Vacaville man dies in motorcycle acci...

Vacaville man dies in motorcycle accident

There are 19 comments on the The Reporter story from Jul 5, 2010, titled Vacaville man dies in motorcycle accident. In it, The Reporter reports that:

A Vacaville resident involved in a solo motorcycle accident Saturday evening in Fairfield died from his injuries, California Highway Patrol officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#1 Jul 5, 2010
How sad. I can't imagine how bad the passerby's that stopped felt. Years ago, my son was in the minivan with his dad and step mom. They were driving on a curvy road, a man and his son came around the corner on motorcycles, and the son was in the lane of oncoming traffic. He slammed into the minivan and flew into the windshield. My ex works in the E.R. as an EMT. He gave the guy mouth to mouth, but he took his last breath within a matter of seconds. I couldn't imagine dealing with that.
Dade

Fairfield, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2010
Good to hear that people actually stopped to render aid. I hear and read all to many stories of people just walking or driving by ignoring someones plight. The guy that died on the sidewalk with people just walking by him in New York after trying to stop some knive wielding thief comes to mind.
New Resident

Vacaville, CA

#3 Jul 5, 2010
Our condolances to the family.

“Oblabla - You Lie”

Since: Jan 08

Richmond to Buddy

#4 Jul 5, 2010
Rest In Peace John
Xavier

Vacaville, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2010
Maybe some rubble in the road. I see lots of it all over. Usually dropped by various ramshackle trucks and pickups hauling junk. The CHP probably isn't too keen to clear the junk off -- a CHP officer just got killed not long ago trying to do just that.

Another reason why riding a motorcycle is not entirely smart.
Crystal Horvath

Reno, NV

#6 Jul 5, 2010
I lost my brother going on 3 years now, it didnt happen the same way but he did pass on his motorcycle. My prayers and thoughts go out to John's family and friends.
james

Vacaville, CA

#7 Jul 5, 2010
Why do you think ER staff call them Donorcycles?
William

United States

#8 Jul 5, 2010
-The Motorcycle Song, Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant, Folk, 60
Anonymous

Woodland, CA

#9 Jul 5, 2010
Rest in peace John.

May God walk your family through this, and be with your dad/husband.
Community Citizen

San Bruno, CA

#10 Jul 5, 2010
Rest in Peace and may your family and friends find the strength to get through this terrible time.
Dawn LaBar

Vacaville, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2010
Sending my prayers to his family, and thanks to those who stopped to assist. Rest in Peace, Brother Biker.
Benny

Davis, CA

#12 Jul 5, 2010
I feel sad reading about things like this, and my heart goes out to family and friends. But a note to webmasters out there who design these pages: Do we really have to put up with annoying disrespectful pop-up ads when we're reading about a person losing their life? It's tacky and insensitive and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
matt

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2010
john u will be missed by so many. iv known u for years. he loved all of his family & friends so much
May U R.I.P
Local

Concord, CA

#14 Jul 6, 2010
james wrote:
Why do you think ER staff call them Donorcycles?
My brother died in a car crash, motorcycles were not involved.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#17 Jul 7, 2010
Tangie wrote:
<quoted text>
r u stoned, drunk, or just a hillbilly?
Dude, leave the boy alone! His uncle just died, he's obviously a teenager, and he's writing how people text. Jesus!! Did you really have to make such a stupid comment?????
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#18 Jul 7, 2010
If this state had MUCH more stringent driving requirements, motorcycles and small light automobiles would not be nearly so dangerous.
If the crooks in our legislature spent the taxes collected to fix our roads on FIXING OUR ROADS, hazardous driving would be greatly reduced.

We could be driving both green and safe IF this state made responsible and competent driving a priority.
matt

United States

#19 Jul 7, 2010
hey corey MCC when r they going to have the survise for him i need to know me and my mom went to go
Maria Ryerson

Union City, CA

#22 Jul 7, 2010
My thoughts and prayers go this family. I met John when I worked as a security guard for chevron refinery. He always made me laugh and always had such great humour about everything...... I didnt see him again when I left, but by the grace of god I became friends with his sister when she started working with me..... He will be greatly missed and I know how much he loved that bike ( rose) .....again my thoughts and prayers are with u all.. rest in peace my dear friend...
Maria Ryerson

Union City, CA

#23 Jul 7, 2010
matt wrote:
hey corey MCC when r they going to have the survise for him i need to know me and my mom went to go
the service is saturday july 10th in vacaville i will post the address tonight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vallejo man removed from meeting after homophob... 37 min East Lake Vic 69
Thompson introduces bill to transfer the Mare I... 50 min GEE 4
Vallejo Bookstore moving to larger space, right... 6 hr Wanglow 2
Urine Hair Rinse a Miracle! 6 hr jared for presdents 1
Garbage Dump! Mon the digger 35
California Lawmakers Again Push to Unseal Polic... Mon GEE 4
News Heartland Institute to teach financial literacy... Mon Uncle Hunker 1

Fairfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Fairfield Mortgages