Good Old Boy Network
New to Fairfax

United States

#1 Feb 1, 2010
I am new to Fairfax and I am looking for a County Job. I keep hearing about this "Good Old Boy Network" within the county. I was told that if I wanted to get hired I need to get in this group.

Please tell me about the "Good Old Boy Network" and How I can get in this group.
In The Know

Milford, MI

#2 Feb 6, 2010
Looking into the Good old Boy Network It has came to my attention that this group really is active within Fairfax county. When a job comes open the job is announced and Interviews are set. The problem is the supervisors already know who they are going to hire before the announcement is made but to make it look legal the interviews are held.

What this does is cost a lots of people lots of time and money to do the dirty work for the county to make the outside world to believe they are doing the hiring legal when the Good old Boys knew who they were going to hire and the interviews were just a set-up.

I have found people that were on the interview panels who were told who to recommend before the interviews started.

Fairfax county why are you lieing to the public when it comes to hireing. You are just hurting the people looking to get a job by costing them in time and money when the Good Old Boy Network is controlling who gets the Jobs.

Since: Feb 10

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Feb 9, 2010
In The Know wrote:
Looking into the Good old Boy Network It has came to my attention that this group really is active within Fairfax county. When a job comes open the job is announced and Interviews are set. The problem is the supervisors already know who they are going to hire before the announcement is made but to make it look legal the interviews are held.
What this does is cost a lots of people lots of time and money to do the dirty work for the county to make the outside world to believe they are doing the hiring legal when the Good old Boys knew who they were going to hire and the interviews were just a set-up.
I have found people that were on the interview panels who were told who to recommend before the interviews started.
Fairfax county why are you lieing to the public when it comes to hireing. You are just hurting the people looking to get a job by costing them in time and money when the Good Old Boy Network is controlling who gets the Jobs.
You two boys from MN are hilarious. Come on, write some more funny stuff....
New to Fairfax

Fair Grove, MO

#4 Feb 12, 2010
Snoman you might think this is funny but when you move from MN to VA to get a Job and you find out that the Good Old Boys Already knew who they were going to hire before the job announcement was published you would change your mind.

All my moving cost was out of my pocket. I was told before I came to Fairfax that my resume was the best they had seen. I have completely ran a 36 hole Golf Course for over 20 years. Our course was closed to save the state of MN Money. All the people that worked there were laid Off. I found a Golf Course Supertendant position open in Fairfax VA Now I find out that the position was not really open but it was being advertised to be legal to hire one of the Good Old Boys.

Fairfax is the most unfair places I have ever known.

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Feb 12, 2010
New to Fairfax wrote:
Snoman you might think this is funny but when you move from MN to VA to get a Job and you find out that the Good Old Boys Already knew who they were going to hire before the job announcement was published you would change your mind.
All my moving cost was out of my pocket. I was told before I came to Fairfax that my resume was the best they had seen. I have completely ran a 36 hole Golf Course for over 20 years. Our course was closed to save the state of MN Money. All the people that worked there were laid Off. I found a Golf Course Supertendant position open in Fairfax VA Now I find out that the position was not really open but it was being advertised to be legal to hire one of the Good Old Boys.
Allright, New to Fairfax, my apologies. That does sound pretty shitty, sorry about your plight. Have you gotten a job yet?

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Feb 12, 2010
New to Fairfax wrote:
Looking back at your original posting, I can tell you that this practice is pretty widespread, not only in Fairfax, but Northern Va. as well. The good ol boy network is basically who you know. There really is no way to get in, other than living here for a while and making contacts. Right now with all the budget cuts and freezes on spending, county jobs are hard to come by..
NV native

San Jose, CA

#8 Feb 16, 2010
It is no different than any government job, they are going to hire those who have been brought up within the system, who they have spent time and money training for that job or other promotions. If they didn't give the people already employed within the county priority, what incentive do the current county employees have to stay in the county. You have to put your time in..that's the only way into the Good Old boy network...
New to Fairfax

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2010
On another post I read that The Worst Golf Course in Fairfax is Pinecrest. I wondered why so I went to Pinecrest to see for myself. I must say the poster is correct. I talked to several workers there asking questions.

What I found out was the supertendant is a Drunk and treats the workers like slaves.He drinks on duty and smokes funny weed whild on duty. He thinks the smoking is funny and blows smoke in some of the workers faces.

I also found out that a guy named Peter tells the course supertendants who to hire and fire. The county does not care what the supertendants do to their workers. A worker told me a story about the supertendant was sent to pinecrest because he told people he was goingto kill one of his workers. Instead of taking action against the supertendant this Peter just transferred hin to another course to start over again. I dont know what position Peter holds yet but I do plan on finding out and force the county commissioners to investigate why someone can commit a crime of threating to murder someone and no action was taken.

What I have found out about fairfax will make a book that everyone that lives in fairfax should read.
IN The Kbow

Bristow, VA

#10 Mar 19, 2010
I was at the Fairfax Gov. Center for two Days attending a class that was worthless. While I was there I overheard many conversations between employees of different departments. All the conversations had the same tone of doing something underhanded. Like if that job opening comes open I want you to hire this person. If I could get anything on this person I would fire them so try to find me something that I can use to get rid if this person. It is just a cut throat operation at the Gov. Center.

