Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,181 - 75,200 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

No shortage of birds in Eastern Kentucky.

I see there's a new troll here.

Not impressed,,,
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

And, where the hell is Ms. Font?!
blame your govt

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
put some salt on those slugs.
To eat 'em or to kill 'em? LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Spamtrooper wrote:
You people are right, there is no need to debate so much about such meaningless things. The butthurtaltoboy's point is poot anyways.
My time is about up folks, why worry? How was it that Dr. Seuss put it.....On life...dont cry because its over, smile because it happened.
UK debate team! 1979! Go cats! Hehehehe
Love that quote on life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It was dry the last two days, but we are headed for more rain. Not good. The lake looks like it's fixing to spill over into the homes that are built near it. I worry about that.
I agree with you. The Rolling Fork River is very high and borders a back part of our property. Thank goodness our house and barns are at the front part of our property, which is nearly a half mile away. It would have to rise a heck of a lot to overflow its steep banks, at least where I am. I did have one encounter with the river, though. One rainy spring, I was mowing a back field not far from the river bank. I looked down and saw a rather deep hole. I looked again, and saw the Rolling Fork through the hole, beneath the tractor. I beat it out of there pretty quickly. We actually lost a few feet of land a few years back when the river ran high and fast. But that is an anomaly, thank goodness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

The above is for my fine feathered friends.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Oops, still don't have the copy/paste thing down pat. If you listen to the above, just hit skip ad in 5 sec., and you will hear Alison Krauss' rendition of "I'll Fly Away."

I dedicate the song to AW, who, like me, is rounding the last bend. Nice still shots of the birds, AW.
Hundredsofbirds

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

That was a good'n.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
yick! i hope to never be that hard up.... think i could be talked into chewing some yummy tree bark before i ventured into the insect world.

cant remember what it was but somebody had told me at the end of the year that i could put something down that would keep them away and this particular something was a really simple household something.... just cant seem to recall.

i salt the ones i see, and you would think with all the salt i put on the porch all winter long that they would find another home. it cant all wash away......guess its not like it really repels them just drys them out
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

well just stopped in to see if we had anymore returns. i see hempburn is still a coffee connoisseur and AB must be busy with her new job.

poodle found a little garden snake out in the yard and hubby and i had lots of fun watching him try and out maneuver it but other wise, peaceful day at work followed by a peaceful evening.everything was pretty quiet today around here...how i like it. tomorrow is payday, so im gearing up for my big kroger trip for this month.... if thats the most exciting thing that happens tomorrow...yay!

sweet dreams bird thread!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Oops, still don't have the copy/paste thing down pat. If you listen to the above, just hit skip ad in 5 sec., and you will hear Alison Krauss' rendition of "I'll Fly Away."
I dedicate the song to AW, who, like me, is rounding the last bend. Nice still shots of the birds, AW.
Thanks. It was rather odd though. At the same time as yout post, I was watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and it included the same song. The movie is quite silly, I just like the sound track.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Salt makes slugs melt.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Going to be a rainy day. I am going to stay in and do things around here. Hope you all have a great day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Going to be a rainy day. I am going to stay in and do things around here. Hope you all have a great day!
Hope you got more sleep than I did last night. Finally fell asleep around 2:30 A.M., and awoke at 5. Got coffee ready for Hubby and here I am, still wide awake. If you ever find out how to beat insomnia, let me know the secret.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It was rather odd though. At the same time as yout post, I was watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" and it included the same song. The movie is quite silly, I just like the sound track.
The movie was a riot. I got a kick out of the way the screenwriter alluded to the Odyssey, which we read way back in high school or college. The women in the pond who seduced those 'fellers' clearly referenced the Three Sirens in that work of literature... laughed my azz off about that part. But I agree, the soundtrack was wonderful to listen too.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you got more sleep than I did last night. Finally fell asleep around 2:30 A.M., and awoke at 5. Got coffee ready for Hubby and here I am, still wide awake. If you ever find out how to beat insomnia, let me know the secret.
If I find out I will let you and everyone know. I went to bed right around midnight, but was still looking at the clock at 1:15, so I got up. I did doze off at about 4:45 or so, but didn't last more than a few minutes. Just wasn't a night that I needed to sleep I guess.
the romingalcholic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

just have a beer or three ,...
if you find , that you can not fall asleep ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

the romingalcholic wrote:
just have a beer or three ,...
if you find , that you can not fall asleep ....
Nope, doesn't work at all. Have to make too many bathroom trips and beer gives me a headache anyway.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Must be something in the air, although I routinely have insomnia myself. But this week has been particularly bad.

Finally got my first yawn around 4:00 a.m., so I went to bed around 4:30 a.m. I merely tossed and turned, flipped and flopped, seeing the clock hit 5:30 at last memory..

Then I woke up at approximately 10:00, who knows really, due to the fact that I rolled over only to see the alarm clock flashing. There was apparently a power outage during my short down time.

So that gets my blood pumping because IT'S TOO DANG CLOUDY OUT THERE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TIME IT COULD HAVE BEEN IN REAL LIFE, and my poor chicken babies were still locked up.

So I get up and make coffee, poop and feed the indoor critters, go to let the chickens out, and now I sit here in front of the laptop much like a zombie... Just as any normal, red blooded, menopausal, crazy lady would do..

Glad to see I'm in the best of company, hehe!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min GOPinthecloset 955
wh**es in shep 35 min citizen 3
Stadium joes 37 min drunk 14
i need a male shih tzu just to breed 39 min VET TECH 11
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Trufts 1,047
Steven Allison 1 hr U know me 6
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 1 hr slik513 10

Search the Fairdale Forum:
•••
•••