Solano College plans to add solar to ...

Solano College plans to add solar to campuses

There are 15 comments on the The Daily Republic story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Solano College plans to add solar to campuses. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

After successfully bidding for unused funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the college is set to install around 5 megawatts of solar spread throughout the main campus and two satellites.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

odumbo umm umm umm

Oakland, CA

#1 Sep 6, 2012
"unused funds" ?????????? why hasn't that money found it's way into the classrooms or used to lower students costs and fees ? students listen up, the school is ripping you off !!!!!!!!!!
education advocate

Vacaville, CA

#2 Sep 6, 2012
please educate yourself about how funding mechanisms work before you reveal your ignorance.
odumbo umm umm umm

Oakland, CA

#3 Sep 6, 2012
education advocate wrote:
please educate yourself about how funding mechanisms work before you reveal your ignorance.
teachers are always singing the blues about low pay but you support spending money on solar panels that will wear out before the are paid off, typical liberal feeling!
education advocate

Vacaville, CA

#4 Sep 6, 2012
i can see that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Mr Hand

Davis, CA

#5 Sep 6, 2012
education advocate wrote:
please educate yourself about how funding mechanisms work before you reveal your ignorance.
And there-in lies the issue that does bother many, much like the state agencies squirreling away unused money.

A community college system that is crying for funding to keep its classes going will undoubtedly be questioned for spending $12.3M toward a program with the name "Commitment to Climate Control".

Can you say 'Solyndra'?

This is a pork project, pure and simple. And that's what upsets taxpayers in these times. Taxpayer money spent to maybe pay out savings in 14 years.

We are fools.

Mike

Madera, CA

#6 Sep 6, 2012
This new solar crap will only be installed to the new ADMIN building and enjoyed by administrators and other bureaucrats.

In the meantime, SCC will continue to struggle with keeping its accreditation even for the remedial math and reading classes that should have been mastered by students in high school. Other college level classes may find themselves useless for transfer to a 4 year institution by the Spring due to lack of accreditation.

Oh well. As long as the administrators and bureaucrats are comfortable. That's all that counts at SCC.
education advocate

Vacaville, CA

#7 Sep 6, 2012
your post is completely misinformed. the solar panels are not being installed on the admin building. they will be on all the campuses in appropriate sites. nor is the college in danger of losing accreditation.
Mike

Madera, CA

#8 Sep 6, 2012
education advocate wrote:
your post is completely misinformed. the solar panels are not being installed on the admin building. they will be on all the campuses in appropriate sites. nor is the college in danger of losing accreditation.
BullScheit!
Jim in SF

San Jose, CA

#9 Sep 6, 2012
It is heartbreaking to realize that the scam of "man made global warming" or "Climate change" or "Climate disruption" has been institutionalize by our colleges. All in the name of political correctness, gullible people are willing to parrot the mockery that Al Gore presented in is fraudulent movie.

The arrogance of thinking man can turn some kind of giant climate knob is stunning. Ignorance at it's worst.
Mike

Madera, CA

#10 Sep 6, 2012
Jim in SF wrote:
It is heartbreaking to realize that the scam of "man made global warming" or "Climate change" or "Climate disruption" has been institutionalize by our colleges. All in the name of political correctness, gullible people are willing to parrot the mockery that Al Gore presented in is fraudulent movie.
The arrogance of thinking man can turn some kind of giant climate knob is stunning. Ignorance at it's worst.
And I repeat. Bullscheit!

Man caused global climate change is valid and real. Anyone who disagrees is a Republican idiot.
Jim in SF

San Jose, CA

#11 Sep 6, 2012
You can see a good example here of how "Climate change" has become a religious experience for people. If you dare to question the very bad science behind this religious movement (not to mention the slush money for democrats e.g. Solyndra) you get outlandish outbursts from the faithful followers.

Apologies to Mike if he simply forgot the /sarc tag.
Mike

Madera, CA

#12 Sep 6, 2012
Jim in SF wrote:
You can see a good example here of how "Climate change" has become a religious experience for people. If you dare to question the very bad science behind this religious movement (not to mention the slush money for democrats e.g. Solyndra) you get outlandish outbursts from the faithful followers.
Apologies to Mike if he simply forgot the /sarc tag.
I WAS serious sonny boy! You ain't none too bright are you junior? If it's in the King James Bible, then it's true. Very true!
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#13 Sep 6, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>I WAS serious sonny boy! You ain't none too bright are you junior? If it's in the King James Bible, then it's true. Very true!
Donít you mean the King Al Goreís Bible?

Since: Aug 10

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Sep 7, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>And I repeat. Bullscheit!
Man caused global climate change is valid and real. Anyone who disagrees is a Republican idiot.
If it is so "valid and real" then why do the proponents have to keep changing what they call it and why do the so called researchers have to falsify their data?

I remember when it was global cooling and we were headed for another ice age, next it was global warming and now it's just climate change.

Ps:'splain to us o brilliant one that since the global temperature is fluctuating on Mars also, how is man causing that?
Wanglow

United States

#15 Sep 7, 2012
I'm a "Republican idiot", I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vallejo man arrested on many felony counts 48 min Anonymous 1
Vallejo Mayor angry over nonpayments 5 hr Mark Pappas 21
Vallejo town hall meeting on Orcem scheduled fo... 9 hr Mark Pappas 10
Who is Fat 10 hr Mark Pappas 16
Solano gives pay hikes to attorneys represented... 15 hr Mark Pappas 3
Make extra income free Nov 17 K McClay 1
News Solano courts can be strict with dress code (Aug '10) Nov 2 Crackie Wackie 21

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairfield Mortgages