Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85916 Feb 14, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Well, I was fishing one day. Snagged an old lantern. When I got the crazy thing out of the water... It was still burning. Happy Fishing.
In honor of the dearly departed UNA.. that is older than dinosaur dung. LOL You turn your lantern out and I won't tell you about the picture I caught of a fish with a picture of a worm. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85917 Feb 14, 2013
Poor Una. I really miss the Sunday School teacher. Imagine that. I guessed that he was smart, but never would I have guessed, in a billion, trillion years that he was a church deacon. LOLOLOL. Lala
little elf

Columbia, KY

#85918 Feb 14, 2013
I tried to catch one out of an old car in the lake it role the window up.
Blueminer

United States

#85919 Feb 14, 2013
Good Afternoon Everyone! Til this morn I though docs were only removing his foot. But the removed the leg just below the knee. After anesthetic wore off, I could swear he was healthier already.

There seems to be a lot of irony to all of this. Last night had me playing peacemaker, and that took a lot of charm, that I had forgotten I knew how to do. And a little tough love.

As of last night a whole lot of people are closer than they have ever been. I surely have more grey hair today. An hour and a half of dealing with four women on the phone, and about ten calls in the middle of all that from someone I've been trying to shake left me more drained than I've been in years... More later. Thanks!
Waiyusotan

Morehead, KY

#85920 Feb 14, 2013
CLASSIFIED: Free Yorkshire Terrier. 8yrs. old.Hateful little b#@%$^d.Bites! LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85921 Feb 14, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Poor Una. I really miss the Sunday School teacher. Imagine that. I guessed that he was smart, but never would I have guessed, in a billion, trillion years that he was a church deacon. LOLOLOL. Lala
Hi lala, you are so right. I really miss that ole fart.

I hope you got to get out and enjoy the beautiful day. I certainly did. I had to start dinner and do something constructive. Had a nice lunch and got a Valentine and Heart box of candy. My son had been here before he went to work and left me some red and white carnations. They smell so good. I cannot wait until Spring. But I guess it is short lived as they were mentioning that white stuff again.:(

These cat videos are cracking me up.

Persistent cat knocks for entry in the most annoying possible way

This is surely one of the most annoying cats in the world. Clever, yes. Dexterous, most definitely. But oh so irritating. The fearsome feline has worked out how to (quite loudly) knock on a door using its hind leg — which he does over and over again. How does anyone in this house get any sleep with that insistent cat around?
http://now.msn.com/cat-knocks-on-a-door-using...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85922 Feb 14, 2013
26 photos of animals kissing will put you in the Valentine's mood

Cute animals might seem like the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for your beloved. But because your special someone might not be ready to share his or her life with a baby monkey or an adorable pot-bellied pig, we have a plan B for you. Send your loved one this gallery of adorable animals kissing each other, and you'll be on the way to having your best Valentine's Day ever.

http://now.msn.com/animals-kissing-each-other...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85923 Feb 14, 2013
For Hempburn and "Nope"..Friday it is..

Asteroid 2012 DA14: 5 Surprising Facts About Friday's Earth Flyby

While there is no chance that asteroid 2012 DA14 will hit Earth this Friday, the asteroid's flyby is history-making for several other reasons.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/14/ast...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85924 Feb 14, 2013
For the BIRDS:

What a hoot! Unique cry reveals new owl species

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/02/14/uni...
Blueminer

United States

#85926 Feb 14, 2013
P.S. In case anyone misunderstood. The four women referenced were my mother, step mother, and my two sisters. A lot of tears, pain, anger, cussing, disowning, reowning and more tears. And don't forget some of that love stuff came in there too!

Didn't want anyone to think I was implying I had four girlfriends!
h

Clay City, KY

#85927 Feb 14, 2013
No way
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85928 Feb 14, 2013
Landowner asks $3.9M for part of Wounded Knee site

Associated Press/Rapid City Journal - This Feb. 7, 2012 photo shows a cross on a grave at the Wounded Knee National Historic landmark in South Dakota.
James Czywczynski, 74, is trying to sell a 40-acre fraction of the landmark for $3.9 million to the Oglala Sioux Tribe. But leaders on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation say the asking price for a property appraised at less than $7,000 is just too much. The land sits adjacent to a gravesite where about 150 of the 300 Lakota men, women and children killed by the 7th Cavalry in 1890 are buried.(AP Photo/Rapid City Journal)

SIOUX FALLS, S.D.(AP)— One of the country's poorest Native American tribes wants to buy a historically significant piece of land where 300 of their ancestors were killed, but tribal leaders say the nearly $4 million price tag for a property appraised at less than $7,000 is just too much.

James Czywczynski is trying to sell a 40-acre fraction of the Wounded Knee National Historic Landmark on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation to the Oglala Sioux Tribe. The land sits adjacent to a gravesite where about 150 of the 300 Lakota men, women and children killed by the 7th Cavalry in 1890 are buried.

Czywczynski, whose family has owned the property since 1968, recently gave the tribe an ultimatum: purchase the land for $3.9 million or he will open up bidding to non-Native Americans. He said he has been trying to sell the land to the tribe for years.

The ultimatum comes right before the tribe is poised to receive about $20 million from the Cobell lawsuit— a $3.4 billion settlement stemming from a class-action lawsuit filed over American Indian land royalties mismanaged by the government for more than a century.

"I think it's ridiculous that he's putting a price on it like that," said Kevin Yellow Bird Steele, a tribal council representative from the Wounded Knee district, who thinks Czywczynski is putting pressure on the tribe because of the impending money. "We need to come down to earth and be realistic. We're not rich. We're not a rich tribe."
Czywczynski insists the site's historical significance adds value.

Along with its proximity to the burial grounds, the land includes the site of a former trading post burned down during the 1973 Wounded Knee uprising, in which hundreds of American Indian Movement protesters occupied the town built at the site of the 1890 massacre. The 71-day standoff that left two tribal members dead and a federal agent seriously wounded is credited with raising awareness about Native American struggles and giving rise to a wider protest movement that lasted the rest of the decade.

Czywczynski, who also is trying to sell another 40-acre piece of nearby land to the tribe for $1 million, also noted a coalition of Sioux tribes raised $9 million in December to buy land about 100 miles away in the Black Hills — although the Oglala Sioux Tribe did not contribute to that effort.

"I'm getting older now and my family and myself want to dispose of this property," said Czywczynski, 75, who now lives in Rapid City. "We just want to see it in the hands of the Indian people rather than put it on the open market to the public."

Craig Dillon, a tribal council member on the Land Committee, said he would like to see the tribe buy the land at Wounded Knee because then they could build a museum commemorating the massacre with artifacts, food vendors and a place for local artists to sell their art to visitors.

"But with the price the way it is, I don't think the tribe could ever buy it," Dillon said.
http://news.yahoo.com/landowner-asks-3-9m-par...

Wish someone would help them obtain the land. Sad.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85929 Feb 14, 2013
Chemicals in cookware, carpets may raise arthritis risk in women

Study looked at PFCs, found in products from nonstick cookware to carpeting.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85930 Feb 14, 2013
These 11 much-loved memes want to wish you a happy Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day, don't forget to pay tribute to your one true love: the Internet. And why give boring old flowers and chocolates when you could give memes instead? Romantic Redditors have produced a selection of Valentine's Day messages from your favorite memes — including Grumpy Cat, Sweet Brown, and Bad Luck Brian. The best part about celebrating the day of love with these guys? You don't have to take them out for an expensive dinner or pretend you have a headache afterwards.

http://now.msn.com/valentines-day-memes-photo...

Left you some things to read since everyone was off again.

I hope everyone had a wonderful, sunshiny Valentine's Day. I am off to get dinner on the table for a couple friends who are without Valentines today. Be back later.

Have a great evening.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85931 Feb 14, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Good Afternoon Everyone! Til this morn I though docs were only removing his foot. But the removed the leg just below the knee. After anesthetic wore off, I could swear he was healthier already.
There seems to be a lot of irony to all of this. Last night had me playing peacemaker, and that took a lot of charm, that I had forgotten I knew how to do. And a little tough love.
As of last night a whole lot of people are closer than they have ever been. I surely have more grey hair today. An hour and a half of dealing with four women on the phone, and about ten calls in the middle of all that from someone I've been trying to shake left me more drained than I've been in years... More later. Thanks!
Sorry to hear they took more than they had planned but happy he is feeling healthier already. Illness and tragedies have a way of bringing people close together as they sometimes realize what is more important in life. Loved ones and LIFE. I hope it continues.

Sorry someone drained you since I am sure you are exhausted, both physically and probably more mentally in this situation. Step back, breathe deep, and regroup. You can do it. Take care of yourself though while you are trying to take care of everyone else. Hope you have a peaceful night and the news keeps getting better.
BIG willie

AOL

#85932 Feb 14, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Landowner asks $3.9M for part of Wounded Knee siteWish someone would help them obtain the land. Sad.
i'll bet the tribe could confiscate the land ,.
if they had a good lawyer ,..
they could get the feds to determine that it is a a scarred tribal grave site ,...
the federal government would force the owner to give the Lakota the land for FREE
cowboy

Manchester, KY

#85933 Feb 14, 2013
nothing happened! cause they got the date wrong!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85934 Feb 14, 2013
Just watching some movies...it's been a LONG week.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85935 Feb 14, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
A similar thing happened to Hubby. He had the bad habit of leaving his fishing poles baited. One morning he announced that he was going fishing. He came back 10 min. later with one of those barbed hooks stuck in his thumb. Don't know how he got it stuck there, but he did. He expected me to get it out,and of course I couldn't. So away he went to the E.R. to have it removed. Those hooks are dangerous. Hubby caught a 250 pound fish....himself.
Wrap some thin mono fishing line around the hook shank then push it down until it's against the barb, it will no longer snag and you can pull out the fish hook with little pain. A little late yes, but now you know,, don't ask how I know.
Waiyusotan

Lexington, KY

#85936 Feb 14, 2013
Teacher: Harold,what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested? Harold: A Teacher. SML

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will You Be Voting Republican? 36 min Pale Rider 38
Shepherdsville Mayor General Election- Tinnell,... 50 min Louisville 73
Scott Dye 2 hr spartan 17
shannon clark/wilson park townhomes/ sleepa wit... 2 hr amber m 9
Michael Day 6 hr crush 4
Autozone (Nov '12) 9 hr yepp 2
Mcconnell or grimes 9 hr James 29
Fairdale Dating
Find my Match

Fairdale Jobs