Duran appearance followed by battle

Duran appearance followed by battle

There are 105 comments on the The Reporter story from Dec 2, 2008, titled Duran appearance followed by battle. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Returned to Solano County from Mexico last week, fugitive murder defendant Joseph Stanley Duran III appeared briefly Monday in Solano County Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

resident

United States

#25 Dec 2, 2008
Not only God, but a jury of 12. Maybe the victim and family were "ripping shirts, etc" but hello, the victim was shot in the back. It does not quite equate to the same thing. I rip your shirt and you shoot me in the back. What kind of nonsense reasoning is that?

“your worst enemy”

Since: Oct 08

cow paddy

#26 Dec 2, 2008
only GOD can judge wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't read correctly, my family has been the victim as well as the perp....my family is not locked up anymore, due to hard work in getting the facts presented 8 years later. The jabs at my family are unncessary, but I will overlook the comments :-) Apparently, you have issues that may be too closely related to this incident and cannot speak rationally, so, I will just keep you in my prayers along with those that are directly related to the case.
sounds like everyone in your family was "incorrectly" incarcerated. this may as well be true seeing how EVERYONE in jail/prison is innocent right? yes i have issues, especially when convicted felons and their ilk get out of jail/prison after doing a minute or two and keep on maiming and mudering and stealing. and DON'T throw the "rehab" crap my way...it DOESN'T work.
only GOD can judge

Fairfield, CA

#27 Dec 2, 2008
right wingnut wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like everyone in your family was "incorrectly" incarcerated. this may as well be true seeing how EVERYONE in jail/prison is innocent right? yes i have issues, especially when convicted felons and their ilk get out of jail/prison after doing a minute or two and keep on maiming and mudering and stealing. and DON'T throw the "rehab" crap my way...it DOESN'T work.
Actually, only one person in my family was accused of a crime and I thought I was clear as to what happened in that case. With regards to the number of people that claim to be innocent, I cannot attest to how many actually are/are not. I can make an accurate statement/comment in that this is not unheard of seeing as how many new cases have recently been publicized as having been charged and the cases dropped many years later after the facts have come out. You have a way of introducing points and clearly attempting to incenuate that these are points that I have made. My posts speak for themselves. Have I made a statement that anyone was innocent other than my brother? No. Have a made a statement regarding not punishing the guilty? No. Have a made a statement regarding the success rate or lack of success rate for rehabilitation? No. These are all mere suggestions that you wish to introduce into this forum as underline points that you are "proving" while communicating with me....when I have yet to provide you with my opinion on any of these issues.

“your worst enemy”

Since: Oct 08

cow paddy

#28 Dec 2, 2008
only GOD can judge wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, only one person in my family was accused of a crime and I thought I was clear as to what happened in that case. With regards to the number of people that claim to be innocent, I cannot attest to how many actually are/are not. I can make an accurate statement/comment in that this is not unheard of seeing as how many new cases have recently been publicized as having been charged and the cases dropped many years later after the facts have come out. You have a way of introducing points and clearly attempting to incenuate that these are points that I have made. My posts speak for themselves. Have I made a statement that anyone was innocent other than my brother? No. Have a made a statement regarding not punishing the guilty? No. Have a made a statement regarding the success rate or lack of success rate for rehabilitation? No. These are all mere suggestions that you wish to introduce into this forum as underline points that you are "proving" while communicating with me....when I have yet to provide you with my opinion on any of these issues.
look, all i am saying is that being trusting in god and having plenty of faith does not excuse the behavior of criminals. related to you or not. innocent or not. just because you believe in god does not absolve you of any illegal actions you (not saying YOU as in YOU, the person i am responsing to) partake in.
Valerie

Bethel Island, CA

#29 Dec 2, 2008
only GOD can judge wrote:
With all due respect to the Hurst and Duran families I (just like most of the public) don't know all of the facts. In my short 33 years of life, I have seen the facts get distorted by media, law officials, District Attorneys, public defenders, relatives, so called friends and associates, etc. Only GOD knows the absolute, non-disputable truth and only GOD can judge us. I simply pray for both families and know that the Lord will get everyone through this without the understandable arguing and hatred that has developed between these families .....OUR HEAVENLY FATHER will decide the outcome. I will close with I hope that J. Duran can develop or strengthen his relationship with GOD and REST IN PEACE A. HURST.
I wouldn't be surprised if the family of the young man that died doesn't feel the same way about their loss as you do. I personally find the idea that this killer can develop a relationship with God in order to have some kind of redemption offensive. I too am the victim of a serious crime, the judicial system let me down, but the other prisoners did not. The criminal in my case didn't have time to develop his relationship with God before his life was ended by other criminals. If there truly is a God then my justice will be that I will not have to see the scum when it is my turn to enter heaven.
only GOD can judge

San Jose, CA

#30 Dec 2, 2008
Valerie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if the family of the young man that died doesn't feel the same way about their loss as you do. I personally find the idea that this killer can develop a relationship with God in order to have some kind of redemption offensive. I too am the victim of a serious crime, the judicial system let me down, but the other prisoners did not. The criminal in my case didn't have time to develop his relationship with God before his life was ended by other criminals. If there truly is a God then my justice will be that I will not have to see the scum when it is my turn to enter heaven.
Healing takes time and will range from anger, confusion, blame, guilt, depression and a variety of other emotions in between. It ultimately ends with forgiveness. Given that Duran was just captured, 1 year 5 months later, the Hurst family may not be at the forgiveness stage--and they may never get there. I cannot speak for them, nor am I making an attempt to-- I can only speak to my personal life challenges and my healing. To each his own.
His Loved Ones

AOL

#31 Dec 2, 2008
With Respect to all parties, we would like to address the issues and rumors being circulated by people with prejudices and inaccurate facts. First, Angelo Hurst was a respectable young man. He received his high school diploma and was on his way to achieving much more in life, if only he had been allowed the chance. Angelo's ties to the Duran family were always in a helpful manner. He helped the Duran family clean their garage two weeks before he was murdered, and was actually friends with the defendant's brother. Angelo had a family to support him in all aspects of his life, and in no way needed financial assistance or housing from the Duran family. Any implications that he and Joe were in any way associated in the same illegal activites is nonsensical. Their ties ended in high school on the football team Angelo excelled and helped thrust forward.
As his loved ones, we ask that these forums be governed in a respectful manner and those without complete information please do not make assumptions on character, especially the victim's.
We appreciate all the support from the community and those with Genuine concern.
All those without the respect and discernment to know how to conduct themselves on public forums, please refrain from posting.
God Bless to All! We leave Angelo and the trial in God's Hands.
Pony

Lenoir City, TN

#32 Dec 2, 2008
only GOD can judge wrote:
<quoted text>
You too should have a strong relationship with GOD. No one sin is any less disappointing than another. None of us can speak to his motives for running-- to you it may spell guilt, but to him, it may have spelled fear of being charged with a crime that he didn't committ.....I don't have and never will get the facts so I am not defending anyone nor am I pointing the finger at any one person. Simply stating the the LORD has absolute control-- put your trust in HIM.
I wonder what God thinks of someone that can not take a stand in their belief. Yes the Lord is absolute but you are sitting on a fence not wanting to to commit to either side so you i see are not able to commit to anything, and i guess that includes your faith.
A joke

United States

#33 Dec 3, 2008
It's gonna be long and drawn out and as usual in Solano County the perp will get off scott free.
This is gonna be another Lodel - Terwilliger escapade.
Justice wasn't served then and probably won't this time either.
kdhgjf

Santa Clara, CA

#34 Dec 3, 2008
just cause someone graduated from highschool and played football doesnt mean shit.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#35 Dec 3, 2008
right wingnut wrote:
<quoted text>
In one case cited by Parenti, California prison officials deliberately made use of a particularly vicious individual nicknamed the “Bootie Bandit” to control rebellious young male prisoners by raping them into submissiveness. The Bootie Bandit did not have to go looking for victims. Prison guards delivered them to his cell, and actually rewarded him for raping these men.
WOW.That's all I can say.Hopefully Joe gets the chance to meet the Booty Bandit :-)

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#36 Dec 3, 2008
facts wrote:
why does everyone feel like they need to throw there 2 cents in? nobody who commented this blog was even there. and if they were there...they would know that Angelo's Family came with 50 people and started threatening Joes family, ripping off their shirts like animals. Even the females were spitting! but Angelo was suuuuuch a saint right? &you can tell by how his family acts. Where as Joe only had immediate family, who right after the hearing, left. if ur not fully involved, leave ur good for nothing remarks at home with your bord asses.
We feel the need to throw our 2 cents in because your loser azz friend is on the front page of our newspaper, with his ghetto self, and his oh so professional and classy neck tat, for us all to read about.If your loser Joe hadn't murdered Angelo in cold blod, like a bz by shooting him in the back, we wouldn't be reading about it, so maybe you should tottle on up to the jail and ask your homie why he did it? Of course Angelo's fam is mad-wouldn't you be if you lost a family member, to someone you knew, and for no reason other than Joe is a bz?Ripping shirts of like animals huh-what do you call shooting an unarmed person in the back-civilized? Catch a clue, run far away from Joe and his peeps, because when you lay down with dogs-you wake up with fleas! Good for the women that spit too-do all that you can to that triflin family.

“your worst enemy”

Since: Oct 08

cow paddy

#37 Dec 3, 2008
Valerie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if the family of the young man that died doesn't feel the same way about their loss as you do. I personally find the idea that this killer can develop a relationship with God in order to have some kind of redemption offensive. I too am the victim of a serious crime, the judicial system let me down, but the other prisoners did not. The criminal in my case didn't have time to develop his relationship with God before his life was ended by other criminals. If there truly is a God then my justice will be that I will not have to see the scum when it is my turn to enter heaven.
congrats on your justice. it is rare these days. don't worry about the perp in heaven, if he has to answer to a higher calling then he won't be there.
wtf

Vacaville, CA

#38 Dec 3, 2008
So if you were at the hearing. No one was ripping off their shirt. When the Hurst family came out they were upset, which is to be expected. So why were the Durans smiling and waving ?? You were going to court not a party. That was not the time or place. GEt over your selves and grow up. Thanks.
I was there

AOL

#39 Dec 3, 2008
After the hearing when the Hurst family and friends were leaving and there were 12 to 15 people across the street. A shouting match started and the group across the street started throwing up gang signs and acting like they reaching for guns. That was very disrespectful and wrong on so many levels. Why were they not in the courtroom and just standing out there. My guess is they got what they wanted. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose a child. I don't know how I would react to that but I am sure it would'nt be nice.
2B1up

Fort Bragg, CA

#40 Dec 3, 2008
His Loved Ones wrote:
With Respect to all parties, we would like to address the issues and rumors being circulated by people with prejudices and inaccurate facts. First, Angelo Hurst was a respectable young man. He received his high school diploma and was on his way to achieving much more in life, if only he had been allowed the chance. Angelo's ties to the Duran family were always in a helpful manner. He helped the Duran family clean their garage two weeks before he was murdered, and was actually friends with the defendant's brother. Angelo had a family to support him in all aspects of his life, and in no way needed financial assistance or housing from the Duran family. Any implications that he and Joe were in any way associated in the same illegal activites is nonsensical. Their ties ended in high school on the football team Angelo excelled and helped thrust forward.
As his loved ones, we ask that these forums be governed in a respectful manner and those without complete information please do not make assumptions on character, especially the victim's.
We appreciate all the support from the community and those with Genuine concern.
All those without the respect and discernment to know how to conduct themselves on public forums, please refrain from posting.
God Bless to All! We leave Angelo and the trial in God's Hands.
I agree with what you stated. There is lots of hurt lingering with those of us still here to see that justice is done. our beloved Angelo didn't have to die that way, out on the street. Many stories about that night continue to surface leavingt he family with more questions that answers.
Now that Joseph is inn custody we just want to ask "WHY"
The community rallied for the Hurst Family then and have continued to offer words encouraging us to stay strong, trust in GOD, those kind words whispered to us we will always remember.
At this time we ask for you support. Respect has been earn. We feel and understand the hurt this tragedy has divided our community that once stood strong together. We can get through this lets let GOD prevail. Angelo is resting peacefully. We all need strenght to do the same.
kdhgjf

Santa Clara, CA

#41 Dec 4, 2008
a dead monkey what else is new
reality

Rohnert Park, CA

#42 Dec 4, 2008
when a fake thug holds a gun this is what happens

the duran family is a joke
kid

Clarksburg, CA

#43 Apr 24, 2009
u dont nothin about our family
facts wrote:
why does everyone feel like they need to throw there 2 cents in? nobody who commented this blog was even there. and if they were there...they would know that Angelo's Family came with 50 people and started threatening Joes family, ripping off their shirts like animals. Even the females were spitting! but Angelo was suuuuuch a saint right? &you can tell by how his family acts. Where as Joe only had immediate family, who right after the hearing, left. if ur not fully involved, leave ur good for nothing remarks at home with your bord asses.
Booger

Las Vegas, NV

#44 Jun 20, 2009
kid wrote:
u dont nothin about our family
<quoted text>
Im sittin here Ang wondering what you would want me to do? Im sittin here wondering if that were Madden 1 or me Madden 2 then what? RIP miss ya cuzzo!!! I cant believe what i just read!!!! They dont know nothin.. I feel ya presence just not in the physical...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County will help children's group craft ballot ... 6 hr Kurshan Village I... 4
News Ex-con gets 11 years for 2014 home invasions 14 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
News Vallejo city manager's pay ranks 3rd in Bay Are... Wed Kurshan Village I... 5
News Likely deportation to follow man's DUI sentence Wed Birds Landing Bob 1
News June 23 Vallejo A&E Source Restaurant Review: L... Jun 28 Kbsunnyside 1
News Suisun couple sue Alejandro's over food poisoning Jun 24 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Prison for man with string of DUI cases Jun 24 Birds Landing Bob 3

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairfield Mortgages