Millionaire Businessman Jailed In Dru...

Millionaire Businessman Jailed In Drug, Gambling Investigation ...

There are 124 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Millionaire Businessman Jailed In Drug, Gambling Investigation .... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

A millionaire businessman from Fairfax County is in jail and at the center of a federal investigation into drugs and gambling, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
family aquaintance

United States

#1 Jun 3, 2008
this is stupid. dwight makes millions a year from his businesses so what is so strange about him haveng $229,ooo locked away at home? he bets on everything from horse racing to football games with friends and colleagues. doesnt everybody? its very ususal for him to come home sucessful from a trip to atlantic city or wherever he gambles. he loses sometimes too. thats all part of the game. i want to know what hard evidence they found after searching all his properties and business. nothing. some money and hopes of finding something next time? hes no drug dealer hes a regular guy. and you guys are screwed up for putting his business out there as if he is a criminal when were all innocent until proven guilty in the court of law right? when this clears up you still ruined someones reputation for a "story" that has no factual basis
get real

Fairfax, VA

#2 Jun 3, 2008
why don't they go out and catch some real criminals instead of putting this dude in jail on a bunch of trumped up charges? he isn't doing anything that our congressmen aren't doing! what a crock of $%#t...
Ticked Off

Lorton, VA

#3 Jun 3, 2008
I can't believe this newscaster. He totally threw dirt on this poor guy's name and business. And what ticked me off the most is he emphasized so much on the dudes name and business puttin all that out there. There are thousands of people that gamble professionally for a living, bringing home 20-50 grand a week. I mean look at all these guys playin in the world series of poker. 229,000 is chump change. And by the way, I left my wife when I found out she was a junkie. and when karma finally caught up to her and she got caught, guess what she tried to pull the same crap as this poor guy's wife.

I think NBC4 should apologize to this guy's family.
Joao Pessoa

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Jun 3, 2008
"According to court documents, Day's ex-wife is unemployed but gets $12,000 per month from Day. In March, she was stopped for a traffic violation and told police she had just purchased an ounce of cocaine from Day, police said."

She gets $144,000 a year in spousal support whilst being unemployed? What a useless broad (excuse my language). He should have known that his ex-wife would be his downfall.
Family friend

Gainesville, VA

#5 Jun 3, 2008
Wow. I sure hope dwight can get past all this stuff and what sounds like just a bunch of "whatever can we get on him charges" they should give his cash back cause i have heard on many occasions him winning alot more than that in vegas and ac. He has always been very hord working from what ive seen. And im close enough to know. Good luck dwight
blackspeak

Falls Church, VA

#6 Jun 4, 2008
Sound like a bunch of nuevo riche hillbillies...
friend

Springfield, VA

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Joao Pessoa wrote:
"According to court documents, Day's ex-wife is unemployed but gets $12,000 per month from Day. In March, she was stopped for a traffic violation and told police she had just purchased an ounce of cocaine from Day, police said."
She gets $144,000 a year in spousal support whilst being unemployed? What a useless broad (excuse my language). He should have known that his ex-wife would be his downfall.
That goes to show when YOU don't who or what you're talking about concerning this family that you would make a IGNORANT comment like that about this woman, a mother of children - none of your business, how many children there are who have to be taken care of. SO, it's easy for people like YOU to pass judgment on a person you personally know nothing about. Perhaps YOU LIVE In a glass house, so YOU can throw stones.
Penny

Madison, WI

#9 Jun 4, 2008
These kinds of charges are popping all over. This is the new police state mindset. No one is immune from anything they want to sling at you. Destroying peoples lives is the new mantra. I am surprised that there wasn't a weapons charge here too. They probably expected to find some but came up empty. Was the ex-wife a paid informant? That should be expected too. Start doing some internet surfing on people being charged seemingly at random. You will be surprised at what they are calling a crackdown on crime. The real criminals are having a field day while regular joes are being arrested left and right.
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Rightly or wrongly, nobody is above the law, well except Bush, Cheney, and the runamok types who murder people while questioning them in terrorist cases. Even the extremely wealthy such as Martha Stewart can end up in prison for hackeyed laws like lying to government agents. When the laws need changing such as making it a crime for government agents or politicians to lie to the people then perhaps some of the entrapment laws would go away. Extreme sentences are another factor in the tyrant state. Seems I remember not more than thirty years ago a young man received a twenty year jail term for having some pot. In the case of the man accussed of gambling and drug charges, he will get his day in court. But as every government official knows, the damage to a person's business, income, defense costs and other factors really are punishments outside the law. A hack prosecutor can easily make life hell for the innocent as well as the guilty.
Terrible

Alexandria, VA

#11 Jun 4, 2008
Can't really see this guy making 2 million a year and selling drugs... Doesn't make since.
Rosemary Rhew

Quantico, VA

#12 Jun 4, 2008
I worked with and was a good friend of Dwight Day's delightful mom, Pat Day, who died of lung cancer in 1998. His dad, Dwight, Sr. is also gone, a couple of years ago. I am so sorry to hear this about Dwight, Jr. I recall him and his brother Tommy as great kids and as promising young adults. Pat lived for her sons. If you can deliver a message to Dwight, Jr., please let him know his mom's many friends are praying for him and his family. I think he has four children. Did not know he is divorced from their mother, "Joyce," I think her name is. I knew he had the gambling sickness pretty bad, but did not dream it would lead to anything like what is going on now. Both his parents were hard working straight shooters. They must be turning over in their graves.
things to make you go hmm

