Morgan Harrington's Parents Mark 2 Ye...

Morgan Harrington's Parents Mark 2 Years Since Remains Found - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

There are 86 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 26, 2012, titled Morgan Harrington's Parents Mark 2 Years Since Remains Found - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Thursday the parents of a murdered Virginia Tech student marked the second anniversary when their daughter's remains were discovered at the last place she was seen alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wise One

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 26, 2012
This is hard to say but get on with your life because you will not find out how done it because they might be and have been looking for the wrong person or persons. We have one in jail right now who KILLED the girl and they are going to get him off free by his lawers and the girl's mother or father has not once made a satement like who cares. This is hard to say but you got to look at the facts and face the truth and if you don't like it then so be it because nothing has got any closer to find the killer or killers. I think she knew the person in the car that's why she got in so maybe they should be looking at that point.
ducksinarow

Crozet, VA

#2 Jan 26, 2012
Hard to believe it has been 2 years. I do wish this family continued healing and peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 26, 2012
As long as the "next girl" doesn't get blind drunk at a concert and accept a ride from the wrong person she won't need to be saved.

The bottom line here is that none of us needs to tempt fate through carelessness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RNR

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 26, 2012
this news may be getting old to alot of people around here but I know as a parent, I would be doing the same thing. Everybody deals with situations differently, just bc you don't agree doesn't make what they're doing wrong. Stop bashing the Harrington's, the lost their daughter, doesn't matter if she was or wasn't drunk/high, whatever, doesn't matter. Some sicko out there killed her and he/she needs to be found and punished! RIP Morgan

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
someone

Leesburg, VA

#6 Jan 26, 2012
The poem is heartbreaking- I hope that justice is done- and soon.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Parent of 2

Macomb, MI

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Not many of us truly know the pain and anguish the Harringtons have gone through and continue to go through each day. My heart goes out to them. I shudder at the thought that someone would blame Morgan for her death. I hope Morgan found peace in the end and I hope the Harringtons find peace as well. May justice be served soon.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Tenth Chances

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 26, 2012
RNR wrote:
this news may be getting old to alot of people around here but I know as a parent, I would be doing the same thing. Everybody deals with situations differently, just bc you don't agree doesn't make what they're doing wrong. Stop bashing the Harrington's, the lost their daughter, doesn't matter if she was or wasn't drunk/high, whatever, doesn't matter. Some sicko out there killed her and he/she needs to be found and punished! RIP Morgan
People who put themselves in harm's way through incapacitation sometimes suffer tragedy. That is called being realistic.

The fruitcakes LOOK for the careless or helpless and THAT is what needs to be remembered if indeed the goal is to reduce crime.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#10 Jan 26, 2012
I was going to correct the faulty sentence structure in the news report, but then I read the heartbreaking poem, imagined it was my child, and bad grammar seemed so petty.

R.I.P., Morgan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 26, 2012
County Resident wrote:
I was going to correct the faulty sentence structure in the news report, but then I read the heartbreaking poem, imagined it was my child, and bad grammar seemed so petty.
R.I.P., Morgan.
My thoughts EXACTLY. I was fully prepared to comment about the grammar, but the poem took my breath away.

For all of you saying she "deserved" to be murdered because she was drunk, let one of your family members get drunk and murdered and we'll see if you're singing the same song.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Parent of 2 wrote:
Not many of us truly know the pain and anguish the Harringtons have gone through and continue to go through each day. My heart goes out to them. I shudder at the thought that someone would blame Morgan for her death. I hope Morgan found peace in the end and I hope the Harringtons find peace as well. May justice be served soon.
As horrible as it may seem, how can one NOT blame Morgan - at least partly - for her death? She was an adult - she clearly made some very, very bad decisions that fateful night.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jan 26, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts EXACTLY. I was fully prepared to comment about the grammar, but the poem took my breath away.
For all of you saying she "deserved" to be murdered because she was drunk, let one of your family members get drunk and murdered and we'll see if you're singing the same song.
Have you actually read a post where someone said that she "deserved" to die? I haven't. And how do you know that she was murdered?
yep

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 26, 2012
This was really sad, but how many times will they report this? There are murders everyday, but none of witch get nearly the press coverage like this story.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Larry

Lovingston, VA

#15 Jan 26, 2012
yep wrote:
This was really sad, but how many times will they report this? There are murders everyday, but none of witch get nearly the press coverage like this story.
2 words. Attention Wh*res

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jan 26, 2012
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
As horrible as it may seem, how can one NOT blame Morgan - at least partly - for her death? She was an adult - she clearly made some very, very bad decisions that fateful night.
Would this have happened if she stayed with her friends?

Would this have happened if she had been sober, cognizant and able to put up resistance to an attacker?

Would the lunatic have tried to lure her to the car if she appeared to be alert and aware of the things around here?

