Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#82390 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
a 10 round magazine will surely hamper the Hollywood Movie industry.
They would really look fake then. Lol

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#82391 Jan 16, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
For lala, this is absolutely adorable. I would love to have that cat. Use to have a solid white one. Snowball..lol The second video with the door is cute too, but the featured one is the best.
Introducing the Smartest Cat Alive
Kido's first shell game is proof that animals are geniuses too. And he's even captured that cool swagger of magicians, not even impressed with his own brillance.
http://news.yahoo.com/introducing-smartest-ca...
He's smart and cute, but I have one that looks just like him and she brings me money that my husband dropped or left in his pants. I'm thinking about sending her out on the road to be a "cat burgler."

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82392 Jan 16, 2013
rapid fire wrote:
rapidfarter lol, that sounds like more than ten rounds. well anyway, theyr not getting mine. unless they commit the same crime and put bullets in me !!!
I wonder if I will have to register my toosh pooter shooter with the local Sheriffs office and the Feds too? They ain't gettin' my pooter shooter either. The methane war will be on. LOL.

Location hidden

#82393 Jan 16, 2013
W KY Girl wrote:
...23 Executive Actions today!
We're supposed to have a president, not a king. There are times when executive orders are appropriate, but this is not one of them.. We have 3 branches of government for a good reason, so that we would have a system of checks and balances. The 10 year ban on assault weapons had no effect on crime. That's why is was thrown out. I do not personally want an assault weapon, but it is the principle. The President took an oath of office to preserve and follow the Constitution. Riding rough shod over Congress may be viewed as insurrection and treason.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82394 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shooting a buzzard" was a metaphor. I'm extremely pissed off, that's it in a nutshell. I have no criminal background and no felonies. No mental conditions that would flag me and there is nothing that would have kept me from owning ANOTHER firearm. Nothing kept me from buying one 6 months ago. Nothing kept me from buying a couple last year. So WHY now?
The only thing I can think of is that they keyed in the wrong numbers or read them off wrong. The check line was so backed up that I waited there for what felt like an hour just waiting for the call to go through in the first place. I'm going back up there tomorrow to see what they tell me. From what I understand, if you're denied a firearm, they are required to give you the reason. Believe it, I'm highly interested in finding out what that reason is.... This has never happened before, so what steps I should take are a mystery. I do intend to get to the bottom of it though.
Going back and finding out why is the best idea. There could have been a break down in communication of numbers on your Driver license etc. All I am saying here is, that under present Ky laws something isn't right. I would want to know also.

Location hidden

#82395 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a problem with buying a handgun under present Ky. laws the problem is with you. Truthfully I think your head is someplace rather than in the sand. If I'm not badly mistaken, shooting a Buzzard is a felony. Do I need to mention mentality again? I would almost guarantee I can go to my local gunshop and have the weapon of my choice and be back home in less than an hour. I can sure call them and find out for 100% accuracy.
Una, you have no idea about what is happening. Executive order does not need to be presented to law makers. That is the point. It is immediate and binding. If we lose one liberty, we lose them all. Federal law trumps state law.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#82396 Jan 16, 2013
Listen, Una. I DID ask what the problem was before I left the shop. If you want me to give you a blow by blow of every second I spent in the shop, I'll do my damnedest to oblige. However, that's ridiculous.

I'm telling you that I walked in, looked around, saw one I liked after I looked it over through the glass counter, finally got the attention of one of the workers there, filled out the required paperwork, waited forever for a result, got none, was told that the check line was backed up due to overload,(DUH as if I didn't expect that or a longer than normal wait), was told it could not be granted yesterday, was not given a reason, and the end result is that I walked out empty handed. And I was not told that I had to wait three days for my handgun. I've NEVER been told that I had to wait for three days for any of my gun purchases. NEVER.

I'll also insert that beings as, once again they saw a mere FEMALE walked in to look at the firearms, I was ignored while two people who walked up after I did, MALE customers mind you, were waited on first... That in itself is also something I've grown accustomed to around here. Bias against a woman in a gun shop seems to be the norm.

So yes, you can bet your sweet ass there is something wrong with this picture! And I dare say that had it been YOU this had happened to, you'd be a slight bit pissed off as well. We'd never hear the last of it either for that matter, had it been YOU.

I also dare say that no one would be so ignorant as to call YOU a liar. The rest of us aren't habitually that rude to others on here.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82397 Jan 16, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
a 10 round magazine will surely hamper the beeHollywood Movie industry.
this country is headed back to the wild west days,when we have to pack a pistol with us every where we go...gues we'll watch some good westerns again!! or if it gets much worse,it might be cave men! HA ha UGG ?

Location hidden

#82398 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shooting a buzzard" was a metaphor. I'm extremely pissed off, that's it in a nutshell. I have no criminal background and no felonies. No mental conditions that would flag me and there is nothing that would have kept me from owning ANOTHER firearm. Nothing kept me from buying one 6 months ago. Nothing kept me from buying a couple last year. So WHY now?
The only thing I can think of is that they keyed in the wrong numbers or read them off wrong. The check line was so backed up that I waited there for what felt like an hour just waiting for the call to go through in the first place. I'm going back up there tomorrow to see what they tell me. From what I understand, if you're denied a firearm, they are required to give you the reason. Believe it, I'm highly interested in finding out what that reason is.... This has never happened before, so what steps I should take are a mystery. I do intend to get to the bottom of it though.
When you get to the bottom of this, please let us know. After losing 2nd amendments rights, loss of 1`st amendments will follow.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82399 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
We're supposed to have a president, not a king. There are times when executive orders are appropriate, but this is not one of them.. We have 3 branches of government for a good reason, so that we would have a system of checks and balances. The 10 year ban on assault weapons had no effect on crime. That's why is was thrown out. I do not personally want an assault weapon, but it is the principle. The President took an oath of office to preserve and follow the Constitution. Riding rough shod over Congress may be viewed as insurrection and treason.
I agree lala. None of these bannings have ever cut down on crime and never will. The presidents two daughters have armed Secret Service with them at school(so I have read), imagine that. The citizens will fight if the attempt is made to disarm them. There is also many of the military that call themselves oath keepers that took their oath to defend the constitution seriously and will not obey command officers to take away guns from law abiding citizens.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82400 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
right-on there la la, lets take our country back. yippy ki yea ?

Location hidden

#82401 Jan 16, 2013
I'm going to put this "Nope's firearm purchase/denial" issue to rest for a few hours..

I'm headed up to the gun shop right now. As I've sat here sipping my coffee, decaf mind you, and been called an outright liar by our most contentious and polite user of all time, I've gotten more perturbed by the comment. I want to know what the hell is going on and why I was sent away. I would assume that they will be able to tell me the exact reason behind it beings as they are the very people who get the "yea or nay" on these sales...

I'll update when I get back home.

I had one very dire thought: I pray that I don't discover through any offered explanation that someone has stolen my ID. If that WERE the case in question, I'm sure an officer have knocked on my door by this time to arrest me if a felony has occurred and there is a warrant or some such nonsense out for my arrest..

If my ID has been compromised, this could turn into a pure nightmare.. And a costly one.

Later, folks. Wish me luck.

Location hidden

#82402 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get to the bottom of this, please let us know. After losing 2nd amendments rights, loss of 1`st amendments will follow.
Thank you, Lala. I will do just that. I only just saw your comment after I placed mine.

I appreciate your politeness. Seems to be awfully hard for 'some' to show any of that these days.

I'm off to check it out. Hopefully, there was a mistake made on my informational input into the 'system'.... This is beyond absurd.

_-_Nope_-_

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82403 Jan 16, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Listen, Una. I DID ask what the problem was before I left the shop. If you want me to give you a blow by blow of every second I spent in the shop, I'll do my damnedest to oblige. However, that's ridiculous.
I'm telling you that I walked in, looked around, saw one I liked after I looked it over through the glass counter, finally got the attention of one of the workers there, filled out the required paperwork, waited forever for a result, got none, was told that the check line was backed up due to overload,(DUH as if I didn't expect that or a longer than normal wait), was told it could not be granted yesterday, was not given a reason, and the end result is that I walked out empty handed. And I was not told that I had to wait three days for my handgun. I've NEVER been told that I had to wait for three days for any of my gun purchases. NEVER.
I'll also insert that beings as, once again they saw a mere FEMALE walked in to look at the firearms, I was ignored while two people who walked up after I did, MALE customers mind you, were waited on first... That in itself is also something I've grown accustomed to around here. Bias against a woman in a gun shop seems to be the norm.
So yes, you can bet your sweet ass there is something wrong with this picture! And I dare say that had it been YOU this had happened to, you'd be a slight bit pissed off as well. We'd never hear the last of it either for that matter, had it been YOU.
I also dare say that no one would be so ignorant as to call YOU a liar. The rest of us aren't habitually that rude to others on here.
Actually, I could care less what went on in the shop, you brought it up, not I.

Call it rude if you like. You asked if I thought you lied. I gave you an answer, just one you didn't like. Had you rather I lied to you?

You are explaining yourself better as you go. You walked into that shop expecting them to turn flips to wait on you, they didn't. You got PO'd just like you are right now because they didn't kiss your butt. The best thing would have been to have walked out of that shop then and never went back if you didn't like the service. You do the very same thing on this thread. This thread has run smoothly all day until you showed up. You asked, if you don't want to know, don't ask. No Topix rule say's I have to like you, although most of the time I avoid you for that reason.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82404 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously you're right, but instead of a king, it's more or most-like a dictaitorship. but instead of one king,we have a several,and they live on wall street in a very fine castle. how ironic is that? this country is in debt deeply because we have spent money and lives, fighting dictaitors in other parts of the world whylst our GOV dictaits our every move.
rapid fire

Corbin, KY

#82406 Jan 16, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
amen

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#82408 Jan 16, 2013
AW, where's Sybil? The conspiracy theories are running wild today. I'm afraid they are going to consficate my 45,000 rounds of pinto beans.

Location hidden

#82409 Jan 16, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree lala. None of these bannings have ever cut down on crime and never will. The presidents two daughters have armed Secret Service with them at school(so I have read), imagine that. The citizens will fight if the attempt is made to disarm them. There is also many of the military that call themselves oath keepers that took their oath to defend the constitution seriously and will not obey command officers to take away guns from law abiding citizens.
This is the way I see it shaking down.The administration does now want a civil war. There will some bans on assault weapons, tighter control on registration, etc. There will be a compromise initially. Then they will wait....and wait...and wait...... until there is some kind of crisis. There will be another shooting, a natural disaster, something big. Then the President will say I have no choice...and I do think there will be an attempt to confiscate weapons.

When that day comes, I will not fight. I will tell officers who come to take my weapons that I do not chose to relinquish them, based on my second amendment rights. If they insist, I will tell them to arrest me and give me my day in court. If millions of gun owners used this tactic, the jails would be overflowing and the court system clogged. We will win the argument if we follow this strategy.
The people who fight will lose, and be demonized as crazy gun owners. A few might get killed, and then others will just roll over. If there is an uprising, there will be martial law, and under martial law, you must relinquish your weapons if told to. We can win any battle using passive-aggressive behavior.(That means being a pain in the azz, but offering no resistance). Look what happened at Waco, and Ruby Ridge. The government has no qualms to kill potentially "dangerous" people. Just watch and wait. This scenario may take years to unfold, but it will happen if you let it, or give in to active aggression, just to make a bold, but futile statement that you are right.

Location hidden

#82410 Jan 16, 2013
rapid fire wrote:
<quoted text> this country is headed back to the wild west days,when we have to pack a pistol with us every where we go...gues we'll watch some good westerns again!! or if it gets much worse,it might be cave men! HA ha UGG ?
Hahaha...always a different, but correct slant on things. I hope it doesn't regress to the "UGG" stage. Wild west sounds more interesting.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#82411 Jan 16, 2013
Wow, we turned political site again. Ugh. I am amazed that "Nope" was refused, not that she was treated like a second class citizen in a gun shop, that she left any paperwork there at all and left the store without demanding to know why her rights were being denied. Not that I want to discuss the political gun scare scenario so rampid right now, I seen an article that made me wonder, as I do not know a lot about the NRA, or am I a member. It was interesting if it is true.

Also, I wonder if people will remember President Reagan putting the ban on assault weapons and NO ONE came to take your guns then. All this debate has done is make the gun stores and makers smile. Maybe, in the end when people buy all the guns they can we will be asked to use them on the terrorist invading our country or something like that. You never know. I think there will be more people with guns than people trying to take them away. It is a way of life in American history. I think panic and paranoia is a bit much. I don't think anyone is going to come get my guns. They are legal handguns, a rifle, and a shotgun left to me, obtained legally, never used in a crime, target shooting only, and in no way shape or form would they be considered "assault weapons". A friend posted this on their facebook page:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Keith and devin Haney child molesters in... 7 hr Gina 11
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 10 hr Go back to europe 13
News Mishandled 911 calls lead to enhanced Bullitt C... (Aug '14) 11 hr joe doe 6
Adam Edelen and his career as a corrupt, Self-S... 17 hr Edelen 1
tail gating drivers 18 hr bserious 8
Brandy marler 18 hr Marler family 1
Brown -Forman 20 hr Oakedtodeath 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairdale Mortgages