Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#33352 Aug 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had all that SS money I and my employers contributed. I would have invested it (unlike our government) and probably could have had an early retirement.
At least there wouldn't be an IOU in a West Virginia vault for your portion or mine! lol
Canton

Canton, OH

#33353 Aug 29, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Then how about you & your friends start paying your $140,000 + portion of the debt? Congress will give you a receipt when you are done.
What does that even mean? It's no wonder we basically pass you back and forth on here like we were baby sitting someone's slightly retarded pet for the week end. Anyone want to take this loaded diaper for awhile? I'm tired of explaining simple realities and the difference between Tea Bagger emailed news letters and the truth to this faded 1950s GOP propaganda flyer, stuck to the gullible walker leg of an all white, Mayberry for Jesus, senility vision. It's bed time for you, Bonzo.
Canton

Canton, OH

#33354 Aug 29, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
At least there wouldn't be an IOU in a West Virginia vault for your portion or mine! lol
Derp derp derp suck that government teat. Your ass would have been sunk if you had privately invested your SS back when your golden boy GW sunk the entire economy and the stock market crashed. Don't worry. The stock market was setting records just today under the president I voted for. You? Not so much. Get it right, oatmeal gumming fool. Chase them down with some facts from Canton.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33355 Aug 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I had all that SS money I and my employers contributed. I would have invested it (unlike our government) and probably could have had an early retirement.
Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda. That's a very compelling sob story.

Except, I had those same deductions, and I did invest some of my money, even when there wasn't very much of it. I did pretty well, and I was able to retire.

Maybe you would be wise to listen to me, and respect my council. I don't hate you. I would like to see you have a better life. Your lack of health insurance could really hurt you, and the moment it will strike is unpredictable.

I know you hate Obama. Hang in there, he will soon be gone.(And then you can work on fun nicknames for Hillary!) But you always have to look out for #1. Don't "cut off your nose to spite your face " (as some folks used to say in the 20th Century.)

"...self-destructive actions motivated purely by anger or desire for revenge. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33356 Aug 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda. That's a very compelling sob story.
Except, I had those same deductions, and I did invest some of my money, even when there wasn't very much of it. I did pretty well, and I was able to retire.
Maybe you would be wise to listen to me, and respect my council. I don't hate you. I would like to see you have a better life. Your lack of health insurance could really hurt you, and the moment it will strike is unpredictable.
I know you hate Obama. Hang in there, he will soon be gone.(And then you can work on fun nicknames for Hillary!) But you always have to look out for #1. Don't "cut off your nose to spite your face " (as some folks used to say in the 20th Century.)
"...self-destructive actions motivated purely by anger or desire for revenge. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_off_the_...
I do have a retirement account that my employer started for us nearly 20 years ago and it's doing quite well. He contributes 10% of our gross and we have the option to contribute up to 6% of our own money.

That's how I know SS is a failure and if left to the individual, would be much more profitable.

Healthcare? How does one pay for something they simply cannot afford? With all this talk about Commie Care, nobody has been able to explain that to me yet. I would like a four wheel drive pickup truck with a snow plow on front, but even that's cheaper than a healthcare plan per month. You can't buy something you can't afford unless you go into severe debt. Is that the Democrat solution to our healthcare problem? With friends like that, who needs enemies?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33357 Aug 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp derp derp suck that government teat. Your ass would have been sunk if you had privately invested your SS back when your golden boy GW sunk the entire economy and the stock market crashed. Don't worry. The stock market was setting records just today under the president I voted for. You? Not so much. Get it right, oatmeal gumming fool. Chase them down with some facts from Canton.
Oh, you like facts?

Well the fact is, if you invested money (like my IRA manager did) when stocks were low, you would have made a great investment since history shows that the market always recovers. Back then, it was like a two-for-one sale.

So what happened with all that SS money people contributed for generations? Well.... SS has been paying out more than they've collected during most of DumBama's administration. It will be broke before many of us retire.

But not to worry, just do as states have done and borrow it putting us further in the red. Yeah, borrow money you can never repay back. That's how private industry is so successful.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33358 Aug 29, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That is pure limpdick hero propagnda at it's finest. Brainwashed idiot.
Boy Toy, why do you bother to comment with such vapid replies? Why not just print the words out to your favorite song if you have nothing of interest to offer?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33359 Aug 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING is stopping you from getting insurance except you. Accept some responsibility for your own life. Do what every other American does, buy insurance or find a job that provides it. God, you are such a baby.
Well, if you had a job, you would realize what stupidity you offer here. So let's try this again:

What working people do you know that has an extra $500.00 every single month after all the bills are paid to spend on health insurance? I don't know of any such working people. Because responsible people would use that money to either buy things of their choice (which Communists hate) or make additional payments on their outstanding bills such as credit card debs or mortgage.

What middle-class responsible working person has outstanding debt, but has an extra $500.00 per month to pocket?

You welfare people live in your own fantasy world. Your only knowledge of the outside world is your mailbox where government puts things for you to survive.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33360 Aug 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the Tea Baggers want Social Security benefits to stop, right about the time they get their last check.
Today's GOP..."I got mine!"
So what's the right thing to do? Being forced to contribute these hundreds of thousands of dollars to a failed program, and then refuse to collect because of your objection to the system from the beginning?

