Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
Revelations

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2012
that we won our independence through violent resistance? People that say protesting with no action is the only way are hiding behind cowardice and excuse. Period. Peaceful protest obviously DO NOT WORK ANYMORE. I feel for Michigan and the bullcrap RTW law...only thing I agree with obama on.
donnier

United States

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Are you implying that unionized workers should violently fight their co-workers/employers that don't want to be unionized?
Revelations

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2012
are you implying that during the american revolution we should have laid down and died and let the english impose on us? Its sad we live in suchma greedy world that unions haft to even exist, but we do, and thats why they exist. When I was a teen i worked at toys r us, old dude was there for 10 years and only making fifty cents more than me....TEN YEARS!!?! They should at least bump him up to fourteen an hour, if toys r us was union he would have been treated fair, hell they make enough. Loyalty isnt rewarded, only greed, although unions have their fair share of corruption they are a necessary evil, that sir is why the world is in a very bad state. One evil to counter another because face it...good is losing badly. King Solomon said it best...There is a time for peace, and a time for war, a time for mourning and a timw for rejoicing, a time to cry and a time to laugh...you get the point. What time do you think it is in the world? Time for hard working middle class families to fight back all corruption and wrong doings imposed upon them...man up coward....you may be forced to very soon.
Revelations

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2012
on the other hand, america is getting what it deserves...evil greedy cold uncooperative leaders and authority.
Former Kentuckian

Williamsburg, VA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Revelations wrote:
are you implying that during the american revolution we should have laid down and died and let the english impose on us? Its sad we live in suchma greedy world that unions haft to even exist, but we do, and thats why they exist. When I was a teen i worked at toys r us, old dude was there for 10 years and only making fifty cents more than me....TEN YEARS!!?! They should at least bump him up to fourteen an hour, if toys r us was union he would have been treated fair, hell they make enough. Loyalty isnt rewarded, only greed, although unions have their fair share of corruption they are a necessary evil, that sir is why the world is in a very bad state. One evil to counter another because face it...good is losing badly. King Solomon said it best...There is a time for peace, and a time for war, a time for mourning and a timw for rejoicing, a time to cry and a time to laugh...you get the point. What time do you think it is in the world? Time for hard working middle class families to fight back all corruption and wrong doings imposed upon them...man up coward....you may be forced to very soon.
I do not agree with you ever, except today. You are right about this one, except the violence part. It is imperative that middle class America stand up to the corporate takeover of our lives. One of the few buffers we have between servitude and prosperity is the union. In spite of the corruption that grew from union power (power corrupts, as we all know. Today's corporations and plutocrats are examples of this very philosophy), they have been the backbone of the middle class and properity for decades before the advent of the Neo-con philosophy introduced by Ronald Reagan. It has been downhill from there with a rapid acceleration under the last Bush (I hope he is the last). Our first weapon against this takeover is the ballot box; the second is the recall of those who run for office under a pretense, then make an aboutface after being elected (like the MI governor). Another is overwhelming protest (non-violent), that is allowing sheer numbers to glut the system, whether it be by email, tweets, phone or physical presence. A throng of thousands of people makes a large impression; one too large to be swayed by pepper spray or billy clubs, providing that it is peaceful. I do think that if erosion of rights continues, there will in fact be another revolution, and it will not be non-violent.
Scarecrow

Shepherdsville, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2012
I bet that Fox News guy hires himself a couple of body guards before he goes to his next union protest......

Where were the cops ??????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min uninformed idiot 2,199
Man held on $100K bond in connection with shoot... 1 hr LouisvilleKYreport 3
MORON LOSER Black baby maker 1 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
LMPD confirms 2 charged with murder in connecti... 1 hr LouisvilleKYreport 2
the round table (Aug '11) 1 hr girl 10,189
sami dawn puyear (Aug '12) 1 hr Go cards 33
Bullitt Central teacher charged with rape 2 hr Mike 9
•••
•••
•••

Fairdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000