Fairfield explains gang plan

Fairfield explains gang plan

There are 21 comments on the The Reporter story from Jun 5, 2009, titled Fairfield explains gang plan. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Speaking during a brief press conference in front of Fairfield City Hall on Thursday, Police Chief Kenton W. Rainey described the Norteos street gang as the largest and most violent criminal gang in the community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
random guy

Vacaville, CA

#1 Jun 5, 2009
this is not good for anyone if they can't stay on there turf they'll just take over some other neighborhood causing more violence and more arrest in a already crowded jail and prison system how about stoping a know adult gang member from hanging around minors that way recruiting will go down
New American

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2009
Time was when free speech also applied to Police Chiefs as well. But "PC" ism has taken over, largely due to the efforts of the ACLU, La Raza and MALDEF; amongst other "rights" groups. Thus, our elected official can't really be honest in singling out the Nortenos for what they are: A Hispanic Based Street Gang, a criminal enterprise. The Nortenos are not composed of Swedish immigrants, or Polish, or French, or Japanese, either! I don't suppose that either the Nortenos nor the Surenos are particularly hip on accepting members from any of the above mentioned ethnic groups. Nope. I don't think so. Perhaps a leader from the Nortenos would like to release a statement, coming forward and declaring that they are an equal opportunity affiliation? Not going to be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. Get Real! Gangs practically run our prison system, and now pose threats to peoples' health and welfare on the streets, as well.
Mr Negativity

Arcata, CA

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Honey, box up our things, we're movin' to South Central. It says here that they cleaned up the hood.

How about some examples of this injunction. What, no hoodies, no gold capped teeth, no bling, no gang tats, no XXXL plaid long sleeved shirts, no elaborate hydraulic systems on their 63 "Chevys", no Escalades with 24 inch wheels and 360 degree dark windows? Does this mean they can hang in a lot next to a Denny's on the NW side of I80?

No midnight basketball!!!??? No way Maaan!

Will I.C.E. be involved?

This part of Fairfield has been a very scary place for a very long time. Let's hope this isn't just issuing jaywalking citations while dodging automatic weapon crossfire. Good luck.
Don

Oakland, CA

#4 Jun 5, 2009
One gang, but not the others?

Not within the total City limits?

What's that all about?

Band-aid approach. You must irradiate the virus or it will return with a vengeance. Speechless!
My mistake

United States

#5 Jun 5, 2009
Chief Rainey cited the violence of the nortenos. And he is correct. Recently, there was a double murder trial for two gangsters in Fairfield who shot and killed two brothers who were walking down the street with three other friends.

Oh wait--the gunman and driver were surenos.

Well--there was the recent arrest of a pair of brothers, who are accused of intimidating a witness at a trial, threatening death to her for testifying.

Oh gosh--these two brothers are associated with the surenos too.

My mistake.
TIRED

San Jose, CA

#6 Jun 5, 2009
Nothing to expain. I think everyone supports this.
Vidal Suisun

Fairfield, CA

#7 Jun 5, 2009
Nortenos, Surenos, Bloods, Crips,whatever the name, Gangs in general are a cancer on our community and should not be tolerated no matter what race or color.
In my neighborhood I see 10-12 year old boys dealing drugs and They get these drugs from older gang members. Reporting this activity to the police has proved futile. They respond very slowly so by the time they get to the scene the lookouts(usually very young kids) have spotted them coming and called the ones doing the dealing to warn that the "PO PO" are on the way. Here's another thought. I recently heard that some school systems are going to a four day school week. Just adding to the problem because this means more kids hanging out with too much time on there hands and raising the possibility of them getting recruited. The parking lot at my apt complex is "Alive" with illegal activity all night long and when I do call the police they either take their sweet easy time getting here or when they do arrive they are oblivious as to what is going on because the "Hoods" Have lookouts on the street.The police are useless basically.
SoB

Vacaville, CA

#8 Jun 5, 2009
If Fairfield trying to stop the Nor they need to stop the Sur to. Think about it the Sur are just as bad to or even worse who's knows????
Sparky

Sebastopol, CA

#9 Jun 5, 2009
If approved by the court, the injunction also would establish a 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew for Norteņo gang members

I can see it now:

Hey Holmes we goin to tag our turf on the side of the 7-11 on E. Tabor.

I don't don't know esay its 9:30 already and curfew is 10:00. Maybe we better go home.

Ohh, your right Holmes, maybe we better wait till
daylightn savings is over ay. It gets dark earlier, and we could tag s**t all over town, and be home in bed before 10:00.

