concerned tax payer
concerned

Mount Washington, KY

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Did any one else see in the pioneer news yesterday where the Shepherdsville fire will be charging you if they make your car on fire if your in a wreck and if they have to clean up a hazmat which falls under cleaning up fluids that leak from your car. Where is the city money going. I guess they can't pay for the big raises they got not long ago.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2 Mar 7, 2013
They cannot be freaking serious!
Who Cares

Deer Park, TX

#3 Jul 5, 2013
Shepherdsville Fire only charges NON-CITY residents for services, it's a cost recovery thing. Help to alleviate tax money and help provide extra equipment and training for the fire department.
fireman ed

Greensburg, KY

#4 Jul 6, 2013
its a new trend. a lot of bigger cities are doing it now, and have been doing it for a while. times they are a changing.
Coffee Black

Lexington, KY

#5 Jul 6, 2013
I once had an accident in Louisville, the fire department cleaned up anti-freeze and tried to charge me $200. My insurance company fought it and won. Whether the accident is your fault or not, your insurance is required to cover this charge or they can fight it like mine did.
👮 watcher

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 6, 2013
I like the idea that those that are just passing through have to pay if our fire department gets used for them. My taxes pay for them to help me. I should have to pay for them too. I'm glad they bill the out of towners.
Tired

Latonia, KY

#7 Jul 6, 2013
Guess they have to charge the citizens to recoop some of the money that the reckless driver of the high dollar fire truck destroyed! Just think how much money was layed over on the road, and NO insurance did NOT cover it all, the tax payers will pay for that BIG JOKE! Barney Fife driving a fire truck!
Roy

Shepherdsville, KY

#8 Jul 6, 2013
They shouldn't need the funding when they get through with the outrageous fines handed out for burning trash. My neighbor said she heard a local guy was fined 25k for having a backyard fire that was contained in one of those pits.
👮 watcher

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 15, 2013
Roy wrote:
They shouldn't need the funding when they get through with the outrageous fines handed out for burning trash. My neighbor said she heard a local guy was fined 25k for having a backyard fire that was contained in one of those pits.
BS. Didn't happen. And they're not charging citizens for anything. It's people that ARE NOT paying city taxes that are getting bills.
As for the fire tuck crash, accidents happen- even to fire trucks. The guy driving has been in the fire service for many years. He screwed up this time. He's suspended right now for it. Things happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominic Sitz 4 hr Allie 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 5 hr Rattlesnake Pete 924
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 7 hr Phoenix97 3,070
Sack chasers 7 hr Scooby the dooby 2
George campomaor 9 hr Tommy gay not 7
God bless president Trump (Apr '16) 10 hr Master Brain 47
Bonnie and Clyde's Pizza (Mar '11) 10 hr Teresa 3

Fairdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairdale Mortgages