Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Dies

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, a guru to the Beatles who introduced the West to transcendental meditation, died Tuesday at his home in the Dutch town of Vlodrop, a spokesman said. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 5, 2008
Sexie Sadie, What have you done
You made a fool of everyone
Sexie Sadie Oh Oh You made a fool
Bridget Fidget

AOL

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Wasn't this the Guru who promised to levitate a sports stadium?

If I recall correctly it didn't quite work out ...
Frank Costanza

Naperville, IL

#7 Feb 5, 2008
Time to buy a Ouija Board
anmlprht

Morgan Hill, CA

#9 Feb 5, 2008
He helped to raise life to its full dignity. Those who recognized what he had to offer were very fortunate. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was a great teacher--a great soul!
WakeUp

United States

#11 Feb 5, 2008
Fairfield, Iowa must be a very sad place now.
Tim

Stoney Creek, Canada

#14 Feb 5, 2008
You mean a three year old bouncin on the bed is meditating?
Joe Morgan

Lake In The Hills, IL

#16 Feb 5, 2008
Well one thing you have to understand is, even though he didn't play for The Machine, the greatest Yogi of all time was Yogi Berra. This Yogi, while he was a man of meditation, was not a man with great speed and though he was agile of mind, he could simply not compete with Berra which is why Berra is in the Hall of Fame and this Yogi is not.
Kay Vee

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2008
This really tears me up. I simply can't believe he's gone. I guess all the hot dogs he ate while winning the Nathan's contests finally caught up with him.
Big Jake

AOL

#18 Feb 5, 2008
Just so you kids understand him in his historical context: Maharishi was to hippy celebrities of the 60s what L. Ron Hubbard's pickled head is to the celebrities of today.
Life-Giving V

United States

#19 Feb 5, 2008
So you're saying our pic-a-nic baskets are safe now?
Boo Boo Bear

Oak Lawn, IL

#20 Feb 5, 2008
Mr. Ranger isn't gonna like this, Yogi.
ShamanX

Libertyville, IL

#23 Feb 5, 2008
Jim wrote:
Sexie Sadie, What have you done
Sexie Sadie Oh Oh You made a fool
Obvious and weak...^^

Maharishi's gift made a real difference to a lot of people.

Jai Guru Dev
Woodridge Ryan

Naperville, IL

#24 Feb 5, 2008
Did Maharishi know LoHo?
gilmore

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Feb 6, 2008
I wonder what he'll come back as.
Jaime

Canada

#27 Feb 6, 2008
Prayers are with you, Peace and Grace may follow you onward.

I began TM back in the fall of 1974 when I attended college at WIU in western illinois. At the time I was affected by a case of epilepsy and taking dialantin. When I started meditation, I also started long distance running and tossed my meds down the toilet. I feel that the two forms of meditation, one of stillness and the other of movement, both brought me peace within my body. Blessings.
Chudrow

Chicago, IL

#28 Feb 6, 2008
Jaime, Thank you for taking an article about the Beatles Guru dieing, and making the story about you.
Long Grove

AOL

#29 Feb 6, 2008
Tim wrote:
You mean a three year old bouncin on the bed is meditating?
Pretty much.

I know that Maharishi charged a bunch of his wealthier followers a lot of coin to learn how to fly, which, as indicated elsewhere here, consisted of nothing more than bouncing up and down on their rumps.

I think after he's cremated they should use his ashes to powder his followers owie bottoms.
Keeping Score

Oak Lawn, IL

#30 Feb 7, 2008
Jaime wrote:
I began TM back in the fall of 1974 when I attended college at WIU in western illinois.
Tall Midget??

WIU in western il huh? Thats a good place for WESTERN Illinios U to be located methinks.
R Kelly

AOL

#34 Feb 8, 2008
I believe I can fly.
Hartmann Roland Austria

Graz, Austria

#36 Feb 12, 2008
I started to practice the transzendental meditation in 1972 in Cape Town, South Africa. I had no health-or stressproblem. I had a problem with the so called apartheid-policy of the white Minority. Educated in humanitarian standards I found no chance of discussing the priniciples of the french revolution in the late 1790ies with "egalite, fraternite, liberte". David Fisk, my TM-teacher then convinced me of the chances that with meditation as TM one would grow beyond the bounderies of identifying oneself as mere white-skinned or black-skinned citizen. And it seemed to work so far. Many people in SA started TM. It seems as if history proofs my teachers vision. The people of SA succeeded in transforming its sociaty from autoritarian to modern democratic standards for all, white, black and colloured people. And this happened without bloodched. This made me very happy. The tribute goes to the founder of the transz. meditation-programm Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and the scientist researching on this. I only can recomend consciousness-based learning with meditation, provided it is not a religion or weltanschauung or mystification of a very natural phenomenon, when a person experiences this kind of relaxing change within his or her personal realm. The vision of a violantfree behaviour applies also for private relationship and family-life as well as getting economic goals successful. Today with 65 years of age, I enjoy life with my wife and friends thanks a great deal to my dayly meditation-practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donation Jan '15 plander 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Fairfield, IA (Jan '12) Dec '14 Joe 15
News Grain elevator project not - urban renewal' (Apr '14) Apr '14 Judy Walls 1
News Lee Gobble honored on 99th birthday (Dec '13) Mar '14 Martha Flinspach 2
News Pandits come to Iowa to promote peace (Feb '14) Feb '14 Cin An 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Fairfield, IA (Nov '13) Dec '13 john 2
News Fiedler family to witness in South Africa (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ivorydick 2
Fairfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web