cruelty discipline and or punishment

cruelty discipline and or punishment

Posted in the Fairdale Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spartan

Louisville, KY

#1 Jul 27, 2013
While by no means attempting to say that physically assaulting another human being is anywhat righteous at all,,,I would like to debate the lesser of two evils.Or perhaps three if you count insinuations of one of the two.Either way,,,I was wondering which flavor of pain and what type of sting that people believed could be felt by someone for the longest amount of time.And which pain and/or sting that the public believes is most ethical or justified for a person to purposefully apply to another human-being.If any at all.
Now while I've been known to reach beyond the scope of self-defense and slap a few people in the teeth in a desperate and/or heated moment,,,I believe that the sting from such a spontaneous punishment is only temporary,is of small consequence,and is in fact a much more humane and reasonable punishment for small offenders than locking him in a jail for a lengthy amount of time and taxing his family as well as his friends.
Now I can understand why a few people may find themselves disputing that,but I believe that those same people would certainly agree that a physical sting in the mouth that subsides very quickly,,,would be preferable to having someone instill a psychological sting within their mind and their soul that doesn't easily subside,by publicly humiliating their child or children.
So,considering that slapping someone in the mouth is a rather direct,on-point,straight-up and fair punishment that only leaves a short lived,relatively painless and somewhat moderate sting,,,and publicly humiliating someone's entire family causes a deeper and much more longer lived painful turmoil for several victims as opposed to just the one,,,and threatening to slap someone in the mouth in reaction to their foul actions is simply a plea for whoever to simply refrain from doing those foul actions anyway,,,then I would like to hear people,,,simply explain where they stand.And perhaps lay me out a graph as to how Ms. Holly is anywhat better than me at all.
mouseunderthetab le

Louisville, KY

#2 Jul 27, 2013
spartan wrote:
While by no means attempting to say that physically assaulting another human being is anywhat righteous at all,,,I would like to debate the lesser of two evils.Or perhaps three if you count insinuations of one of the two.Either way,,,I was wondering which flavor of pain and what type of sting that people believed could be felt by someone for the longest amount of time.And which pain and/or sting that the public believes is most ethical or justified for a person to purposefully apply to another human-being.If any at all.
Now while I've been known to reach beyond the scope of self-defense and slap a few people in the teeth in a desperate and/or heated moment,,,I believe that the sting from such a spontaneous punishment is only temporary,is of small consequence,and is in fact a much more humane and reasonable punishment for small offenders than locking him in a jail for a lengthy amount of time and taxing his family as well as his friends.
Now I can understand why a few people may find themselves disputing that,but I believe that those same people would certainly agree that a physical sting in the mouth that subsides very quickly,,,would be preferable to having someone instill a psychological sting within their mind and their soul that doesn't easily subside,by publicly humiliating their child or children.
So,considering that slapping someone in the mouth is a rather direct,on-point,straight-up and fair punishment that only leaves a short lived,relatively painless and somewhat moderate sting,,,and publicly humiliating someone's entire family causes a deeper and much more longer lived painful turmoil for several victims as opposed to just the one,,,and threatening to slap someone in the mouth in reaction to their foul actions is simply a plea for whoever to simply refrain from doing those foul actions anyway,,,then I would like to hear people,,,simply explain where they stand.And perhaps lay me out a graph as to how Ms. Holly is anywhat better than me at all.
Well if this is the real spartan....and I don't think it is>>>>> Holly is NO better then any one,but stop slapping..... anyone.....any time.... for any reason, period !!!!!! no hitting....
Seems to me

Evansville, IN

#3 Jul 27, 2013
It seems to me like you are trying to make excuses or minimize your behaviors. There is no justification for hitting another person. Just because you got your feelings hurt over some silliness here doesn't give you the right to threaten to hit anyone. Are you a caveman? You act like one when the only reaction you have for people is to threaten to hit them particularly when it's a woman. You are an emotionally stunted individual.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#4 Jul 27, 2013
Seems to me wrote:
It seems to me like you are trying to make excuses or minimize your behaviors. There is no justification for hitting another person. Just because you got your feelings hurt over some silliness here doesn't give you the right to threaten to hit anyone. Are you a caveman? You act like one when the only reaction you have for people is to threaten to hit them particularly when it's a woman. You are an emotionally stunted individual.
Yeah,that could be what I'm doing,,,I guess."Making excuses and minimizing my behaviors".
Other than giving me some over-emotional,Oprah Winfrey non-sense though,,,you haven't really presented anything that disputes my point.
Maybe if you compare notes with a few other morons who feel that it's perfectly alright to cause pain without consequence,,,you might come up with something that supports your theory.
Take your time.
cosign

Evansville, IN

#5 Jul 27, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,that could be what I'm doing,,,I guess."Making excuses and minimizing my behaviors".
Other than giving me some over-emotional,Oprah Winfrey non-sense though,,,you haven't really presented anything that disputes my point.
Maybe if you compare notes with a few other morons who feel that it's perfectly alright to cause pain without consequence,,,you might come up with something that supports your theory.
Take your time.
I don't have a theory. I just believe that you point to things you consider worse to try to make your behavior not look so bad. I read the posts about your kid. I also read the poems you wrote about Holly's kid first.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 27, 2013
mouseunderthetable wrote:
<quoted text>Well if this is the real spartan....and I don't think it is>>>>> Holly is NO better then any one,but stop slapping..... anyone.....any time.... for any reason, period !!!!!! no hitting....
Not saying that it's ok kiddo.However,,,I am saying that it's not any worse than the damage it does when someone purposefully causes damage with cruel and careless words.
A matter of interpretation I suppose.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 27, 2013
cosign wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a theory. I just believe that you point to things you consider worse to try to make your behavior not look so bad. I read the posts about your kid. I also read the poems you wrote about Holly's kid first.
That's pretty cute,,,""holly" ".For one,you mentioned my child long before I ever mentioned yours.For another,I'm still not even sure if you have a child.You not only knew that I had a son,but know who he is,,,and decided of your own free will to target his weaknesses in an attempt to hurt us both.
So one thing I want you to truly understand here kiddo,is the fact that I'm looking for explanation,,,not vindication.
Holly

Evansville, IN

#8 Jul 27, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>That's pretty cute,,,""holly" ".For one,you mentioned my child long before I ever mentioned yours.For another,I'm still not even sure if you have a child.You not only knew that I had a son,but know who he is,,,and decided of your own free will to target his weaknesses in an attempt to hurt us both.
So one thing I want you to truly understand here kiddo,is the fact that I'm looking for explanation,,,not vindication.
The REAL Holly here. You better back and read the RT posts. I only commented on your son's appearance after you wrote the poem about incest. I also didn't post his FB page--someone else did. How did I know who your son is? Well...that was easy--you have his name as well as you gave yours. So there's your explanation.
incognito

Trinity, TX

#9 Jul 28, 2013
I respectfully disagree with this logic. The reason is simple. That quick smack vs law and correction is why people do not actually learn a lesson that sticks with them. Now if a person does something that's bad enough to warrant a physical reprimand I believe a stint in the county lock up will stay in their memory longer than that slap to the teeth. People have gotten away with things far too often, thus leading to the high crimes that we currently have. Like I said, if the offense was bad enough to deserve physical violence then a long term lesson would teach better causing them to think harder before repeating the offense. So I believe a disservice to the public is the end result of that quick slap. Had they been put in jail, the public at large wouldn't be as apt to suffer what the original person went thru. Dig?
That quick slap is just self satisfaction, which is a selfish action that results in lack of self control.
agree

Evansville, IN

#10 Jul 28, 2013
incognito wrote:
I respectfully disagree with this logic. The reason is simple. That quick smack vs law and correction is why people do not actually learn a lesson that sticks with them. Now if a person does something that's bad enough to warrant a physical reprimand I believe a stint in the county lock up will stay in their memory longer than that slap to the teeth. People have gotten away with things far too often, thus leading to the high crimes that we currently have. Like I said, if the offense was bad enough to deserve physical violence then a long term lesson would teach better causing them to think harder before repeating the offense. So I believe a disservice to the public is the end result of that quick slap. Had they been put in jail, the public at large wouldn't be as apt to suffer what the original person went thru. Dig?
That quick slap is just self satisfaction, which is a selfish action that results in lack of self control.
True. I believe the reason Spartan would rather have a slap in the teeth is because it's the easy way out. Considering he has spent some time in the pokey, I'm sure he would rather have it that way. It just goes to show that you shouldn't value a criminal's opinion on fair and just punishment.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#11 Jul 28, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I believe the reason Spartan would rather have a slap in the teeth is because it's the easy way out. Considering he has spent some time in the pokey, I'm sure he would rather have it that way. It just goes to show that you shouldn't value a criminal's opinion on fair and just punishment.
After thinking about it all night,,,this is what you come up with? Can't trust criminals? Seriously??? Come on kiddo,,,you can do better than that.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#12 Jul 28, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I believe the reason Spartan would rather have a slap in the teeth is because it's the easy way out. Considering he has spent some time in the pokey, I'm sure he would rather have it that way. It just goes to show that you shouldn't value a criminal's opinion on fair and just punishment.
And if I can ask,,,why aren't you using your registered name???
because

Evansville, IN

#13 Jul 28, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>And if I can ask,,,why aren't you using your registered name???
Honestly, I grew sick and tired of being accused of being every other poster when I only posted under one name. With my registered name, I was somewhat contained. Now, I can play your game ever better.

