Q&A: Strickland new jail warden

Jul 27, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Houston Community Newspapers Online

Chris Strickland, 42, is the new warden for the Joe Corley Detention Facility, located at 500 Hilbig St.

Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Sep 26, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr C

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Chris Strickland is a rotten person that is not trustworthy. Especially around beautiful women. He had to leave CA because he was afraid that the husband of the woman whom he was having an affair with would find him.
Sure

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

He was afraid his wife would find out. I still don't think he has told her what she deserves to know. After going through her very tough health issues, this is how he pays her back. If your wife is going to work anywhere near Chris, you better keep a close eye on him. He is very convincing but thats just part of his game.
noa

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

I just thought I would share my thoughts of this new facility... First off they open a new facility that is no where near ready for operation. The food they are feeding the inmates is spoiled. All of the inmates were vomiting and had diarrhea. The inmates have no choice but to eat their food because they have no where to cook their food purchased through commissary
Loved One

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 19, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

I also just wanted to share my thought. First of all this facility is terrible. Some of the imates were moved for the Houston facility here because of overcrowding and this place is worst. Some of them don't have under garments because there are not enough for everyone. The food is spoiled. Everyone should contact the Central Region to complain about this facility this place is just terrible.
Jesus_Luvr in Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ok, y'all have pretty well scared the pants off of ME [but fear is NOT of GOD, so...] cuz my Fiance JUST got MOVED here to the Joe Corley Unit on Tuesday, Jan. 6th,'09 and he hasn't even been able to WRITE to me or CALL ME to tell me ANYthing about his STATUS on how he is doing and when I called THEM they tell me he has no "Approved" Visitation list as of Today, Jan. 10th,'09 and so I can NOT even go SEE him yet and it's it's been TWO WEEKS since I got 2 see him and we JUST GOT RE-UNITED after an 8 mo. separation and I just HAAATTTTE the THOUGHT of him being POISONED or EATING ROTTEN FOODS that MAKE HIM SICK by what y'all are talking about on here??!!! I do know, cuz an Officer at the unit divulged, that there are NO VENDING MACHINES like at all the TDCJ units I have had any dealings with before have, so they can't even get ANY "GOOD" FOOD or BEVERAGES while in "NON" Contact Visits!!!!!!! GEEZ!! I am definitely going 2 PRAY about this matter and Cover my Baby w/ the Precious BLOOD OF OUR LOVING SAVIOUR, JESUS, so he WILL be PROTECTED and SAFE and HEALTHY and RELEASED from that evil place soon, then cuz OUR GOD CAN DO ANYTHING and WE FIND FAVOR w/ HIM BY PRAYING and BELIEVING and LEADING A LIFE PLEASING TO HIM and IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS WILL so if any of you reading this are Believers and KNOW HOW to PRAY then PLEASE JOIN w/ US in AGREEMENT for his QUICK RELEASE and SAFETY while in this or any units!!!!! BLESSINGS from above on you and your households and Families. In CHRISTIAN LOVE, JW.
concerned

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 26, 2009
 
When my husband was first detained at this facility,it seemed ok,then every week after,i was annoyed.The long waiting is the worst.Now it reaches to a point where,i was there this pass saturday,and i/we had to wait outside in the freezing cold for about an hour and again inside for another 45mins.Makes me really believe that there is no more love or compassion in this worl for human beings when young little children and newborns was subjected to that.My heart ached.The ladies at the front desk are usually nice except for last week where it seems that one of the officers was having PMS or is probably just a rotten person.The visiting rooms are uaually noisy and smelly and people really shouldn't subject their kids to that but i do understand the need to see their loved ones.Their reason is that because the facility is fairly new and they did not expect so many visitors for the two days and they are trying their best to fix the situaton and i really do respect that.Progress brings problems but they really need a soution fast for they sake of the little ones.Thanks.
manny

Guadalupe, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

30 minutes visits are not enough,to see our loved ones,thru a glass.and they dont see the daylight ever while in there.because they are confined inside that place all the time.24 hrs.a day.thats really bad,they are there like if they were the worst criminals.
jammy

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

i heard joe corley is a private place.this place is a rip off. the food and clothing that they sell are too expensive. they give the inmates spoiled food. which is a sin. these people are making money off the inmates so why treat the inmates so terribly? the employees need to treat the inmates better. the inmates are humans not animals. my boyfriend is there and i am praying for him to be released safely. one day. soon. the warden need to be replaced. the services at this place is horrible. this place is a nightmare.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

My husband was just transferred there 2/09 and i dont know what its like but i do believe in God and we walk in divine favor.

