Student Dies From Beating | Ohio News Now

Full story: 10TV WBNS 134
A student at Kent State University who was severely beaten last week has died at an Ohio hospital. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Sam

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 23, 2009
To the family of Christopher Kernich , I am so sorry for your loss. This is a terrible thing to do to anyone's child. I hope justice is served in this case. May God comfort and give each one of you strength to make it through these difficult times in your lives.
Its me again

Marysville, OH

#2 Nov 23, 2009
What do they mean, more charges are "possible"? Hey 10tv, got a description of the third suspect... Didn't think so...
HAYWOOD

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 23, 2009
i just wish they would use the death penelty more and faster when they find the people who done this.if they would start hanging killers for what they do this kind of thing would'nt happen so offten.
dogface

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 23, 2009
this is very hard to understand why are the youth in this country are into this type of behavior no compassion for no one except them self's. it's so disturbing what the politic system has done to our children took all the control from schools and parents and very little structure in the home today with both parents working just too end's meet .we did too get back to our basics of teaching and discipline,but the teachers in charge once more and pledge allegiance too the United States Flag study why we have the freedom that we have to day because of sacrifice it's up too them too change this culture and to set the tone
iossr

Dublin, OH

#5 Nov 23, 2009
...hopefully some "more charges" of murder...I'm so sorry...I can't even imagine.
Local Guy

Athens, OH

#6 Nov 23, 2009
What do they mean future charges may be forthcoming?

Ummm the poor kid they beat to death, actually died, no longer is it felonious assault it is now murder. In fact if I was the prosecutor I would be pushing murder 1 for all three suspects since they obviously were driving around and said "hey I'm not impregnating my third baby mama tonight and shit dawg we out of Boone's Farm and Schlicks malt so we should ride down to campus and beat some college kids to def' cuz dey iz privledged!"

Holy shit Jarome that sounds like a sick idea! Me and Kweshawn will grab the glocks and some pipes!"

Sorry they should all get the needle.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 23, 2009
dogface wrote:
this is very hard to understand why are the youth in this country are into this type of behavior no compassion for no one except them self's. it's so disturbing what the politic system has done to our children took all the control from schools and parents and very little structure in the home today with both parents working just too end's meet .we did too get back to our basics of teaching and discipline,but the teachers in charge once more and pledge allegiance too the United States Flag study why we have the freedom that we have to day because of sacrifice it's up too them too change this culture and to set the tone
Huh? What? This is written so poorly, it's hard to get the gist of what you're trying to say. One thing I DID get (about "the POLITIC (sp) system" doing something to our children and taking all control away from schools and parents? Are you kidding? What control has been taken away from parents by the political system? Parents need to exert their control over their children--has nothing to do with the political system. It is horrible that these little thug punks would come upon college students who are trying to better themselves and the world and take a young man's life--a life obviously worth way more than theirs. Prayers go out to the family and friends of this young man, and here's hoping the other suspect is caught and that these worthless individuals are charged with MURDER and brought to justice.
Oh please

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 23, 2009
dogface wrote:
Speaking of the schools, you ought to go back and take a writing course. Ever hear of spelling, using the proper form of a word, and maybe capital letters at the beginning of a sentence? Your meaning is lost because it is so badly written.
ALI

New York, NY

#9 Nov 23, 2009
dogface,

i understand what you are trying to say and i agree with you. these kids probably grew up in homes without structure, possibly without a father or a father figure.

my prayers are with the kernich family and their tragic loss. they lost a son for no other reason than that he was in a place at the wrong time. god bless.
londag

Grove City, OH

#10 Nov 23, 2009
There is only justice for the no goods, the hoodlums,and no consideration nor respect for the poor victims and their famlies. I blame the juries and the judges for that.My prayers are with the kernich family
patricia f-

Centre Hall, PA

#11 Nov 23, 2009
It's hard to believe that this could happen - Both my sons and one granddaughter graduated from there and I thought like so many others that youngsters were safe at College.
Those who have done this deserve to face murder charges and though I never used to believe in the death penalty, I have since changed my mind. Personally I don't care if they grew up in "homes without structure" or in an overindlgent atomsphere--The only way to stop this is to have those kind of penalties.
My heart litteraly aches for that young man's family and his friends. May God bless them and keep them thru these dark, dark days.
Dave

Archbold, OH

#12 Nov 23, 2009
I just want to know why. Did those who did the beating have a reason, or was just totally random? Have we degraded to the point that we're killing each other for the entertainment value? God Please Help Us All.
ashley

AOL

#14 Nov 23, 2009
what does race have to do with it a child is dead reguardless of black,white, pink or orange...seriously..they are irresponsible teenagers..color isnt important
Jeanna

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 23, 2009
It amazes me how they refer to the suspects as "Akron Men" as if they were not college students themselves at the University of Akron. R.I.P. CHRISTOPHER
c-town

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
I just want to know why. Did those who did the beating have a reason, or was just totally random? Have we degraded to the point that we're killing each other for the entertainment value? God Please Help Us All.
I was a victim twice within 5 years of random attacks with no provocation (wrong place/wrong time). Punks are simply ruthless and think their tough by doing this stuff. I almost died the first time. I wish they would just catch these kind of punks and fry them. My opinion is if they are willing to take a life, they should not have the privilege to have their own. My thoughts and prayers for the victim's family.
DrT

Grove City, OH

#17 Nov 23, 2009
It makes me sick to see what little value others have on human life. What a sad, sad, story. My heart goes out to the famiy. May Christopher rest in peace.
dewlove

Hilliard, OH

#18 Nov 23, 2009
Hi All....Wow, this is so terrible. I feel for Christopher's family and the family of the other victims too.

