Might be moving to fairborn...what can I expect?

Posted in the Fairborn Forum

bulldogfan

Springfield, VA

#1 Jan 4, 2007
So I may be relocating to the Dayton area and am looking into the fairborn area. I have looked on many websites but wanted to get more of an opinion type from someone who may live there or in the area. Is it as small town but close to the big citylike as it seems on the website?
J-WVUGirl

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 5, 2007
Fairborn is about 20 minutes or so from Dayton. You are also relatively close to Columbus and Cincinnati. It is a small town and it has some very nice areas and some not so nice areas. The schools leave a bit to be desired but they are not as bad as inner city schools by far. I recently moved to Cincy from Enon which is right by Fairborn.

Since: Jan 07

Kimball

#3 Jan 9, 2007
where is enon?
fairies in fairborn

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Apr 22, 2007
look up this sweet dude named Rick Zeller on Ironwood Drive. He is so happy he's gay!!!

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#5 Jun 19, 2007
bulldogfan wrote:
So I may be relocating to the Dayton area and am looking into the fairborn area. I have looked on many websites but wanted to get more of an opinion type from someone who may live there or in the area. Is it as small town but close to the big citylike as it seems on the website?
My husband works in fairborn and we live 6 miles away in a little liberal village. Have you moved yet and in what area?
Michael

Miamisburg, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2008
I lived in Fairborn while I was a MBA student at WSU. I really liked it there.
-It has a neat downtown strip.
-The housing is very cheap (I purchased a 2500 sq ft home for $109k in decent shape in 2005). Most of the homes go for between $75k and $125k
-The property taxes are fairly low (although there is a city income tax). I don't expect the homes to appreciate much though
-It is close to WSU, the fairfeild mall area, and Dayton.
-I always felt safe in my neighborhood. Crime was never a concern.
-The schools are decent, but not great (Beavercreek's are better).
-I would happily move back there if life brought me that way.
Beth

AOL

#7 Jan 30, 2008
I have lived in Fairborn all my life and really enjoy the town. I serve on a committee downtown and I know they are working hard to constantly better the community. I am a product of Fairborn Schools as well as my children and I feel that my children are getting a great education and I did as well. A school levy recently passed so I'm sure there are great changes in store in the educational field. Fairborn is a wonderful town to live in.
Fairborn Native

Dayton, OH

#8 Feb 9, 2008
bulldogfan wrote:
I moved to Fairborn when I was 11 and my husband was born in his house in Fairborn 64 years ago. We are both college educated and never wanted to live anywhere else. Anyone that talks badly about Fairborn or their schools has never lived here. Our kids went here, and now our grandkids. If the schools struggle is because of money. Our taxes have always been low and still are after passing a levy in 2007. We couldn't pass an operating levy for 13 years and a lot of good people moved families to other districts, but not because of our teachers. They are great and we offer as much or more than anyone else. We have produced many viable graduates including Congressmen, Doctors, Lawyers, Actors, Musicians and in March we have one or our graduates as the Commander of the Space Shuttle going up. We have a great town.
emanon

Marietta, GA

#9 Feb 13, 2009
I grew up in Fairborn and could not wait to leave this very small-minded community. I have not been back since I left over 20 years ago. The only place in that area of Ohio that I would consider residing would be Yellow Springs. There you will find progressive, pro-active, forward-thinking people to be a majority of the populace. Fairborn, on the other hand, is full of folks that consider themselves to be of this make-up, but in reality are simply oblivious wannabes.
Fairborn Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved to Fairborn when I was 11 and my husband was born in his house in Fairborn 64 years ago. We are both college educated and never wanted to live anywhere else. Anyone that talks badly about Fairborn or their schools has never lived here. Our kids went here, and now our grandkids. If the schools struggle is because of money. Our taxes have always been low and still are after passing a levy in 2007. We couldn't pass an operating levy for 13 years and a lot of good people moved families to other districts, but not because of our teachers. They are great and we offer as much or more than anyone else. We have produced many viable graduates including Congressmen, Doctors, Lawyers, Actors, Musicians and in March we have one or our graduates as the Commander of the Space Shuttle going up. We have a great town.
fed up

Troy, OH

#10 Jun 5, 2013
Not a bad place,most people have been quite friendly.love the library..just expect those stupid energy solicitors beating,mind you not knocking on your door over and over.even after you have told them no.or like my neighbor who has told them he is on pip 3 Times all ready,and they were beating on our doors again.does anyone know who we can report this to?I'm sorry didn't mean to go on about that..lol.other than that I've enjoyed living here.
NOOSE

United States

#11 Aug 5, 2013
They closed route 444 which was a major road thru the downtown section because of the base. Now that part of downtown is drying up and blowing away because of lack of traffic and business. Section 8 housing is becoming more and more prevalent. In a few years the druggies and welfare creatures will take over.

It will be as bad as downtown Springfield!
hello

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Sep 5, 2013
NOOSE wrote:
They closed route 444 which was a major road thru the downtown section because of the base. Now that part of downtown is drying up and blowing away because of lack of traffic and business. Section 8 housing is becoming more and more prevalent. In a few years the druggies and welfare creatures will take over.
It will be as bad as downtown Springfield!
it already is..those appts are slums,saw people in protective gear doing something at one of them as I drove by,I heard people were getting sick and dropping like flies.why has Fairborn not made them clean up their act,or torn them down.?
NOOSE

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 8, 2013
One of the big problems is that there was a big influx of Section 8 welfare creatures from Dayton. They finally tore down the projects and asked other cities to take the vermin. The largest slumlord in Fairborn is that cheap, crazy Jew Zimmerman. He found a way to squeeze more money from the garbage properties he owns and moved them in.

Now Fairborn is going the way of Springfield. Businesses along Route 444 thru town are shutting down, welfare scum and druggies are moving in and taking over. And kikes are leading the way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No indictment in Ohio Wal-Mart shooting Dec 16 HighSchoolCops Di... 3
Ferguson creates talking points in Dayton Dec 14 Akingu 2
Anyone know Chris Day? Dec 6 curiousgeorgina 1
where is a good barber shop Nov 28 frank butler 1
Riverside police chief's wife arrested on shopl... (Feb '09) Nov '14 TruthBeTold 4
PUCO approves the upgrade of three rail crossin... Oct '14 jrrd 1
Student Group Plans Ohio Statehouse Protest Oct '14 They cannot kill ... 2
Fairborn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fairborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fairborn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairborn

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News