Everything will be fine.
Please believe in God.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 4, 2009
 
we are from houston tx
i dont know why it says OH
Camilla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 5, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

it's about time criminals are actually treated like criminals.... instead of pampered and protected. Maybe after a uncomfortable visit to this place the criminal will think twice before committing another crime after release.
melissa gonzalez

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 22, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Camilla wrote:
it's about time criminals are actually treated like criminals.... instead of pampered and protected. Maybe after a uncomfortable visit to this place the criminal will think twice before committing another crime after release.
whatever just wait til you are locked up or your loved one not all the prisoners are bad so back off
Camilla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

{{whatever just wait til you are locked up or your loved one not all the prisoners are bad so back off }}

I'm not going to be locked up because I obey the law, pay my taxes, etc etc.... do the crime, do the time... and it shouldn't be EASY time.
brownsugar

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Camilla wrote:
it's about time criminals are actually treated like criminals.... instead of pampered and protected. Maybe after a uncomfortable visit to this place the criminal will think twice before committing another crime after release.
what if it were you are someone you loved.
brownsugar

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 14, 2009
 
what if it were you in there are someone you loved.
Camilla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hhhmmmm..... brownsugar....
"what if it were you are someone you loved"

let's try again....
"what if it were you in there are someone you loved"

Why don't I try to fix this for you.:)
"What if it were you in there OR someone you loved"

1st - I wouldn't be "in there" because I'm not nor will I ever be a criminal.
2nd - if it were someone I loved, I would hope the time spent in lock up would be hard enough to make that person never want to go back.

Just for the record... my father worked as a jailer for many many years. Some convicts are repeat offenders simply because it's an easy vacation... food, t.v., weight lifting, educational classes, books to read, needle point to create, etc... others just because they are too stupid or lazy to live any other way of life than a criminal life. The book of "convicts" rights is about 5 inches thick... the book on "law officers" rights is about 1 inch thick.

if you don't slap the kids hand that is trying to steal the candy how can you expect the kid to know stealing is WRONG?
blackqueen

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Camilla wrote:
it's about time criminals are actually treated like criminals.... instead of pampered and protected. Maybe after a uncomfortable visit to this place the criminal will think twice before committing another crime after release.
I can't believe you wrote that.What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Be careful of the things you say about people because one day you might end up there yourself or a family member.Selfish bitch!
blackqueen

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Camilla wrote:
hhhmmmm..... brownsugar....
"what if it were you are someone you loved"
let's try again....
"what if it were you in there are someone you loved"
Why don't I try to fix this for you.:)
"What if it were you in there OR someone you loved"
1st - I wouldn't be "in there" because I'm not nor will I ever be a criminal.
2nd - if it were someone I loved, I would hope the time spent in lock up would be hard enough to make that person never want to go back.
Just for the record... my father worked as a jailer for many many years. Some convicts are repeat offenders simply because it's an easy vacation... food, t.v., weight lifting, educational classes, books to read, needle point to create, etc... others just because they are too stupid or lazy to live any other way of life than a criminal life. The book of "convicts" rights is about 5 inches thick... the book on "law officers" rights is about 1 inch thick.
if you don't slap the kids hand that is trying to steal the candy how can you expect the kid to know stealing is WRONG?
What is this? A f@#$%^g english class? Anyways,your daddy was probably one of the old,mean son of a bitch that treated offenders like crap and thats where you got your attitude from.Don't judge till you've walked a mile in someone elses shoes.Not everyone there is guilty especially these days with the crooked prosecutors etc.Get with the program fool.You should know better.What goes around,comes around.Just wait.
Camilla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

blackqueen wrote:
<quoted text>What is this? A f@#$%^g english class? Anyways,your daddy was probably one of the old,mean son of a bitch that treated offenders like crap and thats where you got your attitude from.Don't judge till you've walked a mile in someone elses shoes.Not everyone there is guilty especially these days with the crooked prosecutors etc.Get with the program fool.You should know better.What goes around,comes around.Just wait.
Wait for what exactly? For the convict in your life to get a little slap on the wrist and sent back into the world to lie, cheat, steal, hurt, kill, or whatever he or she chooses to do with no regard to themselves or their community? Who exactly is "selfish" here? And yeah, your right, my dad was one mean s-o-b and did his best to be a "deterrent" to the so-called "repeat" offenders. He wanted better for those criminals, talked to them daily, counseled them, advised lawful roads to take, provided syllabus' and applications from education to gov't assistance. Ya know what? Over half were back in his jail AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN for the same crap... theft, drugs, DUI, you name it... for some reason most of those believe Obama is gonna pay their way... or someone besides having to suck it up and do it on their own.
Camilla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

blackqueen wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe you wrote that.What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Be careful of the things you say about people because one day you might end up there yourself or a family member.Selfish bitch!
BELIEVE it sister!!! And I am not the ONLY person who feels that way! I along with a whole group of sheet-wearing, torch carrying, bible thumping LAW-ABIDING wackos are sick and tired of our tax dollars being used to pamper those who willfully suck off the gov't teet, never give anything back and boo-hoo "It's not fair".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fairfield News Video

•••
•••

Fairfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Fairfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fairfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••