Yet you support those that collect on these social programs that never contributed one dime. Can you say the word Hypocrite?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33361 Aug 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean "surrender my freedoms" like crawling on my belly for the big boss man for a company nickel an hour? No thanks. You Bible voting Tea Baggers have already handed enough of our freedoms to the Koch Brothers for now. Now about the FACT that you could easily afford insurance right now but choose to buy cigarettes instead. perhaps if you keep mindlessly repeating it, Obama will magically be to blame, instead of the obvious truth that it was the boss man who dropped your insurance. So basically, you cower like a sniveling coward dog for the big boss man, he screws you like the moron tool you really are and your racism instills you to blame our democratically elected president for it. Neat. Now us responsible taxpayers have to pay for your free loading ass ER bills because you are too lazy to get insurance. You welfare queens are always looking for someone to blame.
And just how are you paying my ER bills? I didn't know anybody contributed to my health service by sitting home all day and night posting to Topix. Tell me how that works, I may want to get a piece of that action myself so I could afford health insurance.

My cigarettes cost me around $150.00 per month. So tell us oh knowledgable one, where do I come up with the other $350.00 per month...... EVERY single month for Commie Care?

I think you and Rope-A-Pope should start your own council service. Maybe call it Unemployed Americans advisory panel for working Americans. You non-working people seem to have all the answers for us working people attacked by this loser you elected into office.

Liberal stance: "I elected an idiot, so now it's your problem."
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33362 Aug 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you had a job, you would realize what stupidity you offer here. So let's try this again:
What working people do you know that has an extra $500.00 every single month after all the bills are paid to spend on health insurance? I don't know of any such working people. Because responsible people would use that money to either buy things of their choice (which Communists hate) or make additional payments on their outstanding bills such as credit card debs or mortgage.
What middle-class responsible working person has outstanding debt, but has an extra $500.00 per month to pocket?
You welfare people live in your own fantasy world. Your only knowledge of the outside world is your mailbox where government puts things for you to survive.
You are getting frustrated and setting up your strawmen again.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33363 Aug 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how are you paying my ER bills? I didn't know anybody contributed to my health service by sitting home all day and night posting to Topix. Tell me how that works, I may want to get a piece of that action myself so I could afford health insurance.
My cigarettes cost me around $150.00 per month. So tell us oh knowledgable one, where do I come up with the other $350.00 per month...... EVERY single month for Commie Care?
I think you and Rope-A-Pope should start your own council service. Maybe call it Unemployed Americans advisory panel for working Americans. You non-working people seem to have all the answers for us working people attacked by this loser you elected into office.
Liberal stance: "I elected an idiot, so now it's your problem."
At it's highest, my premiums for a family plan have been $500. You are full of shit. You admitted before you haven't even applied for insurance. That $500 you keep crying about is pure fiction.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33364 Aug 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the Tea Baggers want Social Security benefits to stop, right about the time they get their last check.
It was the Liberal Majority(Warren Court as it was known) on the SCOTUS that ruled in 1960 in Flemming Vs Nestor you have no rights to Social Security which tells you right on the Social Security Website too called section 1104 Reservation of Power.

Supreme Court Case: Flemming vs. Nestor

The fact that workers contribute to the Social Security program's funding through a dedicated payroll tax establishes a unique connection between those tax payments and future benefits. More so than general federal income taxes can be said to establish "rights" to certain government services. This is often expressed in the idea that Social Security benefits are "an earned right." This is true enough in a moral and political sense. But like all federal entitlement programs, Congress can change the rules regarding eligibility--and it has done so many times over the years. The rules can be made more generous, or they can be made more restrictive. Benefits which are granted at one time can be withdrawn, as for example with student benefits, which were substantially scaled-back in the 1983 Amendments.

There has been a temptation throughout the program's history for some people to suppose that their FICA payroll taxes entitle them to a benefit in a legal, contractual sense. That is to say, if a person makes FICA contributions over a number of years, Congress cannot, according to this reasoning, change the rules in such a way that deprives a contributor of a promised future benefit. Under this reasoning, benefits under Social Security could probably only be increased, never decreased, if the Act could be amended at all. Congress clearly had no such limitation in mind when crafting the law. Section 1104 of the 1935 Act, entitled "RESERVATION OF POWER," specifically said: "The right to alter, amend, or repeal any provision of this Act is hereby reserved to the Congress." Even so, some have thought that this reservation was in some way unconstitutional. This is the issue finally settled by Flemming v. Nestor.

In this 1960 Supreme Court decision Nestor's denial of benefits was upheld even though he had contributed to the program for 19 years and was already receiving benefits. Under a 1954 law, Social Security benefits were denied to persons deported for, among other things, having been a member of the Communist party. Accordingly, Mr. Nestor's benefits were terminated. He appealed the termination arguing, among other claims, that promised Social Security benefits were a contract and that Congress could not renege on that contract. In its ruling, the Court rejected this argument and established the principle that entitlement to Social Security benefits is not contractual right.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/nestor.html

Location hidden

#33365 Aug 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party is for Liberalism too just not the New Left Liberalism plus they are bigots too just listen.

Tea Party Social Security Debate

Location hidden

#33366 Aug 29, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing about those IOU's in West Virgina is they are meaningless because the SCOTUS ruled in 1937 in Helvering v. Davis that Social Security taxes collected are not contributions or savings, but simply taxes, and that Social Security benefits are simply a government spending program, no different than farm & corporate subsidies besides under section 1104 of the Social Security Act of 1935 titled the Reservation of Power, Congress and the president may change, reduce, or even eliminate benefits at any time and the best thing is to eliminate Social Security all together.

Location hidden

#33367 Aug 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a retirement account that my employer started for us nearly 20 years ago and it's doing quite well. He contributes 10% of our gross and we have the option to contribute up to 6% of our own money.
That's how I know SS is a failure and if left to the individual, would be much more profitable.
Healthcare? How does one pay for something they simply cannot afford? With all this talk about Commie Care, nobody has been able to explain that to me yet. I would like a four wheel drive pickup truck with a snow plow on front, but even that's cheaper than a healthcare plan per month. You can't buy something you can't afford unless you go into severe debt. Is that the Democrat solution to our healthcare problem? With friends like that, who needs enemies?
Social Security is and was failure from the start which FDR knew but at the time Social Security worked out in the Federal Government's favor as intended and the reason is if you look back at the census records from the 1930's through the 1950's, a majority of the people never lived to reach 65 and there for never recieved Social Security and the Federal Government got to keep the money but today people are living longer and the Federal Government is having to pay out which is another reason why Social Security is in trouble and the only way to fix the problem with Social Security today is to take FDR's approach and raise the age on everyone today to 85 even the one currently getting Social Security which the Federal Government can under Section 1104 of the Social Security Act of 1935 called the Reservation of Power then the Federal Government will be able to say Social Security is working.
too sly

Eaton, OH

#33368 Aug 29, 2014
We are not liberals. We're right wing extremists.

Location hidden

#33369 Aug 29, 2014
too sly wrote:
We are not liberals. We're right wing extremists.
You Meant to say "We are not Liberals. We're Left Wing Radicals" which is how New Left Democrats like to refer to themselves.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33370 Aug 29, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>You Meant to say "We are not Liberals. We're Left Wing Radicals" which is how New Left Democrats like to refer to themselves.
Actually, it's been a very long time (about 40 years) since I'm heard anyone identify themselves as a "liberal", let alone a "left wing radical." These are very conservative times. Those labels just make easy strawmen for you to argue against. Can you give me an example of a "New Left Democrat" that labels himself as a "Left Wing Radical"?

How do you identify yourself? As a conservative Democrat? I'm still stunned that you voted for Obama twice. What didn't you like about McCain?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33371 Aug 30, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Social Security is and was failure from the start which FDR knew but at the time Social Security worked out in the Federal Government's favor as intended and the reason is if you look back at the census records from the 1930's through the 1950's, a majority of the people never lived to reach 65 and there for never recieved Social Security and the Federal Government got to keep the money but today people are living longer and the Federal Government is having to pay out which is another reason why Social Security is in trouble and the only way to fix the problem with Social Security today is to take FDR's approach and raise the age on everyone today to 85 even the one currently getting Social Security which the Federal Government can under Section 1104 of the Social Security Act of 1935 called the Reservation of Power then the Federal Government will be able to say Social Security is working.
Yes, I've heard that solution offered before. It's usually by those guys in front of a microphone in a suit or dress shirt.

But what about people that can barely make it to 65 now? Are we going to tell a bricklayer laborer that he must carry clamps of bricks and blocks up and down scaffolding until he's 68? How about a roofer or carpenter? Would you want a feeble 67 year old guy walking around on the roof of your house? Hell, I'll even use my own career here. Would you want to be the car in front of me on a snowy day when I'm hauling 45,000 lbs of freight and we have to come to a sudden stop on the freeway when I'm 68 years old? How much work can a man do on our roads and bridges at that age when it's 93 degrees outside and no shade?

There are jobs out there that can't be done safely (if at all) when you reach a certain age. Most of my relatives on my fathers side are in construction, and they will tell you how worn out their bodies are long before retirement.

The real solution to our SS and Medicare problems is to properly fund them. But that would take so much out of a paycheck for most people they would revolt and demand we end those failed programs. After all, one of the many reasons our healthcare insurance is so expensive is because government cheats our medical providers and they have to make up those losses by increasing the price on those who have healthcare insurance which of course increases the cost of premiums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any women enjoy having their shoes taken off an... Aug 28 FeetLuster 1
News Dayton-area office targets $21 billion in work ... Aug 25 The Old Cold Warrior 1
Beaver Creek band Aug 4 Ruthie 1
Clayton Helton Jul '15 Hopeful 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Fairborn, OH (Aug '10) Jul '15 Lord Joseph Wolfe 10
Anunnaki, Sumerian Religion Jul '15 Lord Joseph Wolfe 1
looking for Seronda Fairchild Jul '15 Jason 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fairborn Mortgages