Man with Hells Angels ties gets 15 years - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage

A 43-year-old Chitina man with a 20-year criminal history and ties to the Hell's Angels received a 15-year prison sentence for the fatal stabbing for a North Pole man.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Michael Frazer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

As a former resident of the great state of Alaska,it's a shame that people like this still move to Alaska,bacause they really ruin the feeling of living in "The last Frontier". The last time I was in Alaska was 1980,but I still carry my "old" drivers license in my wallet,I think because I left part of my heart and a few very dear true Alaska residents there.If my health was better I would be there.I'd like to give a shoutout to Al and Marty and say "Hey".
From Golden,Colo.
God Bless Alaska
Go to Hale

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Papa Pilgrims name was Hale!
Could this be a Son of his?
Squanto

Juneau, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

The moron should have stayed there, tried to stop the bleeding and called 911. He probably would have walked away a free man if he would have done that.
den

Soldotna, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

no,he wasn't papa's son.and more alaskan than you mike who's from the states.but being from chitina,glad to see him go.cops let to much go on in chitina.
Jinx

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

What happens in chitina should stay in chitina just like vegas
gerald girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

well you can tell that your are the Moron some times you dont bleed much at all when you get stabed its not allways like you see in the the moveis and if i were still in alaska id kick your ass for calling him that you lame duouchebag Lol
missraerae

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2011

Don't talk sh*t if you don't know what happened- were YOU there? Nope- so shut up Squanto- Tommy's not a moron! I'm with you Jinx...
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Hunter Thompson was working on WTC collapse story before mysterious sudden death, warned he'd be 'suicided'
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march200... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Since: Jul 11

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Forgive me if I sound...stupid...i was told that Hell's Angel people were good people...helps with Toys for Tot's and all kind of stuff..what kind of people are they? Because I know nothing about them. At one time I was told that the skinheads/aryan brotherhood/ nazi people run fairbanks, not to long ago i was told that the hell's angels took over fairbanks....can someone fill me in on this info?
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

When 14-year-old Sara Lowe was arrested, her parents thought it was a blessing. They thought she was going to a new kind of juvenile detention facility - a private prison offering counseling that could turn her life around.

Many parents cling to the hope of rehabilitation. For Sara and others that hope was offered by the Wackenhut Corrections Corp. And Wackenhut is the leader of a trend in America putting prisons in the hands of private companies. Wackenhut says it can run the prisons for less money than a state can - and provide better rehabilitation.

But for Wackenhut, running prisons for profit has sometimes turned out to be much more difficult and dangerous than promised. There were great hopes for Sara and other kids, when they were sent away. But no one knew what they were really experiencing. Scott Pelley reports.
----------
There was nothing in Sara's life that hinted at the storm that was coming. She grew up in Nebraska, amid a loving family. But according to her mother Gayle Lowe, Sara had a hard time adjusting after the family moved to Texas.

The more that her parents tried to discipline her the more rebellious she became, Gayle Lowe says. One day, during a heated argument over discipline, Sara lost control and attacked her mother.

Desperate, the Lowes knew Sara needed professional help. A judge sentenced Sara to six months of detention, and the family was actually relieved because a probation officer said Sara would get intensive counseling at a new private prison: Wackenhut's Coke County Juvenile Justice Center.

"(The probation officer) told me all the staff was very qualified," Gayle Lowe remembers. "They would all have bachelor's degrees in either juvenile justice or psychology, child psychology. It just sounded wonderful."

The center was also expensive: Texas was paying Wackenhut $118 per girl per day, because of the high level of counseling and education.

But Sara didn't find the promised counseling at the Coke County facility. Some counseling sessions were being run by the guards. It didn't seem there was much concern for the education of the girls either; Sara was promoted through three grades of high school in just six months. Even worse, Wackenhut's all-girl prison was mostly staffed by men.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/05/09/60I ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fairbanks Discussions

Search the Fairbanks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bill would allow landlords to garnish PFDs Fri Rudyard Kiplingesque 4
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Fairbanks, AK (May '12) Apr 9 akopen 32
fairbanks...cowboy town (Sep '12) Mar '14 Moonie 3
North Pole Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 11
Steven & Maria Stoneking (Jan '09) Feb '14 Crystal 16
The Theme Park Ranger: A look at Gaylord Palms ... (Nov '07) Feb '14 dommayer 29
Why is Alaska losing market share in the global... Feb '14 rudyard Kiplingesque 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fairbanks Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fairbanks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance