Road Rage May Have Lead to Deadly Crash

The 17-year-old survivor of a deadly car crash told friends an angry driver kept ramming their car and eventually ran them off the road. Full Story
First Prev
of 42
Next Last
Jenna

Fair Oaks, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2007
I just hope that justice is served. I think that it is very sad what has happened to the young girl who has passed and I cannot judge because I was 17 too once and made bad choices, needless to say I did not drink at 17 but still who are we to judge. I am now 22 and have witnessed lots of crashes with friends due to drinking and driving and it's just a matter of time for people to wake up and realize they need to get a DD
Sarah in Folsom

Fresno, CA

#5 Oct 16, 2007
I don't feel as sorry for them as I did before. Of course, it was terribly wrong for the pickup to do what it did...but the girls were still drinking...and were VERY underage at that...when will kids learn that alcohol + driving = trouble?
Daily Reader

Sacramento, CA

#7 Oct 16, 2007
For one, what the girls did was uncalled for and very stupid. HOWEVER, this still does not give just cause for the truck driver to do what he/she did. Both sides we're / are in the wrong, but the girls paid a bigger price for their stupidity. As for the truck driver, he needs to be found and brought to justice for the death of a girl and severe injuries of two others.

Not pointing the finger at the girls, but in general, teens who drink and drive never think of the consequences of their actions. This would be an example of that type of situation. Kids think that its funny, pull it off without realizing that what they are doing is wrong. Parents need to find ways to open up lines of positive communication to teach their kids about these issues.

By the same token, ALL drivers need to be more respectful of each other. Albeit, I would have flipped out as well if a person egged my car, but I would just follow them while calling CHP to report the incident. We all know full well how bad road rage can get, this incident is too a prime eaxmple of that. Best thing to do is let the rager drive off, do not make eye contact and let them go. Remember the license plate number and call it in. If the rager decides to follow you, keep driving, do not exit off the highway. Doing so opens up chances at a stop light for that person to get out and cause harm to you and / or your vehicle. Continue driving, get a hold of CHP with your estimated location. Slow down and get in the slow lane, either the rager will give up on you and leave, or CHP will arrive to help you. Sometimes exiting will actually get rid of the rager, but for those who will still continue following you, pray there is an on-ramp you can take immediately and wait for CHP to arrive.

I have seen both sides of this story many times. Kids doing something very stupid and dangerous and road ragers. The only thing you can do is just call CHP with as much info as you can get and think on your feet.
Brutus-Citrus Heights

Folsom, CA

#9 Oct 16, 2007
How convenient now it’s not the fact that the girls were drinking and driving but a big scary stranger in a white truck that was chasing the girl’s, big scary stranger in the white truck should face murder charges said the girl’s mom!!“NO” the person who should face charges is Seychelle Curry she is the one who choose to drink and drive and to let people throw eggs out of her car and she at 18 is and adult and should face the same charges as every other every other drunk driver that gets behind the wheel and kills her “best friend”. Sorry the bad person and murder here is Seychelle Curry – she is the one responsible for this tragic accident – No one else!! I'm sure she is a great person and a wonderful friend but the fact is she is a killer.
Ferenczy33

Arlington, VA

#10 Oct 16, 2007
Sad but stupid. Throwing eggs at cars at 4 am in the morning. If they were gang members in the car they egged, instead of being rammed off the road they probably would all have been shot to death.

Last time my car was egged several years ago on halloween, I know I was pretty mad. An egg can hit with enough force travelling down the road like that to leave a permanent mark in the paint job. It did on mine, which is why I was so angry. This person obviously got a little too angry though. Still, they pretty much were asking for it.
blah

Arcata, CA

#11 Oct 16, 2007
CJA wrote:
Why hasn't the video been released? We could find that truck!!!
I agree.
This makes more sense