P.S. You've already accused me once here of being a poster that I'm not. Keep up!
incognito

Trinity, TX

#14 Jul 28, 2013
Well you asked for opinions, you've addressed Holly but haven't answered my post. Does it not make sense to you or do I need to explain further?
Voice of Reason

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Jul 28, 2013
Anyone past the age of 10 should know to keep their hands to themselves. The physical pain of being hit may subside faster than emotional abuse but there is an emotional element to physical abuse too and that doesn't fade very fast.

As for punishment, when it's parents correcting children a quick swat to the butt if they're being resistant to verbal reprimands is ok in my opinion but there is a limit. If were talking about criminals, I'm fully in favor of capital punishment when appropriate and would actually not be opposed to thieves losing hands, rapists being castrated etc.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#16 Jul 28, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Anyone past the age of 10 should know to keep their hands to themselves. The physical pain of being hit may subside faster than emotional abuse but there is an emotional element to physical abuse too and that doesn't fade very fast.
As for punishment, when it's parents correcting children a quick swat to the butt if they're being resistant to verbal reprimands is ok in my opinion but there is a limit. If were talking about criminals, I'm fully in favor of capital punishment when appropriate and would actually not be opposed to thieves losing hands, rapists being castrated etc.
And I'm guessing that anyone past the age of ten would equate chopping the hands off of thieves and castrating rapists,,,as being equally savage as slapping a trash-talking holly in the teeth.And the most intelligent ninety-percent of that crowd would view your decided punishments as being far more sinister.
In short,I'm glad that when I asked for an opinion,,,this lunacy didn't cost me anything.
Would've been a perfect argument if you launched it favor of mine though.
IHATEHOLLY

United States

#17 Jul 28, 2013
I WILL SLAP THE CU NT if you just shut up LOL
NoClass

Evansville, IN

#18 Jul 28, 2013
Some people just have absolutely no class. Spartan started this thread in an effort to have someone stroke his ego by telling him it's okay to hit other people, even when a man hits a woman. He obviously thinks it's okay to slap others "in the teeth." You can tell he still has the prison bytch mentality.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#19 Jul 28, 2013
NoClass wrote:
Some people just have absolutely no class. Spartan started this thread in an effort to have someone stroke his ego by telling him it's okay to hit other people, even when a man hits a woman. He obviously thinks it's okay to slap others "in the teeth." You can tell he still has the prison bytch mentality.
I'll concede that I got no class kiddo.Even agree that I ain't got much sense.However,I didn't start this thread to have my ego stroked.I actually started this thread to give people such as yourself an opportunity to explain where you stand.I figure that it's only fair.Considering that I know where I stand,understand my position pretty clearly,,,and could likely explain it you with clarity,,,if need be.
So,,,why not attempt to explain your position,,,as opposed to primarily bashing mine?
spartan

Louisville, KY

#20 Jul 28, 2013
incognito wrote:
I respectfully disagree with this logic. The reason is simple. That quick smack vs law and correction is why people do not actually learn a lesson that sticks with them. Now if a person does something that's bad enough to warrant a physical reprimand I believe a stint in the county lock up will stay in their memory longer than that slap to the teeth. People have gotten away with things far too often, thus leading to the high crimes that we currently have. Like I said, if the offense was bad enough to deserve physical violence then a long term lesson would teach better causing them to think harder before repeating the offense. So I believe a disservice to the public is the end result of that quick slap. Had they been put in jail, the public at large wouldn't be as apt to suffer what the original person went thru. Dig?
That quick slap is just self satisfaction, which is a selfish action that results in lack of self control.
Alright kiddo.Seems that since we've achieved one full page with only one intelligent utterance at all,,,that it's time to give you the attention you so earnestly deserve.
So while I'm still leaning in the direction that a good swift slap in the teeth is a crucial part of the eco-system,I agree with you one-hundred percent that such a thing could spark a habitual lack of self-control in a person.And shouldn't be adopted as a habitual practice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Finally!! 1 hr Anon 12
Wayne & Trisha Sparks (Jul '13) 1 hr Desiree 8
let's beat off in the Shepherds pantry box 1 hr Lol 6
Stephanie richard 1 hr Desiree 3
Smokey Oak is walking to the night house 3 hr Apexpredator 2
Smokey Oak emasculates Henry 4 hr Apexpredator 3
Conditions. Of mobile home parks in shepherdsville 4 hr Karl the avenger 1

Fairdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairdale Mortgages