Texting and driving
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mom

Latonia, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Should someone who is texting and causes a deadly accident be charged with murder? And before you ask, YES I think they should , there has NEVER been a text that was that big of an emergency!
O wow

Antioch, TN

#3 Jun 25, 2013
I do
Come talk to me

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Should someone be charged with murder when they are changing the radio station and cause a fatal accident? Or how about talking on a cell phone? Or eating a burger n driving? Or how about someone has a diabetic attack n cause a fatal accident when they knew they were a diabetic before they got in the car? No they shouldn't.... It's called a accident for a reason... I bet ur guilty of looking away from the road when ur cell phone rings to look and see who's calling and to answer it. No one intentionally causes a "accident". Murder is a intentional act.

Since: May 13

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 26, 2013
Should someone who's been drinking and driving that causes a fatal "accident" be charged with murder?? Yes because it's ILLEGAL. So is texting and driving. So I believe that YES someone who causes a fatal accident cause they're texting and driving should be charged with murder.
O wow

Antioch, TN

#6 Jun 26, 2013
Driving is a privilege, not a right. I suggest you position and make changes to your vehicle before you put it into drive i.e. radio, mirrors, whatever..
Yes! An accident is an accident that cannot be helped or is out of your control. Changing your station, slapping at your kids, or anything to do with a cell phone is NOT an accident. Those are things that can be prevented. Seizures, diabetic attacks n whatnot should be taken seriously. If you are aware you have these conditions take proper precautions before you hit the road or don't drive. A person that doesnt intentionally cause harm to another but has an "accident" can be chared with manslaughter. There's a difference if you can read definitions. You're barking up the wrong tree here if you're wanting someone to side with your boneheaded ramble.

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 26, 2013
I know this is WAY off topic but I wish there was a "like" button on here.

“No whining!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Jun 26, 2013
I do think manslaughter should be the charge and not murder. Regardless, the texter/driver should be held accountable.

I know two people who have seizures, but don't report the seizures because they don't want their driving privileges revoked. That's dangerous and reckless.
Mom

Latonia, KY

#9 Jun 26, 2013
Come talk to me wrote:
Should someone be charged with murder when they are changing the radio station and cause a fatal accident? Or how about talking on a cell phone? Or eating a burger n driving? Or how about someone has a diabetic attack n cause a fatal accident when they knew they were a diabetic before they got in the car? No they shouldn't.... It's called a accident for a reason... I bet ur guilty of looking away from the road when ur cell phone rings to look and see who's calling and to answer it. No one intentionally causes a "accident". Murder is a intentional act.
Really? You are going to compare a health emergency that no one has any control over to texting, wow you are a dumbass. I guess you text and drive, hopefully if you ever cause an accident I will get to sit on your jury! No, I do NOT answer calls when driving! Hopefully laws will be passed that insurance will not cover you or your car in this type of situation , oh, but wait, you probably do not have insurance. Remember Karma.
O wow

Antioch, TN

#10 Jun 26, 2013
Driving knowing that you have a dangerous medical condition is definitely reckless and irresponsible.
O wow

Antioch, TN

#11 Jun 26, 2013
Right on...karma is a mother
spartan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#12 Jun 26, 2013
O wow wrote:
Driving knowing that you have a dangerous medical condition is definitely reckless and irresponsible.
And a person who desperately needs to make a living to support himself and or a family would probably view cutting his own throat and giving up his driving privileges of his own free will to be irresponsible and reckless.Not gonna ask holly because self-righteous unsweetened judgment is what she specializes in,,,but did "you" consider that it might be easier said than done in some circumstances???
And if it was you yourself having seizures,,,would you hurry to the court-house and inform them that they needed to hustle up and revoke your driving privileges???

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#13 Jun 26, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>And a person who desperately needs to make a living to support himself and or a family would probably view cutting his own throat and giving up his driving privileges of his own free will to be irresponsible and reckless.Not gonna ask holly because self-righteous unsweetened judgment is what she specializes in,,,but did "you" consider that it might be easier said than done in some circumstances???
And if it was you yourself having seizures,,,would you hurry to the court-house and inform them that they needed to hustle up and revoke your driving privileges???
This is a prime example of how you follow me from thread to thread with your negative comments.