A lot of people in this town saw her that night and filed reports with the police. She made some tragic mistakes and too many people don't like to acknowledge the truth. Well, until the truth does get accepted these types of crimes will continue. Simple as that. Harsh reality is the best instructor if one wants to save people in the future and too often sugar coating Charlottesville wants to say that no one is responsible for their actions. Well too bad---the truth needs to be told.
Peckerhead

Lovingston, VA

#17 Jan 26, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this have happened if she had been sober, cognizant and able to put up resistance to an attacker?
Would the lunatic have tried to lure her to the car if she appeared to be alert and aware of the things around here?
A lot of people in this town saw her that night and filed reports with the police. She made some tragic mistakes and too many people don't like to acknowledge the truth. Well, until the truth does get accepted these types of crimes will continue. Simple as that. Harsh reality is the best instructor if one wants to save people in the future and too often sugar coating Charlottesville wants to say that no one is responsible for their actions. Well too bad---the truth needs to be told.
Two things:#1 This little girl new the rules when she left the building, sober or not(no return)+#2 If she had'a been armed with a large cal. weapon, she would have probably been standing over the sorry SOB that took her away.Com ments welcome...
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jan 26, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>

Almost certainly not.

Almost certainly not - if there was in fact an attacker.

Would the lunatic have tried to lure her to the car if she
appeared to be alert and aware of the things around here?

(a) Which lunatic? Do you know something I don't know?
(b) Where did you read that she was "lured to a car" in the first place?

But notwithstanding your logic flaws there, the chances of an alert, aware individual being "lured to a car by a lunatic" are undoubtedly much less that the chances of an intoxicated, stoned, UNaware individual being "lured to a car by a lunatic."
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jan 27, 2012
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost certainly not.
Almost certainly not - if there was in fact an attacker.
Would the lunatic have tried to lure her to the car if she
appeared to be alert and aware of the things around here?
(a) Which lunatic? Do you know something I don't know?
(b) Where did you read that she was "lured to a car" in the first place?
But notwithstanding your logic flaws there, the chances of an alert, aware individual being "lured to a car by a lunatic" are undoubtedly much less that the chances of an intoxicated, stoned, UNaware individual being "lured to a car by a lunatic."
Well, I would say there was an attacker at the crime scene or before, that seems fair.
Looks like she got in a car and got killed afterwards, so yeah, I would say a lunatic (my term) was present. So yes, she got in a car which implies someone offered a ride, unless of course she walked to the crime scene, which I consider most doubtful.

Up the reward, give police informants across the nation a chance to do their thing and along with the crime scene analysis the guy will probably be caught eventually.

The "rah rah cheerleader" methodology might possibly be serving as a reminder to someone who may have learned about the crime after it's occurrence that they are also culpable since they know something and haven't come forward. Silence here is not golden and makes one "an accessory after the fact". Not an incentive to come forward.

If a family member hears dad, mom, brother or sister make a horrible revelation in their sleep will they turn them in to police? What if the spouse shared children with the looney (killer)? Up the ante so the person can disappear with the kids after they go to the police.

Turn the volume down and let authorities quietly spread the work that there is a reward out for a certain case. Lots of people in prison will share an overheard remark for an early release and money to disappear and start over with. I would bet the police and prison authorities are already working this angle.

The Wood Grill murder went unsolved until a person threatened fellow inmates and betrayed himself. That is the type of thing needed here.

The public displays in the media may well be reminding someone to remain silent by scaring them in a way we don't know about. Waving pom poms, so to speak, for two years hasn't worked. Time for something else?

DNA is not a silver bullet for crime and is responsible for a small percentage of convictions. When it happens it's big news and the media is all over it but that only serves to mislead the public. Most crimes are solved when someone goes to the police with information. Works great, gets most of the convictions (along with meticulous crime scene investigation) even if DNA is not present.

“Keeping life realistic”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#22 Jan 27, 2012
So the MH tribe got enough money up to pay 29 for another media blast. I notice none of the other outlets have bothered with the showboating like is shown here.
There is no need to rehash every 2 months what people think/hope/wish had happened, just go by the facts that are presented vs the sensational stories of rape, torture and murder in our little sleepy C'ville that so many of you wish to believe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

United States

#24 Jan 27, 2012
Wise One wrote:
This is hard to say but get on with your life because you will not find out how done it because they might be and have been looking for the wrong person or persons. We have one in jail right now who KILLED the girl and they are going to get him off free by his lawers and the girl's mother or father has not once made a satement like who cares. This is hard to say but you got to look at the facts and face the truth and if you don't like it then so be it because nothing has got any closer to find the killer or killers. I think she knew the person in the car that's why she got in so maybe they should be looking at that point.
"Hard to say, but get on with your life?" and just how many children have YOU had murdered? It's easy to say, if it HASN'T happened to you or yours. If you haven't walked a mile in these parents shoes, your so called wise words are just ridiculous statements. You and every other ignorant soul who thinks they'd know how to handle a horrific situation like this. Spare us.
alabamamom

Dothan, AL

#26 Jan 27, 2012
Laura French , Welcome back WVIR is fortunate to have you as a member of their team. Excellent report on Morgan's story & this 2 year mark. Dan & Gil are steadfast in their efforts & yesterday seems to have given all a new sense of renewed hop within this investigation .
Blessings from Alabama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vienna Music Forum (Nov '12) 6 hr George 17
Good hair salon Jul 12 Searching 1
Tim Kaine = NWO CRIMINAL Jul 12 nah 3
face sitting, smothering, humiliation, lovers...! (Jun '11) Jul 8 Anonymous 11
Fairfax Music Thread (Dec '13) Jun '16 Musikologist 9
Chantilly Music Thread May '16 Musikologist 1
Review: Betty's Azalea Ranch (Oct '08) May '16 Mary 21

Fairfax Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance