Is it a refinance or home equity loan?

Posted in the Fairfax Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
ohvkdz1991

Whittier, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2013
Is it a refinance or home equity loan?I bought a house 6 months ago before I sold my condo. I borrowed the money from my brother for the new home until the condo sold. I have a written contract and have been paying interest. He is starting to get nervous, so I would like to take out a mortgage for the home to pay him back. Would this be a refinance or a home equity loan? Also, when the condo sells, I expect to still have a mortgage of about $40,000. Assuming I take out a new mortgage now on the house, when I pay 3/4ths of the loan amount off in one lump sum, will my monthly payments decrease or will the monthly payment amount stay the same, but the loan be paid off more quickly?
bgwdk1982

Whittier, CA

#2 Nov 23, 2013
ohvkdz1991 wrote:
Is it a refinance or home equity loan?I bought a house 6 months ago before I sold my condo. I borrowed the money from my brother for the new home until the condo sold. I have a written contract and have been paying interest. He is starting to get nervous, so I would like to take out a mortgage for the home to pay him back. Would this be a refinance or a home equity loan? Also, when the condo sells, I expect to still have a mortgage of about $40,000. Assuming I take out a new mortgage now on the house, when I pay 3/4ths of the loan amount off in one lump sum, will my monthly payments decrease or will the monthly payment amount stay the same, but the loan be paid off more quickly?.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free car history report? (Nov '13) Fri Carmi 2
Traffic stops Aug 26 Police speed trap... 1
Teaparty Taliban Meeting and Grab Dance Aug 7 TeapartyTaliban T... 1
annette MARION WANTS TO MARRY ALIEN, AND BE IN ... Aug 4 Sonnyboylethalstein 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Review: ABC Kiddie College (Mar '10) Jul '14 Be Cautious 23
Scan to pdf self-service? (Aug '13) Jul '14 someone else 2
•••
•••
•••

Fairfax Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fairfax People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE