Is Obamacare working for anyone in Al...

Is Obamacare working for anyone in Alabama in 2016?

There are 3 comments on the Alabama Live story from Nov 6, 2016, titled Is Obamacare working for anyone in Alabama in 2016?. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

They say "yes," if the yardstick is having health insurance they couldn't get before and having, for several years, at least, choices about the provider and the cost. They say "no" if the measure is confidence that vanishing choices will come back, and the cost of coverage won't keep rising.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

Amanda Weeks

Addison, TX

#1 Nov 7, 2016
The out-of-pocket is $6800 dollars, and it will not even pay for a office visit until you pay the $6000 deductable plus my premium of $390 a month it's really a rip off, and it's going up in 2017. Sorry insurance my doctor even says it's worthless. But what can you do the penalty for not having it is over $800 dollars. It should be against the law to make a person buy it or pay a penalty. Sometimes I feel like we're living in a communist country. We are losing our freedom every day. God bless us all
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#2 Nov 17, 2016
Amanda Weeks wrote:
The out-of-pocket is $6800 dollars, and it will not even pay for a office visit until you pay the $6000 deductable plus my premium of $390 a month it's really a rip off, and it's going up in 2017. Sorry insurance my doctor even says it's worthless. But what can you do the penalty for not having it is over $800 dollars. It should be against the law to make a person buy it or pay a penalty. Sometimes I feel like we're living in a communist country. We are losing our freedom every day. God bless us all
Sad to say but there are people out there that are switching to jobs that pay a bit less per hour BUT have AFFORDABLE company insurance benefits. Once you're in, there are "wellness" benefits that keep your family healthy. It's even MORE important if you can get your spouse on if he works someplace with no benefits . Sure, it's going to cut a slice of the paycheck but what's your family's health worth?? Good luck!! On the same note: Many years ago while I was in school, I stumbled on a job that paid much less than what I was making BUT the company had a program that would reimburse me for college costs, books, travel based on my grade points. Needless to say, I rode that horse even while holding down two jobs. It was way too good to turn down same as a job that may not make you rich but will cover your family's health care. Good luck !
Health insurance guru

Paragould, AR

#4 Jan 28, 2017
Amanda Weeks wrote:
Everyone must start a health savings account dns manage your own health care. Take a high ddductible plan and put money in HSA each month. The money spent out of hsa is tax deductible and premiums will be lower. Smart companies offer such plans for employees in group plans. Everyone becomes a consumer and uses there insurance only when necessary. As a result, premiums increases are controlled and even lowered.

This does not take away from the fact that many who get their Obamacare on the exchanges and have government subsidies get low deductible plans and then abuse them by over utilization. As a result the health insurance companies raise the working persons rates to cover their losses on the abusers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meals on Wheels turned away from Fairfield Seni... (Jan '18) Jan '18 Littlebulldog 2
News Irondale, Cardiff, Fairfield--OOPS (Jan '18) Jan '18 Littlebulldog 1
Sex Crimes have to stop (Dec '17) Dec '17 Down home 1
New City Hall Money.. Missing? (Jan '17) Jan '17 southerncandy 1
News Alabama band to march at inauguration, igniting... (Jan '17) Jan '17 slick willie expl... 19
News Manhunt underway in Hueytown after clerk shot d... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Dugobi 1
More layoffs at the Steel Mill (Mar '16) Mar '16 Political corruption 1

Fairfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Fairfield Mortgages