are paying no more for their children's education in public schools than those parents with one or two children. We've got to stop giving tax breaks to parents that increases with the number of children they have and start increasing the taxes on parents based on the number of children they have. We can't continue to subsidize those who choose to have lots of children at our expense.
Irving

Cornersville, TN

#4 Jan 14, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>We've got to stop giving tax breaks to parents that increases with the number of children they have and start increasing the taxes on parents based on the number of children they have.
Topix is THE premier site for booger eaters.
Give Me A Break

Gulf Shores, AL

#5 Jan 15, 2011
Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is THE premier site for booger eaters.
Obviously written by someone with 10 kids, 3 dogs and 2 cats and no job. These are the people the rest of us are paying for.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#6 Jan 15, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously written by someone with 10 kids, 3 dogs and 2 cats and no job. These are the people the rest of us are paying for.
AMEN !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Justice Fri Teacher 1
Trump sex Accusers and Moore sex Accusers are B... Thu ThomasA 13
Judge Roy Moore sided with Molester of 4 year o... Dec 10 votin for Judge R... 4
Honorable Judge Roy Moore Dec 8 what DID MOORE DO 5
News Roy Moore speaking tonight in south Alabama Dec 8 WHATS TRUMP HIDING 4
Foley Magistrate Arrested on Sex Abuse Charge (Sep '11) Dec 6 Snowbird 26
News Roy Moore Revives Anti-Gay Rhetoric In Deflecti... Dec 1 Rainbow Kid 8

Fairhope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairhope Mortgages