Developer, Fairhaven could see turbin...

Developer, Fairhaven could see turbine revenue halved

There are 1 comment on the SouthCoastToday.com story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Developer, Fairhaven could see turbine revenue halved. In it, SouthCoastToday.com reports that:

Owners of Fairhaven's two turbines could stand to lose a lot of money from the Board of Health's motion Monday to shut off both turbines overnight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthCoastToday.com.

Jack Kelly

Jamestown, RI

#1 Jun 13, 2013
Health of the residential abutters is the number one concern . These people have families in which small children could have health effects from the wind turbines.

This is about the heath of hundreds of families in Fairhaven, Scituate, Kingston and Falmouth.

NIMBY used to mean Not In My Back Yard now it means Next It May Be You.

The Massachusetts court system has a very long history. In the past few years wind turbine disagreements between residential home owners and wind turbines have been decided in most part in favor of the wind turbines.

In many towns in Massachusetts residential home owners are the original stake holders who purchased property in residentially zoned locations only to have 400 foot industrial wind turbines placed in their back yards.

Massachusetts has a renewable energy goal of 2000 megawatts of renewable energy by the year 2020. The state has dragged out wind turbine noise studies in a hope that residents would give up and go away .

Now citizens of Massachusetts are watching the legal system drag out legal decisions as long as possible. Many of us understand Massachusetts has two sets of laws .One for us the citizen and one for the corporations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairhaven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jose Ignacio, 103 Feb 14 Jean Dutra Miranda 1
News Forum in New Bedford to explain new education law Jan 28 Please Hug If Lea... 1
News Women march on Washington to counter Trump's me... Jan '17 Dee Dee Dee 2
News Minimum wage increase helps, but more needed, a... Jan '17 Get a clue 1
News U.S. is being overrun with illegal immigrants (Apr '08) Dec '16 Golf family 105
News New Bedford woman robbed at bus stop Dec '16 hpwinchester71 1
Boxing Commr. Patrick Bradley of Braintree Anno... Nov '16 jamestjordan 1

Fairhaven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairhaven Mortgages