Arby's Manager Fired After Escaping Armed Robbery

Oct 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Miami

An Arby's assistant manager was fired after she escaped an armed robbery by slipping out the drive-thru window.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of77
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it is a fully automatic knife?
you have to register it with the Swiss

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tiger_-_dad wrote:
<quoted text>
About these two employees, what if one or both are dead? Would they still keep their jobs?
No. It's very clear in their corporate guidelines that at no moment in time is an employee to "get dead" on company property. Said employee would need to lose their life off of the property of Arbies. They're very stringent on that policy.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Spotted Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Would they rather she followed the "policy," stayed and died, and her family sue them for wrongful death? This is one more reason not to eat there, besides so many of the employees being so ghetto.
Actually, after reading more into this it shows she wasn't fired for leaving the scene, she was fired for letting the "2nd person" go ahead of time, and for buzzing in a stranger without verifying who it was. Technically she should have verified who was ringing the buzzer before simply assuming it was her co-worker. Especially with a several robberies over the past few months, all of which she was involved in. Raises a suspicion to say the least.
all the same

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

from myarbys dot com "We consider the safety and security of Arby's employees and guests to be of utmost importance. For this reason, operators of Arby's restaurants establish and must strictly enforce safety and security procedures designed to keep employees and guests out of harm's way. We regret this incident and its consequences, but the protection of employees and guests is paramount."

--yet after previous robberies they never bothered putting in cameras. this must be the only small business in the world with no cameras...my GRANDMOTHER has cameras at her front and back door!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

fyi someone has started a "support mary archer" facebook page...
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Used to love Arby's Supers with extra sauce,'horsey' sauce, potato cakes and a chocolate shake...
Now I love hummus and soy milk with tofurkey sandwiches and veganaise...

Where the fk did I go wrong???

Oh sorry, I digress: Regarding the asst mgr.., better off outa there. She's obviously a stick up magnet.
Recommend applying at Wendy's.
Employees cannot get fired there for any reason, guaranteed.
It's where the world's shittiest fast food workers go to die.
...Truly.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Donkey Estonkey wrote:
Used to love Arby's Supers with extra sauce,'horsey' sauce, potato cakes and a chocolate shake...
Now I love hummus and soy milk with tofurkey sandwiches and veganaise...
Where the fk did I go wrong???
Oh sorry, I digress: Regarding the asst mgr.., better off outa there. She's obviously a stick up magnet.
Recommend applying at Wendy's.
Employees cannot get fired there for any reason, guaranteed.
It's where the world's shittiest fast food workers go to die.
...Truly.
Lol - I don't envy you and your hummus.
The last time I ate at wendy's was over 20 years ago. It was on 70-something and Collins on Miami Beach. I was the only customer in the restraunt at around lunch time. The cashier was chatting away with the cook while I waited in "line" to place my order. She finally took my order, with an attitude. I made a remark, nothing rude, just commented that she may not be in a hurry, but I am. She returned my change which appeared to be a dozen coins, by dropping them from about 2 feet onto the counter, half of the coins bouncing onto the floor.(Obviously there was no manager present.) I turned around, leaving the change on the counter, and have never returned to a wendy's since.
she shouldnt lose her job

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum perhaps there is a clue in the snippet..........
Arbyís corporate heads later claimed Archer violated company policy, which states that there must be two or more employees in the store at all times, News Center 7 said.
Archerís daughter told News Center 7 that the incident was the third robbery attempt in the past six months, and that her mother was on duty each time.
could be wrong ??????????
Archer, who's worked at Arby's for nearly 23 years, said she doesnít want her job back.
uuuuuuuuuuum..........i did correct myself on the one point after I read a DIFFERENT news article. each news article seems to have a little bit of a different story for this.

I guess you missed the point that I was trying to make with the other. The point WAS that maybe the other employees refused to stay with her for whatever reason. Yeah, she may violated policy BUT it may not have entirely been her fault.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

she shouldnt lose her job wrote:
<quoted text>
uuuuuuuuuuum..........i did correct myself on the one point after I read a DIFFERENT news article. each news article seems to have a little bit of a different story for this.
I guess you missed the point that I was trying to make with the other. The point WAS that maybe the other employees refused to stay with her for whatever reason. Yeah, she may violated policy BUT it may not have entirely been her fault.
guess I didn't understand ...see when I worked through life ,the boss was that the BOSS , I needed the job to live
so I did what the boss ordered ....
JOE

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Oct 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

could be an inside job, since it was only her that that was there all four times.

“Where am I?”

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Arby's can take their horsey sauce and stick it. I will never go there again. To expect people to stay until the robbery is over, then lock up and go home is ridiculous. Maybe the robbers wanted a Market Fresh sandwich. Who would make it for them? The manager just went out the window! Did they call the company and complain? She should sue them for wrongful termination, and for making her work in a hostile environment. After 23 years on the job, she deserves some respect, especially after her 3rd robbery.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

some how you have lost me .........

what in the hell does this mean? YOUR WORDS

To expect people to stay until the robbery is over, then lock up and go home is ridiculous

she deserves some respect, especially after her 3rd robbery.

