Jury finds Gaines guilty

Jury finds Gaines guilty

There are 27 comments on the St. Joseph News-Press, St. Joseph, MO story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Jury finds Gaines guilty. In it, St. Joseph News-Press, St. Joseph, MO reports that:

Home << Local << Jury finds Gaines guilty ROCK PORT, Mo. a ' After deliberating nearly nine hours, an Atchison County jury on Thursday night convicted Joseph R. Gaines III, 60, of two felony counts of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Joseph News-Press, St. Joseph, MO.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rls ballue

Lincoln, NE

#1 Mar 16, 2009
known this family for years and I wouldnt hold what these people have said about joseph gaines as TRUE. Trouble makers since they were born. LOVE drama and playing with peoples minds.one way to get even with her father for loving her huh. Got to feel sorry for this bunch. Will NEVER believe what the jury OR this family has said.He is a good man
So Sick

Tarkio, MO

#2 Apr 10, 2009
U are such a pitiful person, it blows my mind that YOU can sit here and tell people how Angelic a PERVERT is! This man was CONVICTED by 12 men and women of the community and they had absolutely NO reason to side with either party EXCEPT for the FACTS presented to them by the court. I wish you had a chance to leave YOUR little girls in his care, but I bet you WOULDN'T. No one wants a child to be molested or raped, especially by someone they looked up to and called papa, according to the St.Joe News Press. It makes me wanna throw up to think that YOU would dare praise this trash even AFTER his conviction. I hope you have no children, living in Lincoln is pretty dangerous and if you refuse to believe a child molester is a pervert who belongs in JAIL then your child will probably be molested as well, all the while you exclaim how wonderful the freak is and proclaim your own child a liar and a trouble maker. You need some therapy or medication or something to get in touch with the REAL world. I pity you.
REally

Columbus, NE

#3 Apr 15, 2009
So Sick, I feel sorry for you. I have left my children in his care many times and never once felt scared. Open you mind and see the things for what they are worth and who made the accusations. Don't judge by what someone says and the facts that were presented, there were none. Do you even know this person???? You are the one that needs therapy and to get in touch with the real world.
So Sick

Tarkio, MO

#4 Apr 15, 2009
I KNOW that a JURY of men and women found him GUILTY, therefore there HAD to be EVIDENCE. People are not found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt if there is NO evidence. And since you left your children in his care, maybe you need to re-examine your poor choices for child care before your own children end up as victims. You are not too smart to continue to proclaim him as innocent even after his conviction, he is NOW and forever WILL be labeled a PEDOPHILE which is a pervert. Too bad he only got life. And as for being in touch with the "real" world, you obviously need to look in the mirror before you spew your stupidity for all to read. Seriously to get on here and admit that you would leave your precious children with a pedophile is just plain sick, and shows the extreme urgency needed in you seeking therapy. I hope your children never fall prey to your ignorance, but since the apple never falls far from the tree, I am sure there is little hope in that.
REally

Columbus, NE

#5 Apr 16, 2009
You are the one that is ignorant. People have been found guilty with out evidence, don't you watch the news? My chilren are grown now and upstanding citizens of their community. We have know this family for years and they have always been kind and helping out in their community. If you don't know all the facts then don't assume you do.
So Sick

Tarkio, MO

#6 Apr 16, 2009
I do not assume that I do, but were YOU THERE? No. People change and get senile for reasons unknown, so you must agree that this might possibly have happened in this case, especially since you were not there. You have spent a lot of time hailing him as a "good guy" and placing blame on the children and their mother, which I find absolutely ridiculous of you. You can not possibly think that these 3 people could have enough pull to get him convicted of molestation in a court of law when he was so "all mighty" in the community. He had every chance to rape this child, and he took them ALL. He was a police officer, a position of trust AND a minister, another position of trust and he abused that trust by molesting this child. He was also in a position of trust because the children called him papa...so this is 3 times sickening. He needed to go to jail at the very least, if not worse. I will never back down on my absolute disgust of him, so any and all replies to tell me how "good" he is and how "nice" he is will fall on deaf ears, this case has been tried and he has been found Guilty, and he will remain guilty forever in the court of law and in MANY peoples eyes. You are entitled to your opinion of him and I respect that, but dont shove it down anyones throat on here because as I already said, HE WAS FOUND GUILTY. Here is a link to follow to search your area for convicted pedophiles and sex offenders.
http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp...
ya just dont even know

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2009
what if I told you that this "mother" has ALWAYS caused problems and has even glotted about the fact that she has destroyed this family, something that she has want her entire life. This man that was found "guilty" has 2 other grandchildren the very same age and they have NEVER even once felt uncomfortable around their grandfather. hum hum hum interesting!!!!!! you do not known this man at all he and his wife took in MANY foster children do you seriously think that they would have had over 30 foster children if this was the character of this man????? come on be for realy you are just going on what you think to be true not the FACTS there was NO evidence at all that this man was guilty!!!!!!
REally

Columbus, NE

#8 Apr 16, 2009
If you don't know her then how can you ask that? I know what she is and what she thinks she is capable of. She is hateful and spiteful, she will do anything to ruin him and his families name. I am not shoving anything down anyones throat, like you said, we all have our own opinions!!!!!You just don't know all the facts is all.
So Sick

Tarkio, MO

#9 Apr 17, 2009
I dont give one tinkers damn about the mother, I could care less if she is as crazy as a bed bug of as evil as Satan himself, all I care about is the fact that YOU BOTH are defaming the little girls, you are insisting that this did not happen and that they are liars. He was found guilty by 12 of his peers! They didnt just sit in court and look at the man for Heavens sake, they HEARD and SAW evidence presented to them by Dan Smith and they took ALL FACTS into consideration and formed an overwhelming consensus that he was guilty, and Judge Prokes was overseeing the entire process, I find it hard to believe that he would allow anyone to be found guilty of anything without probable cause, and that alone is enough for me. I don't care if he fostered 1000 kids, all it takes is molesting 1!
ya just dont even know

United States

#10 Apr 17, 2009
Their was no evidence to see or hear.If you were at the trial then you would know this . It is sad what this mother has done to these kids and to the this family! I do feel sorry for these kids ALL of them!!
umm here it is

Rock Port, MO

#11 Apr 18, 2009
if you have ever met this guy you would know he had a screw loose. did he do anything to those kids? i have no idea, i wasn't there. but i have met him and he is a wierd o, goofy make your skin crawl kinda guy.
someone

Las Vegas, NV

#12 May 28, 2009
Yes this does happen and it happened in CA with the people who had the daycare and yes they where found guilty by a jury and the truth came out the children where told to lie. This man did not do this and his attorney should have gotten his trial in a different town. The sad thing about this is the children can be forced to lie either by the parents and yes the police. The people in CA did go to jail for many years before the truth came out and the children did lie. This is very sad for this has happen with 2 men in Tarkio and looks like people want to get even with someone. This is not right and yes I would say that this women does have mental problem. Tarkio Mo is a nice town and I would say that some of the adults in that area need to stop the drama. I hope that this man get a new trial for people in that area already made up their minds on this.
For Real

Tarkio, MO

#13 May 29, 2009
Crying about it now wont help a damn bit, YOU are the one renewing the drama, NO ONE had posted about this since APRIL! This is the end of May, talk about stopping the drama! Look in the mirror idiot! IF he is guilty then justice was served, IF he isn't then it's a little late to fix and quite possibly his appeal will exonerate him, but that is highly unlikely. You need to find a new hobby, this holier than thou attitude you have while renewing and reopening old wounds is not very smart since it makes you look like the gas to the flame. I suggest knitting, then you can peacefully do it while minding your own business and leaving others who are terribly hurt, alone!
someone

Las Vegas, NV

#14 May 31, 2009
look people have been accused and yes they did not do it beside looks like you need a job or something men don't knit either. Get a life
For Real

Tarkio, MO

#15 Jun 1, 2009
I need a job? lmao! You posted to a blog that had been DEAD for a MONTH..either to renew the pain of ALL involved or to show your stupidity and need to throw your 2 cents in WAY after it was over with, and either way YOU must have too much free time on your hands if you have to go around looking for something to hurt people with. No matter WHO it is SOMEONE is innocent and is being hurt by YOU and your repeated attempts to look far more intelligent and superior than the trailer trash you really are. Go back to the strip and work your corner, you have bills to pay. And what makes u so sexist to say men don't knit? That only makes u look even more stupid than you originally appeared. Now get out to that corner and leave these poor people alone! Nothing you say now will change a damn thing, and will only cause continued pain, so ZIP IT!
someone

Las Vegas, NV

#16 Jun 1, 2009
Most Men don't knit and I'm not about to start and strip you have no clue where I'm at get a life and yes people have been accused and found not guilty looks like you have way to much time on your hands and calling people names look in the mirror. GET A LIFE. Looks like you get into it with everyone and I can say what I want.
For Real

Tarkio, MO

#17 Jun 1, 2009
Yes you can say what you want, even at the expense of others..which shows that you care deeply for others and are not at all self centered nor self serving and egotistical..oh wait! NO it shows the opposite in fact. And as for knowing where you are its says under your name Las Vegas, Nevada..so uh duh, guess you're close to there! I never said people have not been wrongly convicted, I merely said that after a MONTH of NO activity to this post, YOU felt the great need to open up old wounds and hurt innocent people all over again..be it him OR the children..someone IS innocent, and because ALL adults should feel the greatest need to protect children over and above ANY adult, I think you need to zip it and drop it. IF he is innocent then time will tell and he will be exonerated of his supposed crimes, but IF he is NOT innocent then you are doing NOTHING but further hurting these children and there is NO need for it! ALL involved have suffered greatly both mentally and emotionally, not to mention monetarily. You coming back in here after a month and stirring the pot has done nothing but incite old flames AND old pains. If you wanna put your 2 cents in where it would be more readily accepted then either start a NEW post or add to a current active post. All you do by continually chanting innocent people have been wrongly convicted, is HURT ALL involved. Now I look forward to YOUR new post in a NEW thread! There you can chant on your soap box all you like, and I can openly and less agressively spar with you... but HERE I will not relent on the senseless pain that you are causing the families of both the convicted AND the supposed victims. So..lets post on the weather or the Rodeo, shall we?:D
doctor thompson

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jun 2, 2009
people can post where ever they want and yes you can sign up to be anywhere with this. If I want to post here I can
For Real

Tarkio, MO

#19 Jun 6, 2009
Oh goody for you! Now instead of being an annoyance to the posters in Mound City, you can lurk all over the country! Thank God for computers and the internet, it must REALLY help you have a semblence of a life. now that I am certain that I know it is you posting to this, as I should have guessed, I wont waste my time responding again. You really need to get a REAL life. Post away, I am sure you have all the time in the world to do it, but you will be doing it by yourself from now on.
doctor thompson

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Jun 13, 2009
Get a life memphis Get a hamburger so you can get fatter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ken mcelroy Oct 16 stealth 4
skidmore warning...... (Nov '15) Oct 16 stealth 7
Where did she go Oct 1 miss_theshortbubb... 1
Prediction Time (Nov '16) Aug '17 AWiseGuy 2
News Where is Branson Perry? (Nov '08) Jul '17 bluebird8 83
Cowards (May '06) Jul '17 Leo 26
atchison county deputiy (Jun '10) Jul '16 susie 4

Fairfax Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance