Man Found Dead in College Park

Man Found Dead in College Park

There are 27 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Man Found Dead in College Park. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

College Park Police are searching for suspects in an overnight murder. Mark Anthony Martin Sr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rich

Norcross, GA

#1 Feb 24, 2008
This is terrible. As a former resident of College Park, it's sad to hear about what has happened to that area.
Disappointed

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2008
If the City councilmen for that area were not so arrogant, that area would probably be better off, because that complex wouldn't be there. The airport was going to buy it, but because they were scared of losing votes (black votes) they would not let the sale go through.
Disappointed

United States

#4 Feb 24, 2008
Shocking wrote:
And in such an otherwise polite neighborhood.
There were three other complexs involved, and it could have led to open land to entice businesses to come back to the area.
Bret

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 24, 2008
What's the name of the apt. on Godby Road? Anyone know?
GRoad

Atlanta, GA

#13 Feb 25, 2008
His name is Mark, He is a young friend of mine. He was visiting 2 friends that he had known for years. One of those two set him up for a known stickup kid from the area. The complex use to be called Godby Crossing then Ashton Chase and now Turnberry Place.

Mark was initially on his way to baby sit his 4 month old daughter, his girl was to leave for work at 6am so he stopped by his "boyz" crib.

We will be having a candle light vigil for Mark Tommorow night at 6:30 pm. in the complex where his life was taken.
GROAD

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 26, 2008
jbm wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sad state of affairs. As they say you live a certain way and certain things happen. I wonder how many other "babies" this POS had that he was not paying child support to the moma. I said this was a win/win for the taxpayers of the State. Now Mark want be making anymore welfare babies or furture criminals.
Oh and by the way I was correct in my earlier post comment.
THERE IS NO WELFARE AND HANDOUTS FOR THIS KID, HE WAS A GOOD FATHER. JUST NO YOUR JUDGMENT OF OTHERS WILL BE THE JUDGMENT U FACE.
Uncle Rick

Evans, GA

#17 Feb 26, 2008
As i sit here trying to put some words to gather, with a heavy heart just knowing that my little nephew life was just beginning. But though it ALL WE THANK YOU GOD FOR THE TIME that we shared
AFriend

Atlanta, GA

#18 Feb 26, 2008
I work with the young lady mentioned and Mark was a good, caring dad. He watched and supported both of them. I am sad that a life had to be taken at such a young age. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family.
TeeTee

Buford, GA

#19 Feb 27, 2008
God is good all the time, all the time God is good. My nephew was a good and caring young man and he knew the God way of life, he grew up in church all his life. He was a GOOD father to his daughter, she changed his life for the good, we all have made some bad decissions in life, when you can talk to God and hear him tell you how to get back on the right path is when you have been BLESSED, My nephew is BLESSED.
NIKKI

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Feb 27, 2008
MARK WAS A GOOD PERSON AND TO THINK THAT HE IS GONE I AM FINDING IT HARD TO SWALLOW I TALKED TO HIM SAT MORNING ABOUT WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO FOR HIS BIRTHDAY THAT WAS COMING UP. I WAS ON MY WAY TO HIS HOUSE WHEN I GOT THE CALL FROM HIS AUNTI MY MOTHER IN LAW WHEN SHE TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN.. HE WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED AND MY CONDOLANCES TO THE ENTIRE FAMILEY AND EVERYBODY WHO KNEW HIM.. REST IN PEACE MARK ANTHONY MARTIN JR AKA SCOOT I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU... LOVE NIKKI & ZAVION MWAKASEGE
Nyjarra

Woodstock, GA

#21 Mar 1, 2008
Mark was a very good man i didn't no him very well but he was my cousin boyfriend and my little cousin father and i no that he took very good care of them and loved them to death thank you for being a great dad to my lil cousin and treated her mom like a queen you will be missed and may you rest in peace..The good die young, but everyone you came in contact with you always left a good impression....r.i.p.Mark.....L ove always Nyjarra....
jay67lov

Woodstock, GA

#22 Mar 4, 2008
jbm wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sad state of affairs. As they say you live a certain way and certain things happen. I wonder how many other "babies" this POS had that he was not paying child support to the moma. I said this was a win/win for the taxpayers of the State. Now Mark want be making anymore welfare babies or furture criminals.
Oh and by the way I was correct in my earlier post comment.
why judge a man by the way he died mark took care his daughter and his girl did not need child support his girl work. It's a shame klans men don't stay in there place. Just keep your racist words off this site and respect the dead and his memory. The respected friends and family of Markanthony martin Jr. will pray for you.
mslisa

Woodstock, GA

#23 Mar 4, 2008
I had the liberty of seeing Mark at his best. He was a gentleman. I'm his fiancee's mother. He respected my daughter and was a sincere father to my granddaughter once we heard the news of his death, I cried that my granddaughter and daughters time with him was cut short with sharing their lives with him. I also celebrated that his good heart did not suffer. I too LOVE you mark and feel blessed that my baby had one of the best in her life.
HIS CUTTY

Waco, TX

#24 Mar 21, 2008
I HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO KILLED MY COUSIN GET THE THE ELECTRIC CHAIR THERE WAS NO REASON FOR WHAT THOSE BASTERS DID TO HIM THROW THE BOOK AT THE BASTERS
HIS CUTTY TINA FROM TEXAS

Waco, TX

#25 Mar 21, 2008
GROAD wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS NO WELFARE AND HANDOUTS FOR THIS KID, HE WAS A GOOD FATHER. JUST NO YOUR JUDGMENT OF OTHERS WILL BE THE JUDGMENT U FACE.
U DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING THAT IS MY COUSIN AND THERE IS NO WIN WIN SITUATION HERE WE LOST A FAMILY MEMBER AND THE CHILDREN LOST A FARTHER NOT A SPERM DORNER AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO IMPLY BUT A FATHER A DAD SOMETHING YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. JUST BECAUSE YOUR FARTHER WASN'T THERE FOR YOU DON'T MEAN HE WAS THERE FOR HIS KIDS BECAUSE HE WAS. SO KNOW YOUR FACTS (YOU DO KNOW WHAT THAT IS DON'T YOU? IT'S THE OPPOSITE OF AN OPION!!!) BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF YOURSELF LIKE NOW
HIS CUTTY TINA FROM TEXAS

United States

#26 Mar 21, 2008
HIS CUTTY wrote:
I HOPE THE PEOPLE WHO KILLED MY COUSIN GET THE THE ELECTRIC CHAIR THERE WAS NO REASON FOR WHAT THOSE BASTERS DID TO HIM THROW THE BOOK AT THE BASTERS
I LOVE YOU CUTTY MAY YOU REST IN PEACE
Cyndi

Covington, GA

#27 Mar 21, 2008
I'm glad to here that he was there for his child and her mother because in this day and age that is so rare! Don't ever let that child forget her father. He sounded like a very worthwhile person to know and it is a shame how he died. I hope they catch the person that pulled the trigger and anybody else involved.
LAdy Tee

United States

#28 Mar 25, 2008
I only knew Mark through his girl, he was very respectful and kept his family happy.He did every thing he could to keep his home happy no matter what and when his daughter came into this world he bent over backwards and always wanted his daughter around and was proud of his beautiful daughter.his fiancee and daughter will never go without anything beacause they have family and friends who loved them.We are all honest working people, and MR.Mark Martin will be greatly missed and love but he is now in a better place looking over all of his love ones!!!
THE TRUTH

Dallas, GA

#29 Jun 6, 2008
Although people say Mark was set up he really wasn't set up " TONY " loved Mark. That was was on his bestfriends he knew Marks whole family and Mark knew his whole family. I have seen them together chillin in Lil D nd Tony apartment Mark was there every night with woodie smokeing weed. SEE... people only say the good things about you when you past, but they should remember you " FOR YOU AND ALL YOUR WRONG DOINGS" Mark sold drugs and had aLOT OF MONEY !!! BUT... So did Tony And Lil D ( they also had 9 to 5's) I grew up with these boys they never been the type to set someone up to get robbed not even there worst enemies. "DRO" the killer who was a friend of lil D's not "Tony" is a well known stick up kid! why u think he left and ran to fld. The other dude runny was the main man in this murder him an DRO and some female ( a Junkie) had already planned to rob Skoot. Skoot was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Runny came to their house looking for Skoot as if they just wanted to chill and smoke. All long he knew what he brought DRO over there to do. I HOPE THE REAL STORY COMES OUT IN TRAIL!!!!! B-cuz god knows Tony loved skoot and would never try to hurt him. People are just lettin the police put things in there mind. but if u really wanna kno the truth the police don't know shit either.
Ms Lisa

Greensboro, NC

#30 Apr 23, 2010
Thanks for your unneeded input! First of all it makes no difference what he did during his lifetime no one needs to die or be killed by betraying friends. Let's state the facts since your such a street mother------! The game is called "Get money". After Mark died I heard alot of stories about how he never let his ego or money status change his compassion for people no matter what their position was in life and he never tried to take anything from anyone, he earned his keep partner......! So before u decide to post your cry for your little friends inoccents tell him to sing it to 12(NY SLANG FOR POLICE)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edward Ray Sharpe Jr (Feb '13) Jul 17 Concerned in TEXAS 8
News Fairburn child wins trip to White House Jul 1 Whitey 1
News Murder in Peachtree City (Jul '08) Jun '15 Walker 12
Nalley family Jun '15 MagnoliaWine 1
News 19-year-old dead and four other teens injured a... Jun '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Looking for lost twin brothers. May '15 Shirley 1
Will the Truth Ever Be Known? May '15 vincent john ward 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairburn Mortgages