“Where am I?”

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tallyho wrote:
some how you have lost me .........
what in the hell does this mean? YOUR WORDS
To expect people to stay until the robbery is over, then lock up and go home is ridiculous
she deserves some respect, especially after her 3rd robbery.
Sarcasm. She was fired for leaving. After 23 years working there, Arby's expected her to stay in the building during her 3rd robbery. 23 years of loyalty got her no respect from the company that night. She must have been too close to retirement and a pension. Fire her! Off with her head!

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

damn ..........
if I knew a robbery was coming , think I would have been gone , BUT

loyalty as to . "I will do as I want " even though you [boss] sign my checks , and you instructed me to have two of us there.... and I didn't the 1st time, I didn't the 2nd time, you kept me on , paid me so why is it I'm fired on the old 3rd and out

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

I remember when I delivered papers , sun no problem/ rain not nice/ snow a bitch/ but some how you got your paper ..

me did I get my 32 cents a week ?? sometimes that was a problem and I had to pay for that paper even when I was stiffed ,

huuuuuuuuum aaaaaaaaaaaaaah America the land of the Free ... that is why so many hands are out ,,, mt

Footnote: out of the 32cents , 28cents went to the publisher

“Where am I?”

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tallyho wrote:
damn ..........
if I knew a robbery was coming , think I would have been gone , BUT
loyalty as to . "I will do as I want " even though you [boss] sign my checks , and you instructed me to have two of us there.... and I didn't the 1st time, I didn't the 2nd time, you kept me on , paid me so why is it I'm fired on the old 3rd and out
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
I remember when I delivered papers , sun no problem/ rain not nice/ snow a bitch/ but some how you got your paper ..
me did I get my 32 cents a week ?? sometimes that was a problem and I had to pay for that paper even when I was stiffed ,
huuuuuuuuum aaaaaaaaaaaaaah America the land of the Free ... that is why so many hands are out ,,, mt
Footnote: out of the 32cents , 28cents went to the publisher
But no one was trying to rob you at the point of a knife. No disrespect, but I can't think of a soul that would stick around during a robbery because of company policy if they could get away.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Walkswithbeer wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one was trying to rob you at the point of a knife. No disrespect, but I can't think of a soul that would stick around during a robbery because of company policy if they could get away.
exactly we had respect for the law , but most of all a very powerful family unit where the law was a wooden spoon or a double belt .....

trying to avoid this , but she wasn't asked to stick out a robbery .... she was TOLD two people,,, she was fired for not doing what she was told TWO PEOPLE.... 3 times , THREE

“Where am I?”

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly we had respect for the law , but most of all a very powerful family unit where the law was a wooden spoon or a double belt .....
trying to avoid this , but she wasn't asked to stick out a robbery .... she was TOLD two people,,, she was fired for not doing what she was told TWO PEOPLE.... 3 times , THREE
Oh, by all means! She should have stayed and gotten stabbed. Then she wouldn't have lost her job. Dude, come on. There's an exception to every rule, and in a life threatening situation the ones who wrote the rules would have done just as she did, without a thought to company policy. Otherwise, I would gladly agree with you. But there are circumstances where the rules simply do not apply.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Walkswithbeer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, by all means! She should have stayed and gotten stabbed. Then she wouldn't have lost her job. Dude, come on. There's an exception to every rule, and in a life threatening situation the ones who wrote the rules would have done just as she did, without a thought to company policy. Otherwise, I would gladly agree with you. But there are circumstances where the rules simply do not apply.
forget it !!!!!!!!!!she didn't follow the rules ...... the second person could have seen who was at the DAMN DOOR , but as you wish have it your way ...

you make as much sense as HOME ALONE and ONE and TWO and THREE ...

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

... "she went out of the drive-thru window ... protected by a silver spoon but now she sucks her thuumb and wonders ..."she could steal but she could not rob ... oh yeah ...

“Where am I?”

Since: Jun 11

Boll Weevil Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Oct 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
forget it !!!!!!!!!!she didn't follow the rules ...... the second person could have seen who was at the DAMN DOOR , but as you wish have it your way ...
you make as much sense as HOME ALONE and ONE and TWO and THREE ...
You actually WATCHED those? LOL

SHE could have seen who was at the door just as well. We have a difference of opinion, and always will. But I'm quitting here, because I don't want you to have a stroke.(NOT ON MY WATCH!)I won't spar with you again. I didn't know you'd get that upset. Have a beer. It'll be alright. Deeeeep breath. Better?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of77
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairborn Discussions

Search the Fairborn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min Pope Che Reagan Christ 29,003
EPA: Vapor intrusion in Ohio suburb more serious 5 hr Loony Lib 3
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 20 NSA 229
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
try to find out about Jesse Kennedy born 12-27-... Jun 22 curious 1
Man arrested for exposing self in K-Mart (Aug '08) Jun '14 Brendysbiggestmake 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fairborn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fairborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fairborn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fairborn
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••