spartan

Louisville, KY

#5265 Apr 11, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>hi spartan so nice to hear from you as always oh and forgive me spartan i will be right back to you.hello holly how is your evening?i really hope you are doing good please forgive me because we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot i do hope i did not offend you in any way.hello spartan i am sorry about that,but i do needed to make amends with holly as god says we are suppose to.now back to you.i have to say it has been a pleasure talking to you.you make conversation interesting.and you brighten up this forum thankyou my friend
Hello irene.I really appreciate all the nice things you said about me,,,and the nice way that you dealt with holly.To tell you the truth,you brighten up the forum quite a bit for me as well.As a matter of fact,personalities like yours is what the forum needs more of.Hope your day went well.Got wet and cold early on myself,,,and come in and slept the day away.Sorta regretted it when I first woke up.However,,,I am rested,,,if I ain't anything else.All that aside,,,thanks a whole lot girl.Tell your family I said "hello",,,and get back when you can.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5266 Apr 11, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to where I said that.
I'll be waiting.
Gonna have to agree with Shackleford here kiddo.Just about everything that you've said on the previous page is an indicator of such,,,even if you didn't directly say it.But,,,you can deny it on technicality if it makes you feel more comfortable.
irene

Shepherdsville, KY

#5267 Apr 11, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Hello irene.I really appreciate all the nice things you said about me,,,and the nice way that you dealt with holly.To tell you the truth,you brighten up the forum quite a bit for me as well.As a matter of fact,personalities like yours is what the forum needs more of.Hope your day went well.Got wet and cold early on myself,,,and come in and slept the day away.Sorta regretted it when I first woke up.However,,,I am rested,,,if I ain't anything else.All that aside,,,thanks a whole lot girl.Tell your family I said "hello",,,and get back when you can.
hello spartan how is it going i hope ok.as for me i haven't had much sleep with the police calling me at 2 am my brother-in-law's physcho girlfriend went off on him lastnight had to vouch for him and tell the police the history behind her life since she was once married to my brother.its crazy.but my day has been ok.its been raining all day couldn't do much else.taught her some games from my child hood.doctor gave her clean bill of health.my husband aint feeling well he forgot his medicine at the drug store.
irene

Shepherdsville, KY

#5268 Apr 11, 2013
sorry spartan my post didn't make since my son was asking me a question i meant to say i taught my little girl some games my mom taught me when i was a little girl.

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5269 Apr 12, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Gonna have to agree with Shackleford here kiddo.Just about everything that you've said on the previous page is an indicator of such,,,even if you didn't directly say it.But,,,you can deny it on technicality if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Of course you agree with someone who disagrees with me.

I made clear what I think. People shouldn't have children that they can't support. Not paying federal tax is one thing, expecting the government to pay for your every need is another. You can infer what you wish from what I post.
Indian

Louisville, KY

#5270 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course you agree with someone who disagrees with me.
I made clear what I think. People shouldn't have children that they can't support. Not paying federal tax is one thing, expecting the government to pay for your every need is another. You can infer what you wish from what I post.
I think help is sometimes a must, but to be on welfare for years is totally uncalled for.... then lots of times it is not used as it should be,if you have kids, get a job,and if you are unable to work... then stop having kids!

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5271 Apr 12, 2013
Indian wrote:
<quoted text>I think help is sometimes a must, but to be on welfare for years is totally uncalled for.... then lots of times it is not used as it should be,if you have kids, get a job,and if you are unable to work... then stop having kids!
BINGO! Welfare is a way of life for some. For others, continuing to have on child with special needs after another, while not financially supporting any of them is just plain shameful and digusting!
irene

Shepherdsville, KY

#5272 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
BINGO! Welfare is a way of life for some. For others, continuing to have on child with special needs after another, while not financially supporting any of them is just plain shameful and digusting!
do we have anyone in mind you are hinting at?

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5273 Apr 12, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>do we have anyone in mind you are hinting at?
Do you know anyone who fits the bill? I am "hinting" at EVERYone who fits into those categories, Irene.
the town crier

Shepherdsville, KY

#5274 Apr 12, 2013
In keeping with the subject generally at hand dealing with our welfare system and people who take advantage of it; there was a very interesting article in the Curious Journal's neighborhood section concerning people who choose not to work and become a dredge on society. The Bullitt County poor farm was located on the parcel of land which is now known as the Fairgrounds at 1-65 and Hi. 245. If people were indigent and could not care for themselves a Judge would commit them as inmates and they would be assigned to a small shack with a vegetable garden in the back yard they had to care for. A local family whose name is Raley served as caretakers and they were obligated to feed, bathe and care for the inmates. By 1946 there were no more inmates and the most of the land was sold to build 1-65. IN the late 60's and early 70's the Democratic party under Johnson started the (not-so) great society which culminated in paying people to vote and led to the welfare society as we know it today. Jesse Jackson and the Democratic national convention in Chicago in 1968 was where it all started. I wonder how many of our currant welfare recipients if transported back to that time would allow their vegetable garden to go to weeds and have to rely on others. Do you think there are any on the round table?

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5275 Apr 12, 2013
That's an interesting post. Thanks for the history lesson about the poor farm.

It's my opinion that, historically, people who are able to work will find ways to provide food for their families. If the babies are hungry, they'll shovel crap for a local horse farm, clean the town's elite's homes, or (gasp) even work in a public job. That poor farm validates this opinion.

But, we are talking about 2013. In today's world, people have learned to master the art of mooching off of the government, taking from others which they have not earned, enjoying their dependence on the government-- which frees up their own "found" money for tattoos, piercings, smokes, or McDonald's. In the 40's, it was shameful to ask others to provide--today, it is common and people are prideful of what they can obtain from others by little effort of their own. In the early stages of welfare, people were provided with bare necessities (remember the commodity system) and were so prideful that they likely would have taken no more, even if offerred. In today's world, welfare has evolved into providing for not just basic needs, but housing, money aid, food, medical expenses, utilities, college expenses, etc.

I used to feel sorry for those on welfare (years and years ago). Now, I realize that they should feel sorry for me. I'm the dumb hump who works >40 hours every week, pays uncle sam throughout the year (claiming just one, to alleviate the sting at the end of the year) and then still writes fat checks every April.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5276 Apr 12, 2013
Let me just add that the problem with welfare now is that society has created generations upon generations of welfare recipients. They no longer see the assistance as something they should be thankful for, but see it more as something that they are entitled to. I can only imagine the uprising if society stopped funding these folk's lifestyles.

Personally, the way I see it is this: If you are too ornery and lazy to feed yourself, your starvation is not my problem.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5277 Apr 12, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>hello spartan how is it going i hope ok.as for me i haven't had much sleep with the police calling me at 2 am my brother-in-law's physcho girlfriend went off on him lastnight had to vouch for him and tell the police the history behind her life since she was once married to my brother.its crazy.but my day has been ok.its been raining all day couldn't do much else.taught her some games from my child hood.doctor gave her clean bill of health.my husband aint feeling well he forgot his medicine at the drug store.
Hello irene.How you doing tonight girl? Not feeling too great myself.Getting out in the rain yesterday certainly didn't do me any favors.Sitting here waiting for my medicine to get done brewing in hopes that a hot cup of coffee will soothe everything.That aside,it sounds as if you have as much insane drama in your life as I do mine.I guess if nothing else,,,it keeps it exciting.Either way,you take care of yourself girl.I'll get back when I can.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#5278 Apr 13, 2013
the town crier wrote:
In keeping with the subject generally at hand dealing with our welfare system and people who take advantage of it; there was a very interesting article in the Curious Journal's neighborhood section concerning people who choose not to work and become a dredge on society. The Bullitt County poor farm was located on the parcel of land which is now known as the Fairgrounds at 1-65 and Hi. 245. If people were indigent and could not care for themselves a Judge would commit them as inmates and they would be assigned to a small shack with a vegetable garden in the back yard they had to care for. A local family whose name is Raley served as caretakers and they were obligated to feed, bathe and care for the inmates. By 1946 there were no more inmates and the most of the land was sold to build 1-65. IN the late 60's and early 70's the Democratic party under Johnson started the (not-so) great society which culminated in paying people to vote and led to the welfare society as we know it today. Jesse Jackson and the Democratic national convention in Chicago in 1968 was where it all started. I wonder how many of our currant welfare recipients if transported back to that time would allow their vegetable garden to go to weeds and have to rely on others. Do you think there are any on the round table?
Fact is bro'...there aren't any weeds on the 'round table.Only a select few/couple people who don't have any more respect than to downgrade other posters who may hypothetically and "in theory",let their hypothetical garden go to weeds,,,,if they had one.Personally,,,I'd rather deal with weeds.
irene

