Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85858 Feb 13, 2013
If you need to chat, log in and we will keep you company. Say a prayer for you. Miracles do happen.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85859 Feb 13, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
If you need to chat, log in and we will keep you company. Say a prayer for you. Miracles do happen.
Ditto. Four years ago last Tuesday, I was as frighened as any one human could ever be about the surgeon getting ready to play around with my heart. I said a small prayer in my mind and a PEACE came over me that I still have. I have always heard that there are no atheists in a foxhole. All my mental prayer stated was "God, I am in a foxhole and I may not get out" and from that point on, nothing really matters and a Miracle did happen.

And as I have stated on here many times before, I can worship the CREATOR as well here within HIS creations as I can in a building with someone trying to tell me how to live, and I CAN and do and don't wait for Sunday. I do go to Church when I can and for my own reasons and it has nothing to do with trying to please people or gain their approval.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85860 Feb 13, 2013
We cannot allow reality to be a quagmire to drag us down. It's always important to focus on the better things in life. Children often display happiness in such simplistic gestures. If we allow ourselves to mainly focus on the negative, life will not transpire to be as good as it can be. But, if we allow ourselves to let go like a child it is then that we see the magical or the miracle. Blessings Blueminer to you. Have a peaceful night.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85861 Feb 13, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Just a hey before I get ready to cut out of here. Yesterdays surgery was put off till 07:00 tommorrow.
I really hope before they start the amputation that maybe they see my dads foot is improving, and it doesn't have to be done. Being hopeful seems to beat being a realist.
Saw some old friends yesterday. Before I could leave their 3 y/o daughter ran me through about twelve knock knock jokes. They were the funniest jokes I ever heard!
Then she did the name game thing with my name. She is the cutest little thang!
I will be thinking of you and praying at 07:00 tomorrow.

Location hidden

#85862 Feb 13, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Same here
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85863 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto. Four years ago last Tuesday, I was as frighened as any one human could ever be about the surgeon getting ready to play around with my heart. I said a small prayer in my mind and a PEACE came over me that I still have. I have always heard that there are no atheists in a foxhole. All my mental prayer stated was "God, I am in a foxhole and I may not get out" and from that point on, nothing really matters and a Miracle did happen.
And as I have stated on here many times before, I can worship the CREATOR as well here within HIS creations as I can in a building with someone trying to tell me how to live, and I CAN and do and don't wait for Sunday. I do go to Church when I can and for my own reasons and it has nothing to do with trying to please people or gain their approval.
I think AW that is what we should all accept. Is our lives in our hands or the Creator? For is that Creator which gave us life the One who takes it? Partner says after my anxiety attacks you can't go anywhere. I tell him that I feel I have not served my purpose in this world yet. LOL. But the truth is I might have a powerful will to live, the Creator gave me life so when it's time, it is time:)

Location hidden

#85864 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm completely in agreement with you, AW. It is amazing how close calls get a person to prioritize in life. When you're that close to meeting your Creator, you view life differently. The old saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff," takes on a whole new meaning.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85865 Feb 13, 2013
I was "sweating the small stuff" of not having a bite to eat of anything sweet in the house.. no cookies, cake,pie, candy, or donuts.. not even any jelly for a PB&J. Then I remembered my prior post about the Sav-a-Lot "World's Fair" ice cream cones, and went to the freezer... no more sweat LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85866 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was "sweating the small stuff" of not having a bite to eat of anything sweet in the house.. no cookies, cake,pie, candy, or donuts.. not even any jelly for a PB&J. Then I remembered my prior post about the Sav-a-Lot "World's Fair" ice cream cones, and went to the freezer... no more sweat LOL
Can't beat the waffle cone;) It reminds me of molasses, but tastes so good. The other kind are incomparable. LOL. I'll trade these ice cream sandwiches.

Location hidden

#85867 Feb 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Lucky you. I have this food addiction for Jello raspberry cheesecake snacks. I can go through 10 per day, if I am on a roll. It's a terrible diet, but it was the first thing that I could eat and have it stay down after my summer illness. I got hooked, and now I could eat them exclusively. Hubby brings home 7 or 8 packages of the stuff. It's really all chemicals, but right now, I don't care. It calls to me. LOL
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85868 Feb 13, 2013
Hi lala, misty-eyed, Ancient Wolf..

I see we are all in agreement with AW's outlook on things. Plus, you moved again??? haha

I hope "Nope" is feeling better and joins us again. Blueminer too! I know his heart is heavy and we could keep him cheered up.:)

lala, you have got to see this video update on that sinkhole. Just getting bigger. Plus, Nevada had several earthquakes again today and in the 5.1 magnitude range.

Louisiana sinkhole swallows another 5,000 square feet (PHOTO)
Date: Feb. 12, 2013
Earlier today, there was a slough in at the sinkhole. An estimated 50 x 100 foot section sloughed in on the southwest side of the sinkhole. The slough in does not affect Hwy 70 as the event occurred on the opposite side of the sinkhole.
http://enenews.com/newspaper-louisiana-sinkho...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85869 Feb 13, 2013
Cat and fox pals prove unlikely animal friends might be the sweetest

It's hard to decide which is cuter: the fluffy fox or the soft-looking white kitty with the little black Mohawk stripe. But cutest of all might be the unlikely friendship between these two creatures that's as touching as it is surprising. Click through the photos above to see them frolic and play together on rocky terrain. A little harmless wrestling (never mind those sharp teeth), some scampering (with the cat chasing the fox, no less), and finally, a happy snuggle. Can we get a collective "Aw"?[Source]

http://now.msn.com/cat-and-fox-are-friends-a -...

Another amazing video of God's creatures and unlikely friends. I love it. It is adorable.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85870 Feb 13, 2013
This is a must too. It is my BIRD story for the day...hahaha

Cat and owl playing - Fum & Gebra - Perfect friendship!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85871 Feb 13, 2013
well Good Night Topix friends, I had my ice cream and DOG got the bottom part of the cone and thinks we should go to our bedroom now and watch a little tv or eyelids. He likes to watch programs that has puppies whimpering. Maybe I can find one for him.
Saragon

United States

#85872 Feb 13, 2013
Hi everyone. There has been lots of things going on so I have not been near a computer in a long time. Hurricane Sandy did a number on our motorhome but thankfully we got away in our truck with the dogs. We got home and guess what, no home. there was a fire while we were gone and I had forgotten to give our neighbor my new cell phone number.Hubby and I and the dogs are ok and thats all that matters. We lived on the houseboat until the new one was built. Lost a lot of THINGS but still have my memories. P.S. A Solider is doing much better.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85873 Feb 13, 2013
Saragon wrote:
Hi everyone. There has been lots of things going on so I have not been near a computer in a long time. Hurricane Sandy did a number on our motorhome but thankfully we got away in our truck with the dogs. We got home and guess what, no home. there was a fire while we were gone and I had forgotten to give our neighbor my new cell phone number.Hubby and I and the dogs are ok and thats all that matters. We lived on the houseboat until the new one was built. Lost a lot of THINGS but still have my memories. P.S. A Solider is doing much better.
Hi Saragon, I am so sorry to hear about all that. Bless your heart, I am so happy you, hubby and the dogs are okay. What a shame.(((HUGS)) I wish we all could help. Where are you staying? On your houseboat? I hope everything turns around for you. Tell A Soldier we still think of him often and glad he is doing better.

Our resident aggravator Una Farter, who turned out to be friends with us prior to the holidays, died of a heart attack on Jan 31st. He started as a menace, but we really miss him now. Can you believe that? OJG has only briefly popped in while moving and getting settled. Still a bunch of us on here. So glad you dropped in and let us know how you were doing. I hope you get everything taken care of soon. No one can take our memories. Love, hugs, and blessings to you.
Saragon

United States

#85874 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks AB, a friend of ours builds houses so he did ours. It's funny, we bought some property near the lake and said some day we would build a house there when we sold the farm. I did not look at it that way, I saw it as an investment. We got it dirt cheap and I planned on selling it when land prices went up. Now I live here. I miss the farm and all my animals. We still go back every few days to check on them, but its not the same. Life really is about changes. I am sorry to hear about Una Farter, he was a mean person when I was on here and I am so glad he became a friend. I wish I had known him then.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85875 Feb 13, 2013
Saragon wrote:
Thanks AB, a friend of ours builds houses so he did ours. It's funny, we bought some property near the lake and said some day we would build a house there when we sold the farm. I did not look at it that way, I saw it as an investment. We got it dirt cheap and I planned on selling it when land prices went up. Now I live here. I miss the farm and all my animals. We still go back every few days to check on them, but its not the same. Life really is about changes. I am sorry to hear about Una Farter, he was a mean person when I was on here and I am so glad he became a friend. I wish I had known him then.
So happy to hear that. Guess something good will come out of it afterall. It must have been meant to be to buy that land. I know you miss your animals though. We just have to roll with the changes don't we. I am so glad you guys weren't at home when it happened. What started it?

Yeah, that ole fart gave it to me good for months, I wish we could have all made ammends way back when. But I was glad he warmed up to us bird threaders he started out hating so much. He really was a hoot. Don't know if he got bad news to prompt it or just got in the holiday spirit. We really had fun with him the last couple months he was posting. You would of enjoyed it. Him and AW had a lot in common and had many interesting posts about back in the day. lol
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#85876 Feb 13, 2013
This sounds like something you'd expect to find in the bluegrass state, but in Oklahoma, investigators found a mini meth lab inside a porta-potty in a golf course. I guess being in there for six hours while the waiting line screamed "I gotta go" caused some suspicion.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#85877 Feb 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>I think the chill in the air and the rain coming has caused the ones outside to fly away.Couple in Conn. married for 80 years! Talk about a lifetime:) On a sad note, SARS like symptoms have been linked to around 11 deaths in the UK.
Wow. That's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Spartan family Christmas poem 28 min rick 12
boogardly 37 min Shepherdsville di... 1
New Shepherdsville Walmart hiring 300 people 38 min spartan 6
Police arrest seven people on drug charges at F... 17 hr bill 2
lump of coal Thu makinalistcheckin... 1
bed bugs Dec 18 amber 1
bradley jones sr Dec 18 lol 29
Fairdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web