OK, esay! We just go get some Aldabertos and head home.

WOW, see its working already!!
Get a Job

Santa Rosa, CA

#10 Jun 5, 2009
Sparky - hahahaha. That was really funny!
inFairfield

Burlingame, CA

#11 Jun 5, 2009
Nortenos, Surenos, they are all chickendong. A bad rap on all of us latinos. I DO live prisoner in my house in FF, and there are KNOWN affiliated gang members all over my street and sidestreets. I know this because I listen to my landscaper, great source of intelligence. He helps me protect my property and keeps me aware of what was going on in 'Da hood. WHY??? because it's lawless there. FFPD eat this.
inFairfield

Burlingame, CA

#12 Jun 5, 2009
and I do believe FF stands for Fist F**k, I ve been reaped a new one since I moved here. Robbed, broken into my home, assaulted, vandalized my property... yeah God Bless America, too. I TOTALLY support the corfew and the area delimitation.Start with the Nortenos. Continue with the Surenos, all a bunch of chickendong cowards.
silent people

Vacaville, CA

#13 Jun 5, 2009
Wow thats it an injunction thats going to solve everything gang related in fairfield this gov sucks ass they are redickulus I PREY FOR THE DAY REVOLUTION COMES!!
The saddest part

Los Altos, CA

#14 Jun 5, 2009
Is that they're actually treating them like an accepted part of society, like they're nothing more than a ladies red hat society or something. How about we go with "gangs are a blight on the community, if you are in a gang, you can be arrested, period"? If you're associated with a known terrorist, you get investigated, arrested, restricted, etc. What is a gang but a group of terrorists without a reason?

Granny in the Crosswalk

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 5, 2009
I find it interesting that FF is only going after the Nortenos? What about the lovely people in this clip?

end gangs now

Oakland, CA

#16 Jun 5, 2009
really?? still just the northerners?! there ARE MORE southerners in fairfield no matter what these people say we live here and i see them every where. has any one been to the mall, i meen come on fairfield make it a joint effort. put limits on all these cowardly little pukes!! but having said that , the curfew is a awsome idea THANX

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#17 Jun 5, 2009

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#18 Jun 5, 2009
People are right. You can't just enforce this in the downtown area. It HAS to be a city-wide crackdown, or else they will just move into surrounding areas. Perhaps if the gangs moved into the cops' neighborhoods like Green Valley, Cordelia, Rancho Solano, Goldridge, and Paradise Valley, the ban would cover a greater area. Mark my words, they will move into these areas. This 10:00 bedtime is utterly rediculous, too. This will stop nobody !

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#19 Jun 6, 2009
West SadSack has a similar injunction on the Broderick Boys for years. The ACLU has been claiming this is just "unfair".....wahhhh. I hope it works here. Some of the guidelines are:

The injunction specifically prohibits the following activities by the Broderick Boys:

Associating with other gang members in public.
Producing graffiti or possessing items used to produce graffiti.
Possessing drugs or alcohol.
Possessing weapons.
Intimidating witnesses.
Trespassing on private property.
Violating a 10 p.m. to sunrise curfew.
Breaking any law.

Apparently of the 350 identified members of the gang, only one was served papers in 2007. Anyone else know of it's success or failure?

Google has several articles on this.
Justice For All

Arcata, CA

#20 Jun 6, 2009
Put them on double secret probation!? Huh?

The following is something we're not likely to hear:

"Juan (or Jamar or Bevis), you have disgraced me-your mother, your father, our family, our church and our neighborhood by being arrested for being a gang member and for violating a curfew imposed on that despicable gang". " You need to clean up your act, get out of that gang and make us proud to be your parents". "We didn't work and slave to raise a convict". "Now get back into school, get a job and map out a life plan to be an honest, responsible success individual". "Juan, give me, your mother, a decent reason to brag about you at the market and at church". "Please".

I doubt that this conversation takes place in the target area of this injunction. It's so lame; so silly; so 1950's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City council to review VMT/Orcem appeal in May 23 min paula 10
Carmen Cassius: Dr. Bishop's triumphs 44 min paula 5
Faraday Quits Vallejo 2 hr Here we go 12
Police are leaving in large numbers 2 hr Here we go 82
Crooks nab $8,000 in cigarettes from 7-Eleven i... 4 hr Low Staff High OT 4
Robots could take over 38% of U.S. jobs within ... 7 hr Ned the Red 7
Robots could replace 1.7 million American truck... 10 hr the old chinaman 3

Fairfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance