getting hurt on a job.

Posted in the Fairdale Forum

Righttt?

Shepherdsville, KY

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I was working for a warehouse that was dealing with returns. The store would return iPads with shattered screens. The second night I worked there I went to grab one and didn't know it was broken and got glass in both hands. I was picking glass out of my hands for two days. Now my hands are infected, they hurt, and I don't have insurance to get medicated cream to get it cleared up. I told two managers about it and one replied with, "well that sucks" and the other told me they've asked the store to put them in bags but they refuse. I quit this job Monday because it was unsafe and they didn't care. They never told me where the first aid kit was, never told me if they had protective gloves, etc. Last night another piece of glass broke through my finger and came out. It seriously hurts terribly. I wouldn't want this happening to anyone else so what could I do to keep this from happening?
Righttt?

Duluth, GA

#3 Jan 11, 2013
The Real Holly wrote:
If what you are saying is legit, call OSHA.

If you are looking for a "get rich easy" scheme, go to the nearest bridge and jump off.

Why not take your own gloves and wear them?
No, I don't look to sue and that's why I didn't file a report. It was my second day which was pretty much the first day doing it on my own. I was not aware of the broken glass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Truth 7,184
beth rice (May '09) 23 min Sheila 8
Police: Shots fired at Ky. school, 1 student hurt 1 hr Sandy06 3
School Shooting In Louisville, KY Sees One Stud... 1 hr Sandy06 2
Clothing by the bundle, bale or bags 1 hr Hope 1
Fern Creek Shooter Captured At Park at Hurstbou... 1 hr Louisvillereport 2
Park place 2 hr Dowatt 3

Fairdale Jobs

Fairdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE