Springboro treasurer resigns after 3 months

Nov 3, 2010 Full story: Dayton Daily News 20

A day after a fifth consecutive levy defeat, Springboro school district's new treasurer announced his resignation.

Full Story
Riderdiablo

Cardington, OH

#1 Nov 4, 2010
Perhaps it was because he was asked to place unsupportable financial numbers in the forecast to reflect a stronger case for the levy than there really was? Sounds way too coincidental on the timing.
stating the obvious

Dayton, OH

#2 Nov 4, 2010
Riderdiablo wrote:
Perhaps it was because he was asked to place unsupportable financial numbers in the forecast to reflect a stronger case for the levy than there really was? Sounds way too coincidental on the timing.
Or PERHAPS he was fed up with the micro-managing BOE member(s)! Just like the last treasurer...he said the Board was difficult to work for. Now this one says the same thing! Notice a pattern here, Sherlock?!
Riderdiablo

Cardington, OH

#3 Nov 4, 2010
Hey Sherlock, I thing you just said the same thing as me here! Re-read it. "Micro managing" board members ask/demand unsustainable numbers to be placed in the forecast?
truth

Piqua, OH

#4 Nov 4, 2010
or perhaps kohls ran him off....wht not ask her? It's her badge of honor to run off two treasurers in four months. This lady is bad news
ClueLess

Germantown, OH

#5 Nov 4, 2010
Kohls - her rudeness, arrogance, imcompetence, etc. is to blame. Beavers was a good treasurer and in good standing. Sad to see him go and Kohls stay!
Is this teacher chat

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Nov 4, 2010
Where can I get some of that hatefull koolaide?

Since: Nov 10

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Nov 4, 2010
ClueLess wrote:
Kohls - her rudeness, arrogance, imcompetence, etc. is to blame. Beavers was a good treasurer and in good standing. Sad to see him go and Kohls stay!
OK no body believes this. He was out of his league. You can not submit false information to Kohls and have her rubber stamp it. Maybe that is the problem, but if so you go girl.
Where are the questions from the other board members? Do they even care or is the rubber stamp stuck to their hands?
truth

Piqua, OH

#8 Nov 4, 2010
mikey mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
OK no body believes this. He was out of his league. You can not submit false information to Kohls and have her rubber stamp it. Maybe that is the problem, but if so you go girl.
Where are the questions from the other board members? Do they even care or is the rubber stamp stuck to their hands?
keep trying to smear him and change the subject. Kohls ran him off!
Riderdiablo

Cardington, OH

#9 Nov 4, 2010
You have issues truth... Kohls is the greatest!!!!! You, are delusional
useless

Piqua, OH

#10 Nov 4, 2010
Riderdiablo wrote:
You have issues truth... Kohls is the greatest!!!!! You, are delusional
kohls=parise=useless=recall

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Nov 4, 2010
useless wrote:
<quoted text>
kohls=parise=useless=recall
you have an appropriate name...you truly are useless..name caller with no solutions
Big Oops

Springboro, OH

#12 Nov 5, 2010
John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
you have an appropriate name...you truly are useless..name caller with no solutions
And what are your solutions to anything John? Didn't see much while you were on Council. And certainly don't see any now. All you do is harp on perceived problems - with no solutions.
The Reason

Dayton, OH

#13 Nov 5, 2010
Of course Kohls was trying to micromanage him. She wanted him to change budget forecasts to reflect her narrow political agenda. No wonder her home is in foreclosure. The Warren County Ohio Clerk of Courts website shows that she three different banks with mortgages!! Her house cost a little under $1,000,000 and she took out multiple mortgages? No wonder she wants to screw the treasurer and the community. Misery loves company. She needs to resign.

at http://www.co.warren.oh.us/clerkofcourt/searc...
The reason for seasoning

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Nov 5, 2010
I see little miss gaby is at it again. Verbal raping people again. Sick little weasel she is.
sick in springboro

Dayton, OH

#15 Nov 8, 2010
Shame on Mr. Beavers, not Kelly Kohls. He took this job knowing we had four failed levies and community tensions. I guess he just wasn't up to WORKING for his 100K+ salary! We as a community need to make these people accountable!!!! Your blame is misdirected.
Feste Ainoriba

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Nov 8, 2010
Kelly Kohls is not the source of the divisiveness. The divisiveness was drawn by the previous Board and Superintendent when they used busing as a stick to try to bend public will to their pleasure. Instead of minimizing the direct consequences to the parents, they chose instead to hit us where it hurt us the most. Instead of trimming gold-plated benefit packages, increasing class sizes, and cutting administrative positions, they told parents, "if you don't vote for the levy, we will cut the things that most directly impact you...the things that you care about the most: busing."

Kelly Kohls was the community response to BOE and District arrogance and their manifested callous disregard of the community's expressed interests.

The Board and District need to be disabused of the notion that the taxpayers work for them, and Kelly was elected by taxpayers to carry that message. Any divisiveness is the direct result of the Board and District absolute refusal to accept the repeated message that the voters (not Kohls) keeps sending them: "Live within your current budget!" In their tone deafness, they keep coming back with bigger and BIGGER and BIIGGGEERRR levy proposals.

Of course there is a spirit of divisiveness, and it will continue until the BOE and Superintendent chose to bend their wills to the voice of the people and live within their budget. It is a refusal to accept the voters' manifest will that is the root cause of any divisiveness, not Kelly Kohls.
Little Miami example

Dayton, OH

#17 Nov 8, 2010
I found the DDN article in Sundays paper about Little Miami very interesting.

After failing multiple levies (5) the state came in and took over. The state closed schools, the state eliminated all HS busing and all busing within 2 miles, the state laid off teachers (making elementary classes in the 30's) and cut specials (art, music and PE in grades K-5)

Springboro has closed JW, eliminated HS busing (and 2 mile radius busing for a short time--which made many very unhappy), and has not hired teachers, resulting in elementary classes in the 30's.

We in Boro are heading in the same direction! If the state takes over, they will almost surely eliminate the 2 mile radius busing again, and there will be NOTHING anyone can do about it. No amount of protests by parents will help. The district will have NO power to change it.

And is it really OK to eliminate specials from grades K-5? Most educators will agree these classes are important to growing minds. We should be offering more than state minimums!

The state will decide everything, not Springboro residents. We need to fix this ourselves. The state will not be able to wave some magic wand and fix things! We need to retain control of our schools. And the mission of schools is to provide an education for its students. Springboro needs to step up and educate its students. We need to maintain our excellence!
Just dont get it

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Nov 9, 2010
This is all due to Columbus not paying attention to the funding problem for over 10 years now. I would suggest that NFSS and other levy groups start putting the energy into a large lobby group and take on Columbus. But I can see that won't happen do to it being "too hard". Always take the easy way out and stick it to the property owners who now pay 68 to 72 cents of every tax dollar on schools.
Gerald

AOL

#19 Nov 9, 2010
The treasurer left because the teachers are tearing the district to shreads. Their ilk perform the same in every district. Some of you might attend a few board meetings in other districts. I have done so. The same behavior is exhibited in every district. They shout down any citizen that tries to speak, that is unless they are mouthpieces for the union.
Dr. Kohls is the first person in the history of the district that has been able to stand up to the bullies. I must say she maintains her dignity and stays totally on point. I have never seen her rude to anyone. In fact, there are few people that could stand up to the destructive and very vocal demands exhibited by many teachers. She is an extremely brave person and (I am told) has been subjected to many threats. Springboro is very lucky to have her represent them on the board. She is the only board member that has ever been able to vote NO to put another levy demand on the ballot. She went through the financial reports and made her decision. The other four did not bother to do the same homework.
The non-passage of the levy will not stop the other four (union picked) board members. There will be another levy to fight in the very near future.
Gerald

AOL

#20 Nov 9, 2010
By the way, do you all know that the board and many employees are luxuriating at the Hyatt in Columbus at your expense?

Did you know that Dr. Kohls is not staying at the Hyatt in order to save the district that expense?

Scott Anderson was bragging about enjoying staying at the Hyatt on Suday. I wonder if he is paying the expense himself or are we paying his way, one more time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Joan Dautel as Mayor? (May '12) Feb 25 Happy Citizen 3
zurial Payne you are not the father Feb 13 erica 1
No indictment in Ohio Wal-Mart shooting Dec '14 HighSchoolCops Di... 3
Ferguson creates talking points in Dayton Dec '14 Akingu 2
Anyone know Chris Day? Dec '14 curiousgeorgina 1
where is a good barber shop Nov '14 frank butler 1
Riverside police chief's wife arrested on shopl... (Feb '09) Nov '14 TruthBeTold 4
Fairborn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fairborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:32PM
Browns, QB McCown Reach 3-Year Deal
ESPN 3:33 PM