Fairfield-Suisun Unified School Distr...

Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District trustees OK OK budget ...

There are 37 comments on the The Reporter story from Mar 12, 2010, titled Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District trustees OK OK budget .... In it, The Reporter reports that:

A budget report and the relocation of a school were approved during the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District Governing board meeting Thursday night along with the acceptance of a work of art and an apology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jennifer in Vacaville

Vacaville, CA

#21 Mar 13, 2010
Anyone that voted for any of these people, unfortunatly have only themselves to blame. Please don't make your decision oon who to vote for based on commercials or what you see on TV, do some research! It may take a little of your time, but look where we are now. These idiots like Boxer, Pilosi, Feinstien have stayed in office this long is unbelieveable!!
Personally I am only going to even consider voting for anyone who is not a career politician; they're all crooks no matter what party. Then I'll do my research from there and cast my vote.
DoesThisMakeSens e

Fairfield, CA

#22 Mar 13, 2010
Doesn't the schools removal from the list mean that the district will miss out on additional federal funding? Doesn't this also mean that the schools will continue on the same path they were already on? If it's broke DON'T fix it? Is it just neighborhood pride?
Something To Consider

Suisun City, CA

#23 Mar 13, 2010
www.killcarb.org

The teachers union went on strike several years ago. They went on strike and didn't bother to show up to my 8th grade graduation :(.
Jennifer in Vacaville

Vacaville, CA

#24 Mar 14, 2010
Napa Reader wrote:
Hey FSUSD parents, why not organize together and take your kids out of district to Napa if you have the ability? Strong sport programs, an awesome music program at the high schools, and while our district administrators might not be the best, at least they were fiscally conservative enough that we're not going down the road FSUSD is. We were proactive last year in finding solution to avoid cutting major programs like sports that keep the kids in school. You will have to pay a $150 transportation fee for your kid to go on the bus to sporting events, but that isn't too bad. Lastly, our school and district test scores are better than FSUSD. Get five families together and carpool. You will only be responsible for transportation one day a week.
Are you crazy? Don't give them any ideas! Sorry to the few decent people that are still stuck in that cess pool, but I don't want any of those hoodlum, gangbangers in my sons school! The citizens of Fairfield let this happen, by electing idiots and allowing the punks to take over their city. Don't bring it to my town!
Car

Vacaville, CA

#25 Mar 14, 2010
james wrote:
Very sad times indeed.
"Save that Baby,so we can deny it an education, make it unemployable and stip it of health insurance later. When it commits a crime, lock it up, blame the parents and throw away the key."
We have now entered the Republican paradise.
Not quite. That would involve blaming the teachers.
wcwcat

Vacaville, CA

#26 Mar 19, 2010
I am a teacher at a high school in Vacaville, and I was reading some of the posts about this sad article. I can't speak for the middle/elementary schools, but we have not yet eliminated music, art, or sports at any of our high schools. Our district does inter-district transfers. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure you could find out more at vacavilleUSD.org . It breaks my heart to see so many kids missing out on programs that, in my opinion, they deserve to have.
David

Suisun City, CA

#27 May 14, 2010
Pack Pony wrote:
Eliminating sports at junior high and high schools? No more football team, etc.??? No football games, etc???
Oh, BOO-HOO, BOO-HOO...Phys. Ed. is all that's required by law. EVERY CHILD in school can benefit from basic exercise. NO ONE NEEDS football, or baseball, or wrestling or any of that. I'd venture a guess that 2/3 or more of the kids in the sports programs, couldn't compose a properly structured sentence if their lives depended on it. If cuts have to be made, make them in unnecessary programs like sports, music (since the CRAP they call "music" these days, isn't music anyway), and keep the academics. Reading, writing, and arithmetic will benefit them FAR longer into their lives than being able to throw a stupid football, and tackle someone to the ground.
David

Suisun City, CA

#28 May 14, 2010
wcwcat wrote:
I am a teacher at a high school in Vacaville, and I was reading some of the posts about this sad article. I can't speak for the middle/elementary schools, but we have not yet eliminated music, art, or sports at any of our high schools. Our district does inter-district transfers. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure you could find out more at vacavilleUSD.org . It breaks my heart to see so many kids missing out on programs that, in my opinion, they deserve to have.
"Deserve to have"? And you're an educator? WOW, no wonder the state's education system is such a mess. We parents DESERVE to have our children EDUCATED. Until these kids are 18, and learn respect for their elders and others, they don't "deserve" any of the extra JUNK in the schools. JUNK like football, and wrestling, and other wastes of time in school.

The academic skills of the kids graduating from high school these days, is pathetic. Our son graduated last year with an "A" average. The ONLY reason he didn't graduate with honors, was because he only got a "B" in his senior year of the foreign language requirement.(Another waste of money)

He's now living in Nevada with his Aunt, going to the University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) and is not struggling at all, but many of his classmates are from Nevada schools and it's quite obvious to him, that all of those classmates would probably have graduated from California schools WAY ahead of where California's school kids do.(Some of them could probably teach in our schools and put our system to shame.) OUR SCHOOLS SUCK, and we're worried about sports programs that the kids "deserve"? GIVE ME A BREAK!

The "deserve" what they earn, and when the academic scores are what they are in California, they don't "deserve" anything.
David

Suisun City, CA

#29 May 14, 2010
Well, now that we have the President's "health care reform", I've often said that it wouldn't be long before the United States would be able to boast of having the healthiest illiterates in the world. Well, this budgetary move is just one more step toward that outcome. We have a President who doesn't give a crap about the middle class having JOBS in THIS country, or the education of our children, or the environment....much less getting us out of the war we PROMISED to get us out of. Our economy is still crumbling, and people are losing jobs, teachers laid off, schools closing, but we're still feeding the peasants of the rest of the world, and subsidizing BILLION dollar corporations. But, we have health care (FARCE)....and now FSUSD's actions only PROVE my earlier point...

Welcome to The United States of Foreigners, where we have the healthiest illiterates in the world.
David

Suisun City, CA

#30 May 14, 2010
Jennifer in Vacaville wrote:
Anyone that voted for any of these people, unfortunatly have only themselves to blame. Please don't make your decision oon who to vote for based on commercials or what you see on TV, do some research! It may take a little of your time, but look where we are now. These idiots like Boxer, Pilosi, Feinstien have stayed in office this long is unbelieveable!!
Personally I am only going to even consider voting for anyone who is not a career politician; they're all crooks no matter what party. Then I'll do my research from there and cast my vote.
Isn't it a shame that there are so many STUPID people in the world?

"Personally I am only going to even consider voting for anyone who is not a career politician; they're all crooks no matter what party." Awkwardly worded at best.

The FACT is there are a lot of crooks in politics. Some are career politicians, others are newcomers. To imply that "they're all crooks" is like saying "all black people are no good", or "all doctors are thieves", or "all used car salesmen are crooks". Just remember that there are MANY, MANY laws that benefit YOU, that over the years MILLIONS of "our boys" have died in wars to protect YOUR freedoms,(wars that were authorized by those "crooked elected officials", or next time you feed your mouth with food that's kept safe by laws that were passed and enforced by all those "crooked politicians".

And it's even MORE sad that your own "research" that you preach about "Please don't make your decision oon who to vote for based on commercials or what you see on TV, do some research! It may take a little of your time, but look where we are now." has not gained you the knowledge to even spell their names correctly!

With your arrogant, ill-advised, ignorant point of view, I'm not sure you "deserve" the right to vote!
Rickster

Santa Clara, CA

#31 May 14, 2010
David, have you had your blood pressure checked lately?

Really, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Carol

Suisun City, CA

#32 May 14, 2010
David wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deserve to have"? And you're an educator? WOW, no wonder the state's education system is such a mess. We parents DESERVE to have our children EDUCATED. Until these kids are 18, and learn respect for their elders and others, they don't "deserve" any of the extra JUNK in the schools. JUNK like football, and wrestling, and other wastes of time in school.
The academic skills of the kids graduating from high school these days, is pathetic. Our son graduated last year with an "A" average. The ONLY reason he didn't graduate with honors, was because he only got a "B" in his senior year of the foreign language requirement.(Another waste of money)
He's now living in Nevada with his Aunt, going to the University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) and is not struggling at all, but many of his classmates are from Nevada schools and it's quite obvious to him, that all of those classmates would probably have graduated from California schools WAY ahead of where California's school kids do.(Some of them could probably teach in our schools and put our system to shame.) OUR SCHOOLS SUCK, and we're worried about sports programs that the kids "deserve"? GIVE ME A BREAK!
The "deserve" what they earn, and when the academic scores are what they are in California, they don't "deserve" anything.
David, I have to say that I agree with you here. I think you mistyped your last sentence, and I'd like to rephrase it slightly.

"They only "deserve" what they earn, and when the academic scores are what they are in California, they haven't "earned" anything.

Otherwise, I agree with you completely. I'm a volunteer parent at the middle school that our children attend, and it's really sad to see the total lack of respect that kids have for authority. That same attitude seems to extend to their PARENTS, too!

When I was in school, if we talked back to the teacher, we were sent to the principle's office and our parents were called. Now, it seems if these little brats talk back to their teachers, the schools are afraid to do anything, and the parents think their kid's bad behavior is funny.

I don't know how that teacher in Vacaville can even think of saying they "deserve" anything in the schools. If that was true, at the rate they're going, by time they're adults, they'll have the attitude that they don't have to work for what they want....it'll all be handed to them because "they deserve it".