Montgomery Village, MD

#13 Jun 4, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
I agree with all of you, get a lawyer and sue everyone involved. Heck I'm in law enforcement and I smell a rat with this one. Somebody's trumpin this one or relying on a disgruntled female. LOL. Dwight, I hate to say this because of my work but, I hope you sue the pants off everybody envolved and win BIG. Good luck sir and I appologize for my fellow officers.
I agree. This story has a lot of holes in it. What happened to the wife? Was she charged? Did she get a pass on the cocaine possession? Who is making deals with whom?
TBA

Lorton, VA

#14 Jun 4, 2008
I think there are some ILLEGAL wire TAPING.
Time to WAKE UP

United States

#15 Jun 4, 2008
Anyone who really knows him, like some of you say you do, knows he has a problem with coke and gambling. He lives fast and he lives hard. And now maybe he will get the help he really needs.
Friend of over 20 years

Harwood, MD

#16 Jun 4, 2008
I've known Dwight nearly half of my life. That man has always been very kind and supportive of me as a friend. I think that this whole thing stinks to high heaven too. He's always been kind and giving and takes VERY good care of his kids. My guess is that the Feds are looking for someone much bigger and are using him as a pawn.

Oh and by the way, he worked his way up to his current status. I remember him when he had a much more humble lifestyle and he was still always willing to help anyone. God Bless you Dwight. I'm behind you in any way that I can be. I know the real you and this monster that they have portrayed is not you.

On another note: Why drag his business into this? What does it and the 100 employees have to do with anything? This errant witch hunt has probably scarred a 20+ year old reputable business forever. Let's hope that the people who work there aren't affected by this. Sadly, I don't think it's going to be that simple.
You are fooling yourself

Shrewsbury, MA

#17 Jun 4, 2008
Most of you are kidding yourselves.....Dwight is as Dr.Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde as they come. Half are you are right, committed businessman and a father. However, if you really know him and his devious nature, this is rightfully deserved. He is a shameless and ruthless person that has fooled many and potentially dangered some of our lives with his corrupt behavior. It is unfortunate about the business reputation and the employees who do not make 2 mil a year that will be the ones most likely affected. No one is above the law and like many his money will surely get him a "priviledged" sentencing.
You are fooling yourself

Shrewsbury, MA

#18 Jun 4, 2008
You are a disgrace to your fellow officers......
Unbelievable wrote:
I agree with all of you, get a lawyer and sue everyone involved. Heck I'm in law enforcement and I smell a rat with this one. Somebody's trumpin this one or relying on a disgruntled female. LOL. Dwight, I hate to say this because of my work but, I hope you sue the pants off everybody envolved and win BIG. Good luck sir and I appologize for my fellow officers.
NBC is Pathetic

Lorton, VA

#19 Jun 4, 2008
Pat Colins - you should be ashamed of yourself!! Are you really that desparate for news that you have stooped to reporting half truths and sensationalized media that rivals the Enquirer?

Dwight Day has five, young, innocent and really good children. How do you think they felt seeing their father's picture posted on the TV, hearing awful things about their mother, and having you stalk their home and father's business? I hope you can sleep well at night knowing that you not only hurt little ones but you jeopardized the livlihood of the 100 plus employess who are also innocent and just trying to make a living.

Further, before you broadcast - make sure you have your facts straight and make sure you have all the facts. The $12,000 that Mrs. Day recieves are court appointed funds for child support for their five children and alimony.

NBC should be fined for giving you the platform to air such a horrible and hurtful piece.
Story is Trash

Washington, DC

#20 Jun 4, 2008
Pat Collins must be desperate to find something to report...he took bits and pieces of what he could find and tried to put a story together without ANY consideration to the family, the employees of KMN and most important- Mr. Days 5 children. Since when does NBC stoop so low to report hurtful allegations, Mr. Day has have not been convicted of ANYTHING his X-wife has not been convicted of ANYTHING. I was shocked that he discussed employment status and the $12,000 court appointed funds for child support that the mother receives?- what relavance did it have to the story? this goes to show that Pat Collins was looking for anything he could find to TRY to put together a story, do not believe everything you hear- especially from NBC news
sigh

Gainesville, VA

#21 Jun 4, 2008
I think if the truth were to come out, dwight had a personal drug and gambeling problem. Not a drug dealer Not a bet taking guru. He made his money the hard way he earned it. It is a shame that it is made out to be more than that just to give some agent a boost up the chain. Dwight worked very hard for the status he had. His wife joyce did as well. And im sure the agents do sacrafice as well. Now i guess they get whatever drugs were taken so they can be missused or scandelised by someone in goverment. I hope when they do go before a jury of there peers. The jury is start enough to see the truth they need treatment not prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FairfaxUnderground (Sep '12) 18 hr Gerrymanderer2 53
News Trump should fire McMaster over NSC leaks Aug 3 Bianca23 1
Lorton Music Thread (Aug '15) Jun '17 Musikologist 3
Anna Basutro (sp)? Jun '17 LoraC 1
charles manson and annette marion w/military al... Jun '17 Ted Bundy 2
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1
News Northam and Perriello hold their fire in first ... Apr '17 tomin cali 1

Fairfax Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance