Messina's agenda is job creation

Messina's agenda is job creation

There are 9 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from May 15, 2012, titled Messina's agenda is job creation. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Editors note: This is the first in a two-part series on the Solano County Supervisor candidates in District 2. Steve Messina knows it's not easy to beat an incumbent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#1 May 15, 2012
Another politician who will say anything to win, Messina rolled out a long list of credentials as a career politician but has no past history of projects that created jobs during his two terms as mayor. And since he's now talking about jobs, we'd like to see his peer reviewed plan that will convince the voters. Where's the beef?
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#2 May 15, 2012
Quote: "Messina, a Republican, has picked up key endorsements from the Benicia and Fairfield-Suisun chambers of commerce. The Vallejo Chamber of Commerce's political action committee, however, has endorsed Seifert, who also has broad support from local, state and federal elected officials."

Says alot about the candidates and their agenda, and why neither candidate got endorsed by the biggest city they actually live next to. Interesting.
Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#3 May 15, 2012
God help us.
GEE

La Honda, CA

#4 May 15, 2012
The political action committee of the Chamber of Commerce.....

Why does standing with and for the business community of X city involve politics? It should not, but does in a big way, for some.

I do not need endorsements of any kind in order to vote for a candidate. It does however involve some research involving the person I will give my vote to.

The more endorsements, the more scrutiny of the candidate and his proposed actions and allegiances.
Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#5 May 15, 2012
Why hello there, political propaganda has been a tried and proven method of persuasion since the Roman days, most citizens do not even take the time to do research when they find themselves at the voting booth. All they remember is who said this and who did not. Ergo, instant decisions that give us instant results but not so instant performance. And you know as well as I do that it will happen again, just ask our three time governor.
GEE

La Honda, CA

#6 May 15, 2012
Hello FC!
Yes indeed, the method of choice.
If doing it twice does not bring the desired results, try a third time!...and people are dense enough to believe the spiel. Blame it on the lousy economy..... I could swallow a few millions, but TRILLIONS....
What was really telling was (at least to me) when Steinberger (D) made the statement that he could now get things done because Jerry Brown(D) was at the helm. So the scum bag wasted years by intentionally sitting on his ass because the present Governor of the State of California was not from his own party? Schwarzenegger(R?)was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but not working with a governor other than your own party is touching on being treasonous.
But I am off topic...
I agree with Mr. Messina. In my opinion and in the mind of this voter, Ms. Seifert is an attractive and poised individual, she is well connected and intelligent. The problem for me is that we are in desperate need of jobs, especially private sector jobs. Unfortunately significant growth has not happened under Ms. Seifert's term in office. With the departure of CoParts as well as other businesses to out of State locations I am concerned that other private businesses may follow this trend and we are left with people employed by various government entities only.
I have done research with respect to Mr. Messina and believe he is the correct choice to represent my specific area at this time. I may have to eat crow, but the dish can be served in different ways. Unfortunately I am becoming well adapted to picking the wrong candidates, researched well and still turning out to be duds.
So eben ist das Leben!
Thatís Life!
saul wright

Vallejo, CA

#7 May 15, 2012
one of linda's mailers claimed "support" for the mare island dismantlers and 100 jobs. well, fact is, without the dismantling contracts, there is only a skeleton crew cleaning ships going to texas. has linda done anything in that regard?
Filthy City

Vallejo, CA

#8 May 16, 2012
GEE wrote:
I agree with Mr. Messina. In my opinion and in the mind of this voter, Ms. Seifert is an attractive and poised individual, she is well connected and intelligent. The problem for me is that we are in desperate need of jobs, especially private sector jobs. Unfortunately significant growth has not happened under Ms. Seifert's term in office. With the departure of CoParts as well as other businesses to out of State locations I am concerned that other private businesses may follow this trend and we are left with people employed by various government entities only.
I have done research with respect to Mr. Messina and believe he is the correct choice to represent my specific area at this time. I may have to eat crow, but the dish can be served in different ways. Unfortunately I am becoming well adapted to picking the wrong candidates, researched well and still turning out to be duds.
So eben ist das Leben!
Thatís Life!
Guten morgen, wie stehen sie heute?(GM, how are you today?)

Well, we know what credentials do for candidates like Sampayan who turned his back after the election. I hope you're right about Messina but experience has taught me not to trust any candidate. The proof of the pudding in every case is performance and results. There outa be a law that requires candidates to lay out their plans and visions before the voters. I mean, how can one be talking jobs without providing enough details to be credible and convincing?

We control the votes but not the choices who keep coming back like a persistent virus. Wish we had more fresh selections.
GEE

La Honda, CA

#9 May 16, 2012
Guten Morgen! Danke, mir geht es gut und Ihnen?
Yep, I'm doing well, how about you?

Unfortunately a politician, pick any one, can not be trusted fully.
Since we are all adults and have been exposed to "Life, been around the block a few times", etc. we should all know better than to fall for empty promises. They may be logical when presented, but our country is divided.

There is a reason why people in power do not want agreement amongst the masses, it simply does not serve their agenda and keeping people on their toes means strive keeps them occupied and away from the real issues so they can diligently apply their behind the scenes work. Ever notice how fast an issue can make it to signature status if they (State and Federal) want it badly enough and applied "NOW"?

The present power points of interest make my case. How many of us CARE about the side issues dominating our country at present? What we really want and need are Jobs that will provide an income to people so they can be removed from the governments and taxpayers back and stand on their own. But I am preaching to the choir.

The reason I am voting for Mr. Messina is that he has not been seated at the county level to date. His ideas are as valid as Ms. Seifert's, the only difference is that she has had a seat at the table, but the promise of food has not materialized.
So if I want a different menu/approach to get the food, I have to change out the cook! Sorry about that little pun.

The sun is coming out, my weeds are as healthy as ever and my garden does need tending. Tschuesschen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amazon dream takes over Vallejo 14 min Jamie 14
Where is the chief this time? 20 min Highasakite 69
News Worel angry over proposed charter school in Val... 35 min Anon 9
The Air We Breath 42 min Anon 62
Pension Crisis: Cut 30% of Payroll or Overturn ... (Aug '15) 16 hr Felicia 7
Vallejo school board hires new superintendent Fri Voter Name Not Di... 11
News Vallejo Transit Center restroom floor suit face... Fri Consistancy 2

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance