Vacaville-area schools improve exit exam scores

Aug 23, 2012 Full story: The Reporter 8

In line with a statewide trend, the pass rate for Vacaville-area high schools' state exit exam increased for the class of 2012, but there were signs math scores fell below county and state averages at two Fairfield schools, California education officials reported Wednesday.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2012
If the trend is indeed improving statewide then I'd bet it has more to do with dumbing down the test and not so much better educating the students.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#2 Aug 23, 2012
If there is improvement, then why are remedial classes an junior colleges backed full?

Stockton, CA

#3 Aug 24, 2012
A Thought wrote:
If there is improvement, then why are remedial classes an junior colleges backed full?
Good question.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#4 Aug 25, 2012
Ah Gee, my typo's have been horrible lately. Wonder if they offer remedial typing? Or keyboarding as they call it these days....

So, I read an article yesterday that an outragious number of students use thier first year of student loans to pay for the remediation classes. Find that the thousands of dollars in debt was wasted had they just went to an adult ed program first. The college credits for those classes are worthless. Can't apply them to a two year degree or tranfer them toward a 4 year...

Seems only me and B.L. Bob are on this thread. doesn't this issue make anyone else go: HUMMMmmmm?
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#6 Aug 25, 2012
It's all about the Man keeping us down......

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 27, 2012
A Thought wrote:
It's all about the Man keeping us down......
That must be it.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#8 Aug 29, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be it.
Still, sometimes I am surprised by the lack of interest on various threads... Oh well.....
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Yeah, watta hey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What the cops are driving in 2015 4 hr Anonymous 1
THIZZ Nation gets busted (Apr '12) 6 hr SMR 666
Christian fundamentalists create 'Bigotry Map' 12 hr Anonymous 12
Jim Sweet: We deserve our own stores 12 hr Smarter than you 50
Community Baby Shower held in Vallejo 14 hr obama is a muslim 2
Armed carjacking reported in Vallejo Friday 17 hr Doh 5
Broad daylight catalytic converter theft in Val... 17 hr Doh 3
Fairfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web