BULLPOOP
Jennifer in Vacaville

United States

#33 May 27, 2010
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it a shame that there are so many STUPID people in the world?
"Personally I am only going to even consider voting for anyone who is not a career politician; they're all crooks no matter what party." Awkwardly worded at best.
The FACT is there are a lot of crooks in politics. Some are career politicians, others are newcomers. To imply that "they're all crooks" is like saying "all black people are no good", or "all doctors are thieves", or "all used car salesmen are crooks". Just remember that there are MANY, MANY laws that benefit YOU, that over the years MILLIONS of "our boys" have died in wars to protect YOUR freedoms,(wars that were authorized by those "crooked elected officials", or next time you feed your mouth with food that's kept safe by laws that were passed and enforced by all those "crooked politicians".
And it's even MORE sad that your own "research" that you preach about "Please don't make your decision oon who to vote for based on commercials or what you see on TV, do some research! It may take a little of your time, but look where we are now." has not gained you the knowledge to even spell their names correctly!
With your arrogant, ill-advised, ignorant point of view, I'm not sure you "deserve" the right to vote!
Are you kidding me? So you don't advise doing research on what candidates stand for before you cast you vote for them? Sure just sit in front of the tv since they always tell the truth, and make up your mind from there then go vote. How is doing research that ignorant or illadvised?
Don't even try to talk about the laws and freedoms given to me by my fellow brothers and sisters. I am a disabled Veteran, and know more than you do about our sacrifices!!
Your whole response to me makes no sense at all.
Now who sounds like the ingorant one whom doesn't "deserve" to vote? Your words not mine! I fought for everyone's right to vote, not just those who agree with me.
Jennifer in Vacaville

United States

#34 May 27, 2010
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
David, I have to say that I agree with you here. I think you mistyped your last sentence, and I'd like to rephrase it slightly.
"They only "deserve" what they earn, and when the academic scores are what they are in California, they haven't "earned" anything.
Otherwise, I agree with you completely. I'm a volunteer parent at the middle school that our children attend, and it's really sad to see the total lack of respect that kids have for authority. That same attitude seems to extend to their PARENTS, too!
When I was in school, if we talked back to the teacher, we were sent to the principle's office and our parents were called. Now, it seems if these little brats talk back to their teachers, the schools are afraid to do anything, and the parents think their kid's bad behavior is funny.
I don't know how that teacher in Vacaville can even think of saying they "deserve" anything in the schools. If that was true, at the rate they're going, by time they're adults, they'll have the attitude that they don't have to work for what they want....it'll all be handed to them because "they deserve it".
BULLPOOP
I agree as well. When I volunteer at my sons school all the teachers come up to my husband and I and say they are so pleased to have 1 student in class that has manners. He says Sir, Mam, please and thank you and is always helpful and never disrespectful; they ask us how we do it. We don't give him any other option, since he started talking and asking for things he had to say please and thank you and we use the same respect and manners with him and each other. I'm mortified by the way these kids talk to the teachers and even their parents today and the parents do nothing!
Lifetime in Fairfield

Vacaville, CA

#35 May 27, 2012
Has anybody even questioned the fact that the assistant superintendent of the Fairfield Unified School District who is in charge of the budget does NOT even have a four year college degree? This person could not even substitute in a first grade class. Also, the number of imported administrators who the superintendent has brought in from her previous districts and awarded huge pay increase for coming to the FSUSD.
How about this, do you know that board members get full health benefits for being on the school board. Five years ago, the FSUSD paid over $13,000 in benefits to the board president and his wife.
Lifetime in Fairfield

Vacaville, CA

#36 May 27, 2012
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, BOO-HOO, BOO-HOO...Phys. Ed. is all that's required by law. EVERY CHILD in school can benefit from basic exercise. NO ONE NEEDS football, or baseball, or wrestling or any of that. I'd venture a guess that 2/3 or more of the kids in the sports programs, couldn't compose a properly structured sentence if their lives depended on it. If cuts have to be made, make them in unnecessary programs like sports, music (since the CRAP they call "music" these days, isn't music anyway), and keep the academics. Reading, writing, and arithmetic will benefit them FAR longer into their lives than being able to throw a stupid football, and tackle someone to the ground.
I doubt you ever played a sport in your life to make such a comment. Balance in all areas makes a better student. Both my sons benefit from sports. Both have 4.0 GPA's and the older one is applying to the Ivy Leagues. If you ever had children, you should have enjoyed them representing their schools.
By the way, did you know that the FSUSD pays over $500,000 a year to have consultants come in and advise their teachers. Think this is necessary to?
Lifetime in Fairfield

Vacaville, CA

#37 May 27, 2012
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one B. Outstanding! Just curious what were his SAT scores? Something you should know about teachers, they are asked to develop students, but have no control of the product they receive to work with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving Solano Forward is transitioning to actio... 2 min Anonk 4
Vallejo Chamber of Commerce supports clinic move 2 hr Racists Abound 28
News David Manley: Dona t sell us short 7 hr Eastside Tom 1
Vallejo firefighters put out half acre blaze on MI 7 hr Happy Valley 3
Solano College 4-year degree program represents... 7 hr Bob 3
California Pays Other States to Take Excess Sol... 7 hr you pay 4
Surveillance photos released of suspect in atte... 9 hr At Home in VTown 5

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance