Film fakery

Full story: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

Ignore the claims made on screen. The movie "The Fourth Kind" is not based on fact.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2012
Jared

Lexington, MA

#1 Nov 12, 2009
Finally someone agree's with me that this movie is a load of bull shit cause this shit can't be real, i mean think logically if aliens were alive we'd see them by now...ALL OF US and secondly if they do exist they would live soo far away by the time they go here they would be dead so there is no logic behind aliens its a load of bull and i think that people should start thinking logically. Yes, the universe is huge but too big and if aliens were alive another logical could be that they would have their own planet and wouldn't need to come to ours and if they did they wouldn't do shit US military is way to strong for them to get by us
logoNL

Arnhem, Netherlands

#2 Jan 27, 2010
you are right about that there are plenty of logical reasons why this all wouldn't be true but, for example, take youre argument about the size of the universe.
you say that the creatures wouldnt survive to make the trip but what about if they go from there planet in a spaceship (even we have the techology to get high speeds so dont come with that) and then reproduce in that ship.
so there spring can make new babies to fly the ship ect.
logical right?
you also say that if there really are aliens on this planet every1 should be able to see them. but that only counts when there are huge numbers of them. i mean, we would detect them by definition if they are with a hundred or so right?
you also say that they would have there own planet but you dont know the condition of it. i mean, maybe they lack some material like we're starting to lack oil. and as a result of that us attacks iraq.
so the aliens could have that same thought.
give me time to come up with some more reasons to take our planet but you will hear more :)
ps: im dutch and enlish isn't my first language. just so you know...

“As seen on TV”

Since: Jul 09

40.6260°N, 75.3710°W

#3 Jan 28, 2010
We are capable RIGHT NOW of constructing craft capable carrying crews of thousands in interstellar flight. It's just that they're illegal under international law. Please Google "Orion Nuclear Propulsion". Hopefully if we detect a killer asteroid heading our way we'll revise the law to allow this type of drive just long enough to save our planet.

Sorry, my point is that aliens are capable of reaching us because we're technically capable ot reaching them....not Sci Fi.....Sci Fact
LogoNL

Arnhem, Netherlands

#4 Jan 28, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_tra... is full with technologies for interstellar travel.

Since: Jul 12

Barcelona, Spain

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Whoa, whoa. Enough with the whole "reasons for invasion" theories.

The movie is not really about that. The movie was, in my mind, an eye opener that looked at many real-life tapes that I really hope were not edited. Not to forget the scenes of paranormal "possession" where Dr. Tyler starts to speak Sumerian and then break her own neck. I really dont think that was something to do with Alcohol.

The only thing in the movie which puts me off is the UF-freaking-O. Looking at the background, you see behind the Tyler residence mountains and trees. Looking at the Nome, Alaska area on Google Maps, it is clear that there is no area where mountains or even a cluster of trees are shown. It is surely fake to me.

Oh yeah, when that one guy was levitating? That was either fake or... fake. How can something spontaneously levitate if put under hypnosis?

Besides all these points, it really would be stupid of all of us if we simply threw the idea of aliens out the window. Look at the planet, all the stars it shares with billions more planets. They may hold life. They may have life that is more developed than ours. For all we know, they could have developed technology that allows them to reach us. Just because we arent there yet does not mean no one else is.

Think of how the Native Americans felt when Spanish colonists arrived with "sticks that could banged and could stop any animal" as I have read. They must have found all the technology unreal and impossible. Its the exact same for us, so dont say that "no one has the tech to reach our planet from light years away".

I honestly believe that Aliens exist, and that they could be closer than we think. But it would be stupid to believe that everyone agreed, right?

Thats the point of forums, sharing and excepting opinions. Hopefully youll except this one too.

-Polo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairbanks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASA to Investigate Climate Impacts of Arctic S... 16 hr bottlecap 3
Moderate earthquake hits region near Fairbanks 23 hr Pear 1
Help recover Aug 30 Survivor 1
North Pole Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 12
Unusual Seismic Activity Continues Near Noatak Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 6
Seismologists answer the call to rural Alaska Jun '14 Kotzebue 1
Seismic storm continues in Noatak with fifth 5.... Jun '14 other reading 1
•••

Flood Warning for Fairbanks North Star County was issued at September 02 at 8:45AM AKDT

•••
•••
Fairbanks Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fairbanks Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fairbanks People Search