What this does is hurt the workers when you go looking for something you can use to fire someone where you can open a job up for a friend of yours. With the information I heard it made me a true beliver that Fairfax county is totally ran by the Good Ole Boy Network. God help you if you are not on the inside of their Good Ole Boy Network.

If you are a worker your complete career is in the hands of a few people that are trying to control everything in Fairfax County.

Lets get rid of this Good Ole Boy Network and run Faiefax as a honest workplace.
snoman

Scottsdale, AZ

#11 Mar 19, 2010
[it wll never change,good luck trying, youve got to realize just how big fairfax has gotten, its ALL about who you know. Its also turned so left wing liberal around here it just makes me sick to my stomach. Never would have believed these left wingers would get such a stronghold in any part of Virginia like this. Its sad they just dont know how to live without the government telling them how to live and what to do and give them everything they need. QUOTE who="IN The Kbow"]I was at the Fairfax Gov. Center for two Days attending a class that was worthless. While I was there I overheard many conversations between employees of different departments. All the conversations had the same tone of doing something underhanded. Like if that job opening comes open I want you to hire this person. If I could get anything on this person I would fire them so try to find me something that I can use to get rid if this person. It is just a cut throat operation at the Gov. Center.
What this does is hurt the workers when you go looking for something you can use to fire someone where you can open a job up for a friend of yours. With the information I heard it made me a true beliver that Fairfax county is totally ran by the Good Ole Boy Network. God help you if you are not on the inside of their Good Ole Boy Network.
If you are a worker your complete career is in the hands of a few people that are trying to control everything in Fairfax County.
Lets get rid of this Good Ole Boy Network and run Faiefax as a honest workplace.
[it will never change, good luck trying, youve got to realize just how big fairfax has gotten, its all about who you know. its also turned so left wing liberal around here it makes me sick to my stomach! never would of believed these types of left wingers would get a stronghold in any part of virginia. its sad, they just dont know how to live unless the government tells them how to and gives them everything. Back to the mountains for me, QUOTE]
snoman

Scottsdale, AZ

#12 Mar 19, 2010
It will never change, good luck with that. You've got to realize just how big and liberal Fairfax has gotten. Its ALL about who you know, and its so left wing liberal around here it just makes me sick to my stomach! Never would have believed these types of of left wingers would get such a stronghold in any part of Virginia like this! Its sad, they just dont know how to live without the government telling them how to live, GIVE them what they need, etc..... Its pathetic, liberal dem's have and continue to ruin this country.
IN The Know

Bristow, VA

#13 Mar 25, 2010
The Supertendant at the Golf Courses think they are GOD. I hear them screamong at their workers all the time. When are the county Bosses going to enforce the rules that govern workers not being treated like anamals.
snoman

Tempe, AZ

#14 Mar 26, 2010
sounds like those workers need to grow a pair and stop acting like babies
Golf Course WOrker

Washington, DC

#15 Apr 25, 2010
Snowman It sounds like you dont know what we have to put up with when working on the County Golf Courses. We have to fight everyday to just keep our jobs. We have to put up with being treated like Dogs. We have to Kiss the supertendants ass. Just last fridsy my supervisor made a pass at me and I was told I would do what he wanted if I wanted my job. Now you make up your mind are you going to give the supervisor a BJ orgo home and try to feed you kid without a paycheck. I have seen othere that tried to make a complaint to EEOC and other county offices to just end up without a Job. The county of Fairfax is not going to take an employee side because that would mean the supertendant at the Golf Course did some thing wrong that might cost the county some money. and Yes I gave the supervisor a BJ. Now I will have a Job on Mo0nday.
IN The Know

Manassas, VA

#16 May 4, 2010
Golf Course Worker I know you are right however no one is going to do anything bout it. If you are a woman working at a golf course all you are is a Whore as far as the county supervisors are concerned. THis is a good old Boys network in Fairfax county. You Suck the boss off everyday if you want to have a job next week, That is the way it has been for years and even if the higher bosses know the details they want do anything about it because they want a suck also. THe only way this will ever stop is for the federal Government to come is anf take over and replace the current bosses with new supervisors from the outside.
Lawyer

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2011
Is this for real? If so, I can do something about it. There will be no repercussions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pohik library steals passwords Jun '18 lightzz 1
Buses Stay Out DC Jun '18 Buses Stay Out DC 1
Buses Stay Out DC Jun '18 Buses Stay Out DC 1
charles manson and annette marion w/military al... (Jun '17) Feb '18 Poopydoo 3
nra Feb '18 Mandingo indian 2
News School system's appeals process leaves some min... Feb '18 Porch Honkey 1
News Local undocumented immigrants sue over DACA ter... (Dec '17) Jan '18 sesostrus 43

Fairfax Jobs

Personal Finance

Fairfax Mortgages