Shepherdsville, KY

#5279 Apr 13, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Hello irene.How you doing tonight girl? Not feeling too great myself.Getting out in the rain yesterday certainly didn't do me any favors.Sitting here waiting for my medicine to get done brewing in hopes that a hot cup of coffee will soothe everything.That aside,it sounds as if you have as much insane drama in your life as I do mine.I guess if nothing else,,,it keeps it exciting.Either way,you take care of yourself girl.I'll get back when I can.
good morning i too seem to have a cold.i talked to my brother in law he said he was done with that physcho.we will see.i known my brother-in-law longer than my husband.we use to hang out alot riding four wheelers when we was younger then he introduced me to my husband hes like you hes a good guy just that he doesnt have good taste in women.if i see her its on like donkey kong there is bad blood between us anyway.well i hope your medicine kicks in i am too gonna take somethin talk to you soon
Indian

Louisville, KY

#5280 Apr 13, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>good morning i too seem to have a cold.i talked to my brother in law he said he was done with that physcho.we will see.i known my brother-in-law longer than my husband.we use to hang out alot riding four wheelers when we was younger then he introduced me to my husband hes like you hes a good guy just that he doesnt have good taste in women.if i see her its on like donkey kong there is bad blood between us anyway.well i hope your medicine kicks in i am too gonna take somethin talk to you soon
so you think spartans wife is bad taste, maybe you should sweep your own door steps before worrying about spartans wife.
irene

Shepherdsville, KY

#5281 Apr 13, 2013
Indian wrote:
<quoted text>so you think spartans wife is bad taste, maybe you should sweep your own door steps before worrying about spartans wife.
i wasnt talking about spartans wife i said my brother-in-law learn to read i said he is a good person

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5282 Apr 13, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>i wasnt talking about spartans wife i said my brother-in-law learn to read i said he is a good person
It would probably help if you used punctuation.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#5283 Apr 13, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is bro'...there aren't any weeds on the 'round table.Only a select few/couple people who don't have any more respect than to downgrade other posters who may hypothetically and "in theory",let their hypothetical garden go to weeds,,,,if they had one.Personally,,,I'd rather deal with weeds.
Here is just one more example of your use of a >3rd grade word.....and getting it wrong.

"Hypothetically" and "in theory" have the same meaning, dear. Before you attept to use words in an attempt to sound intelligent, you may want to check the definitions.

I'm sure you *would* want to deal with the "weeds." Birds of a feather flock together. Besides, I don't really believe that you would allow your family to starve. I'm more inclined to believe that you'd just steal from those who work in their gardens when the crops come in.
Indian

Louisville, KY

#5284 Apr 13, 2013
irene wrote:
<quoted text>good morning i too seem to have a cold.i talked to my brother in law he said he was done with that physcho.we will see.i known my brother-in-law longer than my husband.we use to hang out alot riding four wheelers when we was younger then he introduced me to my husband hes like you hes a good guy just that he doesnt have good taste in women.if i see her its on like donkey kong there is bad blood between us anyway.well i hope your medicine kicks in i am too gonna take somethin talk to you soon
sorry irene but you said hes like you,and also said he doesnt have good taste in women....well unless you know spartans wife that comment should not have been made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your Ex 2 hr Alice 15
Who did mayor Ellis screw 3 hr Need a change 27
blacks a cryin 3 hr straight truth 2
has anyone seen Wayne Chinn lately ? (Jan '13) 4 hr Smt1966 25
Best Buy Here Pay Here lots? 6 hr Holiday Spirit 8
Child support In Shepherdsville? (Jan '10) 6 hr Friend 101
Doom for Louisville, KY 6 hr Holiday Spirit 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairdale Mortgages