|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

It's a legit address, and a legit address: using the legit link from the LELDF:

http://www.policedefense.org/contact.html
(notice the address at the bottom, which is a different city but Merrifield and Arlington are virtually the same destination.

However, if this agency uses the majority of their funds to procure more funds as one post said, makes me more weary.
Tony Rock

Roswell, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Please give all that you can! Lawlor is a good man!!!
Otion Creative

Stephens City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Check out www.otioncreative.com for all your web/graphic design needs!
Otion Creative

Stephens City, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Need a website? or update your current one? visit www.otioncreative.com and request an appointment for a free quote!
J P White

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

I am too am interested in helping the Lawlor family, however, during our prosecution this past year (we were involved in an off duty shooting in the San Diego area) I contacted the same non profit org, and spoke with Mr. D. Martin. After, seeing what hoops we had to jump through, him speaking with our POA attorney, and me researching their cause, I found that it was not as giving as most non-profit organizations and not really willing to get involved. Hmmm, makes you think, what the heck they are really doing???

I would really like to support the Lawlor's! Please give me any updated info you have for them, beside the mailer that is going out (people have sent me tons of those and I got one too!) I can be reached at www.thedarksideofjustice.com Let's really fight a good fight for these brave men, women, and their families that put their lives on the line for us each and every day!
Matt

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

I got one too, but why are you all so upset that you got one piece of junk mail?
Unknown

Flint, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

all you have to do to get on the list is donate to any foundation
toys for tots, easter seals etc. They sell your name address for additional funds. That is how any one gets on the list.
Robin

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

Holy cow Batman, looks like they bought a list of names from AARP !!
Richard

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

None of would want to be in Robert Lawlors shoes!
If you feel for he and his family,just cut a check and mail it to the Atty. Michael Georgetti who is listed in the Hartford Tel.book. Simple as that.
And remember Mr.Lawlor in your prayers tonight.
J McCarty

Warsaw, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Having served 38 years in L.E., it's my opinion this is a scam. The letter is too much one sided. Too many other facts are not mentioned. The letter does not mention that most all L.E. Agencies have written policies & procedures that L.E. Officers are not to fire their weapons into moving vehicles at fleeing suspects. L.E. training is specific to this safety and liability issue.
Unknown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2010

I have an elderly relative in Philadelphia who also received this letter with a photograph of the family. This relative believes everything they receive in the mail, apparently how he got on the mailing list. He gives to everything coming and going. I see from this list this has been going on since 2008, how can we stop this?
jamwoo

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Unknown wrote:
I have an elderly relative in Philadelphia who also received this letter with a photograph of the family. This relative believes everything they receive in the mail, apparently how he got on the mailing list. He gives to everything coming and going. I see from this list this has been going on since 2008, how can we stop this?
Heres the real scoop:
http://www.hartfordinfo.org/issues/documents/...
Mrs Janet Dover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

I donated to a Texas State Trooper one time and my husband was very angry. He reported out of $25.00 only $3.00 went to the organization. This is how our names appear on the list.

Glad to have the webstite to get the real truth
Ralph Merwin

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Within 2 days I received similar requests for donations for military men in the slammer.

With due respect for all in the military, I find it impossible to believe either story, since each begins with these exact words:

"I wish I could sit down with you face to face...."

This suggests that one or both are scams, preying on the conscience of gullible Americans. Wish I knew for sure.

(Names were Behenna and Lawlor.)
Louis

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

comments are from 2008 - 2009.

LELDF still using this family?

Barbara

Laguna Woods, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

I would very much like to no if this is a scam.
Barbara

Laguna Woods, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Trying to find out the truth about this. Is this a scam?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

i got a letter from this place to with a letter from rachel plymale asking for money to help defend her husband sean.
then i did a search for the organization then googled stephane lawlor from law enforcent legal defense fund. the article i read said 81 cents of every dollar goes for over head ie high salaries for meese and these of the bunch. 42000 a year to rent office space and hire one clerk
i do care about these officers but it seems clear th wives are being used to appeal to our sense of helping out police officers and its a scam. to bad maybe i ll google sean plymale and sent him a check
this about like the 2 border patrol who bush let out before he left office. theyd done had heck beat out of one of them at least once and stuck in solitary for their protection and very little
contact allowed from family. the good part is that one of the officers supporters helped one of the get a decent paying job
Patty

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I just checked the website for LELDF and they DO mention PO Robert Lawlor and his story. They are supporting him.
Spending 75% of donations on fund raising does not make any sense - I think you are wrong.
P carlson wrote:
I checked out the Defense Fund's website and there is no mention of the Lawler case. I also checked into the news accounts of the shooting by Robert Lawyer, and the news accounts and Lawyer's partner's account differs from what is in the letter. Also, I found the Defense Fund spends over 75% of donations on fund reaising, not a good thing. I am not contributing.
Patty

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I just checked out the LELDF website and they DO mention P.O. Robert Lawlor and his story. They are supporting him.

Your comments regarding them spending 75% of donations on fund raising makes no sense at all - I think you are wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairfax Discussions

Search the Fairfax Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Scan to pdf self-service? (Aug '13) Jul 20 someone else 2
annette MARION WANTS TO MARRY ALIEN, AND BE IN ... Jul 17 PSYCTODAY 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Review: ABC Kiddie College (Mar '10) Jul 15 Aisha 22
Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials Cause He... Jul 11 Ho Lee Chyt 5
I-Team Investigates: Was last year's deadly off... Jul 11 ClintJCL 1
Vienna Music Forum (Nov '12) Jun 30 Musikologist 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fairfax Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••