I have a couple of guesses to give those questioning why a description of the 3rd suspect wasn't released and what other charges are possible. The victims may not have a good description of that suspect since they were a) hit by the car first and b) then were jumped by the suspects. I doubt I could give a good description of any of the three if that happened to me. Also, the investigators are probably trying to get the two suspects they have to give them the name of the 3rd guy.

As far as other charges, c'mon people, use some common sense. The investigators need to find out if only one of the three beat Christopher and if so, which one, and then determine what to charge all three. They also need to determine motive to see if this was premeditated, a hate crime, or even some sort of hit put out on these three. Geesh, let the investigators do their job, which I'm sure they've spent countless hours doing since this crime occurred last week. If you think you can use your law enforcement credentials better than them, please apply for a position with their unit and show them how it's done. What's that you say? You don't have a law enforcement background at all?? Well then stop Monday morning quarterbacking when the investigation isn't even over. GEESH
Nickels

Walbridge, OH

#19 Nov 23, 2009
"The investigators need to find out if only one of the three beat Christopher and if so, which one, and then determine what to charge all three. They also need to determine motive to see if this was premeditated, a hate crime, or even some sort of hit put out on these three."

All three were present at the time of the attack, no one can prove one way or another who killed the poor guy so all three will be charged with murder.

As more a hate crime prosecution, it won't happen. Why? Even if the suspects who committed the crime are black and they tried to kill these college kids because they are white you can't charge them with a hate crime. Didn't your know black people can't commit hate crimes against white people. They just commit crimes. Hate crimes are reserved for charges when white people commit crimes and the victim is non-white.

As for the being a better police officer, well I happen to know my constitutional rights and most of the laws better than the majority of cops and they don't seem to like that! I can't tell you how many times I've had the misfortune of having to show a cop in the law book on the concealed carry laws.

I'll stick to my 10 years of education in medicine and pre-law and knowledge of Ohio law and give my opinion as I see fit. Unfortunately I have too high of an IQ to be a police officer.

The police officer of 20 years ago was trained differently. He was trained in problem solving and knowing when to be lenient and when a warning would suffice. The cops today are rule nazis and only let their own and friends and family have a little slack.
c-town

Columbus, OH

#20 Nov 23, 2009
Nickels wrote:
"The investigators need to find out if only one of the three beat Christopher and if so, which one, and then determine what to charge all three. They also need to determine motive to see if this was premeditated, a hate crime, or even some sort of hit put out on these three."
All three were present at the time of the attack, no one can prove one way or another who killed the poor guy so all three will be charged with murder.
As more a hate crime prosecution, it won't happen. Why? Even if the suspects who committed the crime are black and they tried to kill these college kids because they are white you can't charge them with a hate crime. Didn't your know black people can't commit hate crimes against white people. They just commit crimes. Hate crimes are reserved for charges when white people commit crimes and the victim is non-white.
As for the being a better police officer, well I happen to know my constitutional rights and most of the laws better than the majority of cops and they don't seem to like that! I can't tell you how many times I've had the misfortune of having to show a cop in the law book on the concealed carry laws.
I'll stick to my 10 years of education in medicine and pre-law and knowledge of Ohio law and give my opinion as I see fit. Unfortunately I have too high of an IQ to be a police officer.
The police officer of 20 years ago was trained differently. He was trained in problem solving and knowing when to be lenient and when a warning would suffice. The cops today are rule nazis and only let their own and friends and family have a little slack.
Wow, Thanks for the education, I was not aware of the one sided hate crimes. The pendulum has swung the other way on racism for a while now & the politically correct libs are clueless. If equality is the goal, then it should be all the way around...minus the grants, special treatment etc. Additionally,our court system sucks period. Too many repeat offenders by far. I was in court for an auto accident a couple years ago and had to wait for other cases ahead of me. I was stunned at some of these people's records. A laundry list of multiple offenses, who got little more than community service & a small fine and were still walking the streets. From Drug possession, domestic violence...you name it. Completely appalling.
G-man

Wheaton, IL

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Another case showing that thugs don't need a weapon to kill. Sadly, If I were there and defended this guy using deadly force, I'd be the one going to prison for shooting an "unarmed" thug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PUCO approves the upgrade of three rail crossin... Thu jrrd 1
Student Group Plans Ohio Statehouse Protest Oct 22 They cannot kill ... 2
No indictment in Ohio Wal-Mart shooting Sep '14 xxxrayted 2
Community reacts to grand jury's decision not t... Sep '14 Literature Lover 4
Grand jury issues no indictments in man's fatal... Sep '14 Pig Patrol 1
Sharpton urges people to vote Sep '14 X-TREME BIAS 2
MJ Moyer and Cody Cassidy Sep '14 Trisha 1

Freeze Watch for Greene County was issued at October 31 at 11:12AM EDT

Fairborn Dating
Find my Match