But, since you brought it up: the guy with the medical condition should find someone else to drive him to work. Or a job he can walk to. Or do from home. Or go on disability. Etc. Etc. Your narrow view of an either/or situation is just short sighted.
Lol

Louisville, KY

#14 Jun 26, 2013
Was probably two years ago, at the Etown Walmart, got out of the car, and stopped as this girl passed me with her head down staring at her phone and then she turned right into a cart stall. Granted, there was a SUV right in front of the thing and wasn't the easiest too see that it was a stall not a parking spot, but had she not been paying attention to her phone she probably would have seen it. Anyways, gave me a good laugh (thankfully it was a stall and not somebodies kids) but yeah, paying attention to things other then the road and driving, and wrecking should carry some heavy punishments, since it was easily preventable and now somebodies family member(s) might be dead.
O wow

Antioch, TN

#15 Jun 26, 2013
FYI yes! I would in fact revoke my own privileges from driving if someone else's life could be at stake.
spartan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#16 Jun 26, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a prime example of how you follow me from thread to thread with your negative comments.
But, since you brought it up: the guy with the medical condition should find someone else to drive him to work. Or a job he can walk to. Or do from home. Or go on disability. Etc. Etc. Your narrow view of an either/or situation is just short sighted.
"Followed you here",you say.Now this is cute.I knew that the poster known as O wow was really you,,,but I never figured that you'd admit it.
spartan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#17 Jun 26, 2013
O wow wrote:
FYI yes! I would in fact revoke my own privileges from driving if someone else's life could be at stake.
Of course you would.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#18 Jun 26, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>"Followed you here",you say.Now this is cute.I knew that the poster known as O wow was really you,,,but I never figured that you'd admit it.
After I comment, you always completely destroy someone's genuine post. You make the thread about me. Just as you did here and 100 other times.

I'm not "o wow" goofball. Where did that even come from? You're the poster of many names. Now, go jiggle Becky's thighs a while and stop stalking me.
spartan

Ft Mitchell, KY

#19 Jun 26, 2013
HollyIsHellOnHeels wrote:
<quoted text>
After I comment, you always completely destroy someone's genuine post. You make the thread about me. Just as you did here and 100 other times.
I'm not "o wow" goofball. Where did that even come from? You're the poster of many names. Now, go jiggle Becky's thighs a while and stop stalking me.
Well,Owow has strong enough of a self-righteous overbite to be you,and quick enough at stroking her own agenda to be you,,,so I'm gonna believe that Owow is you as well.
Watcha think???
Oh,tried that thigh jiggling thing.Got shot down due to headache stress and other miscellaneous ailments,,,so thanks for nothing.

“No whining!”

Location hidden

#20 Jun 26, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Well,Owow has strong enough of a self-righteous overbite to be you,and quick enough at stroking her own agenda to be you,,,so I'm gonna believe that Owow is you as well.
Watcha think???
Oh,tried that thigh jiggling thing.Got shot down due to headache stress and other miscellaneous ailments,,,so thanks for nothing.
You can believe that. He/she hasn't said anything I'm opposed to yet.

I've figured out your game. Anytime a poster other than you or me posts, you think it's me. You know the 100+ names you've used. so, in the rare instance that someone other than the two of us posts here, you think it's me

Chicago, IL

#21 Jun 26, 2013
So back to the subject.......anyone have any more opinions on texting and driving and causing an accident??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is transexual 25 min Forward Observer 8
Any new tabs on Mandy Maraman? 28 min SlimShady 2
Hillview Firework stores must be up to something? 32 min SlimShady 4
I once drinked and once smoked, i got off of th... 34 min rylermyler 1
Bussman 44 min Optimus9 1
Smart Recovery, the science of addiction 1 hr Big Dave 1
Norbourne Estates Music Thread (Jun '15) 2 hr Musikologist 4

Fairdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance