Zodiac Break? New Evidence Could Help...

Zodiac Break? New Evidence Could Help Catch Infamous Killer

There are 245 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Mar 21, 2008, titled Zodiac Break? New Evidence Could Help Catch Infamous Killer. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Nearly four decades after some of the most infamous serial killings in U.S. history, Vallejo police investigators have submitted new DNA evidence to a California crime lab in hopes of catching the Zodiac ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Zodiac

Motherwell, UK

#1 Mar 25, 2008
You'll never get me

“To each his own...”

Since: Oct 07

Fair Oaks

#2 Mar 25, 2008
Zodiac wrote:
You'll never get me
LMAO!

Since: Feb 08

Menlo Park, CA

#3 Mar 25, 2008
Real Vallejo folk know who the Zodiac is. They will never tell.

“Enough”

Broderick

#4 Mar 25, 2008
ORIGINAL V-TOWN wrote:
Real Vallejo folk know who the Zodiac is. They will never tell.
do you know?

“To each his own...”

Fair Oaks

#5 Mar 25, 2008
I know.

Menlo Park, CA

#6 Mar 25, 2008
haas73 wrote:
<quoted text>do you know?
I'll bet you my 1967 blue and gold metal flake cats eye marble I do.

“To each his own...”

Fair Oaks

#7 Mar 25, 2008
Hey! Didn't I see you on Lake Herman Road, late one night??!!

Menlo Park, CA

#8 Mar 25, 2008
Not unless you were hiding in the bush in back of the one I was hiding behind.

Menlo Park, CA

#9 Mar 25, 2008
....Say, did you have a black mask on??

cameron park

#10 Mar 25, 2008
wow i sure would love to see this case solved. i remember so clearly how scared i was at the time of this horror. i was 8 years old and we couldn't go out to play. we lived in the bay area at the time and of course i also felt i knew who it was. it was everyone i knew. every man, uncle and family friend that i ever knew. i even thought it was my biological dad whom i didn't have a relationship with. he lived near every kill spot. fit the description and all. boy would i like a moment of truth on this one lol.
Telmark

United States

#11 Mar 26, 2008
The authorities have known who the Zodiac was all along. They just couldn't do anything about it due to the riots of the day. BTW, he was a high school teacher.

cameron park

#12 Mar 26, 2008
Telmark wrote:
The authorities have known who the Zodiac was all along. They just couldn't do anything about it due to the riots of the day. BTW, he was a high school teacher.
wasn't that man ruled out a few years ago from a dna test?

cameron park

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Telmark wrote:
telmark-
this is what the sacbee said about the suspected teacher.

Vallejo police Lt. Rick Nichelman said that with the development of improved forensic methods, including DNA evidence and comparison databases, investigators were hopeful an examination of the old evidence would yield new results.

After years of hunting for Zodiac, Vallejo police officially closed the investigation in 2004. In 2002, DNA and handwriting analyses ruled out the prime suspect in the Zodiac murders, Vallejo school teacher and convicted child molester Arthur Leigh Allen. Allen died in 1992.
The Sac Bee is Stupid

Sacramento, CA

#14 Mar 26, 2008
jezbnme wrote:
<quoted text>
telmark-
this is what the sacbee said about the suspected teacher.
Vallejo police Lt. Rick Nichelman said that with the development of improved forensic methods, including DNA evidence and comparison databases, investigators were hopeful an examination of the old evidence would yield new results.
After years of hunting for Zodiac, Vallejo police officially closed the investigation in 2004. In 2002, DNA and handwriting analyses ruled out the prime suspect in the Zodiac murders, Vallejo school teacher and convicted child molester Arthur Leigh Allen. Allen died in 1992.
Don't rely on the Bee's reporting
Telmark

United States

#15 Mar 26, 2008
The Zodiac killer was a teacher who worked in a city other than Vallejo. Arthur Allen was just one of several false suspects.

The real Zodiac was the only suspect known to have been at or near all of the crime scenes and the coded messages and clues he gave made it pretty easy to determine who he was.

cameron park

#16 Mar 26, 2008
i guess i didn't know there was more than one teacher suspected. i thought arthur allen was the teacher. but if it was so easy to know who it was why were there even any other suspects?

“To each his own...”

Fair Oaks

#17 Mar 26, 2008
ORIGINAL V-TOWN wrote:
....Say, did you have a black mask on??
I did.

Black mask, and a black magic marker, that was me.
Telmark

United States

#18 Mar 26, 2008
Quote;
"but if it was so easy to know who it was why were there even any other suspects?"

PC for one.

cameron park

#19 Mar 26, 2008
Telmark wrote:
Quote;
"but if it was so easy to know who it was why were there even any other suspects?"
PC for one.
pc????
Telmark

United States

#20 Mar 26, 2008
Political Correctness.

Another problem with the case was the large number of false leads generated by "copy cats" and the like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank Malifrando: Making Vallejo a festival hot... 4 min Kurshan Fake Viet... 27
nothing about that phony 51 min democratU 1
Trump To Wear Special Gown In Mexico Visit 56 min democratU 2
Trump Meets Mexican Pres in Nude? 57 min democratU 3
General Plan Upade -- have fun with this 4 hr DowntownMB 41
Verder-Aliga questions lack of hyphen 7 hr tony is sams nutz 13
Diohep out as Vallejo's economic development ma... 7 hr sam drives tony nutz 5

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairfield Mortgages