Folsom, CA

#13 Oct 16, 2007
Wow, I wonder how much more will eventually will come out about really happened for this whole incident to occur. Now the girls were throwing eggs at vehicles-was this the only one? I wonder what else JACKA__ things they were doing and at 4am in the am-cutting them off, doing quick lane changes,just having fun? Yeah, let's go out and party, have a few drinks and terrorize others driving down roads, HEY I AM 18 look at me!!! I do not feel that the girl should have been killed or that the accident happened but this just proves that EVERYONE needs to be held accountable for their actions, including the driver who rammed the car. Has this been proven by the CHP who have impounded the vehicle and should have inspected it by now I would assume to validate-is there any white paint on the front of the crashed car? The girls chose to be STUPID yes STUPID and throw eggs at some else's vehicle and not expect someone to be PISSED OFF! What if they had made that driver crash instead? Would you all be sitting here judging them for what they did or justifying that is was ok, JUST A TYPICAL TEEN you'd be saying! I am sure that they would have gone to school on Monday bragging about what they did. This is what is wrong with society-NO ONE is responsible for their own actions, it is always someone else's fault or peer pressure as they would claim in this case. I am so tired of hearing about all these young people being killed and injured-it seems the only innocent person in all these deaths recently was the young man Rodrio Rodriguez.
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#14 Oct 16, 2007
of the white truck....we WILL find you!
Commoner

Roseville, CA

#15 Oct 16, 2007
Oh yeah... the phantom white truck defense! Heard that one before!
Yuba City Sue

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Oct 16, 2007
I hope they go after the parents that allowed the drinking in their home. If they weren't home they should have been if their child had invited friends over.
I hope they throw the book at the girls that survived and threw eggs. If they hadn't thrown the eggs their might not have been an accident.
But of course it happens to other people not me.
Get a Grip

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#17 Oct 16, 2007
If they were throwing eggs at other cars, you can likely be safe to guess that they were driving poorly as well. They could have been brake checking people, which is a VERY BAD idea and the truck could have been trying to get close enough to get a plate # and see how many occupants were in the other vehicle.

With this information trickling out like this, there is more to this story....

These girls are just as responsible and should be held to that responsibility just as the other driver should.

Murder charges, no. Traffic violation charges, yes. ALL AROUND.
just someone

United States

#18 Oct 16, 2007
Brutus-Citrus Heights wrote:
How convenient now it’s not the fact that the girls were drinking and driving but a big scary stranger in a white truck that was chasing the girl’s, big scary stranger in the white truck should face murder charges said the girl’s mom!!“NO” the person who should face charges is Seychelle Curry she is the one who choose to drink and drive and to let people throw eggs out of her car and she at 18 is and adult and should face the same charges as every other every other drunk driver that gets behind the wheel and kills her “best friend”. Sorry the bad person and murder here is Seychelle Curry – she is the one responsible for this tragic accident – No one else!! I'm sure she is a great person and a wonderful friend but the fact is she is a killer.
I have got to agree with this person...if eggs weren't thrown, the car wouldn't have been chased and rammed. Brutus is right, the person driving needs to be absolutely sober when behind the wheel, regardless of 18th birthday or not. Egg throwing and toilet papering trees is freshmen activities, not becoming of one who, at age 28, could legally vote, serve our country or purchase a gun. I guess that karma works.
Come On People

United States

#19 Oct 16, 2007
This is just a tragic end to very stupid actions on both sides. I presonally have a few questions:

1. Where were the parents when all this was going on at 4AM?
2. Is Seychelle Curry gonna get charged or more than likely be seen as a innocent victim for her reckless and crimial actions?
3. Did the white truck really bump their bumper or just tailgate out of anger?

It should be quite obvious that these girls were egging on (pun intended) the white truck. Not that I am advocating the white truck's actions, but who of us haven't been pissed when we get cut off that we tailgate. Just imagine if someone threw eggs at your car.

Was the truck in the wrong for reacting to what was obviously a car of stupid girls thinking they could do what they wanted and have no recourse; YES. Should the truck be held in some way liable; YES.
Were the girls in the wrong for driving drunk and then creating a hostile situation could only created an explosive situation; YES. Should Seychelle Curry be held criminally liable for DUI and vehicular manslaughter; YES.
Should the provider of the alcohol be held liable; YES.

Needless to say there are many players in this situation that the CHP has to look at and persue and they are smart for not releasing the video until they are able to fully persue their efforts first. The video needs to be released, just not yet. This video needs to be seen in all of our area high schools so they can see the reality of DUI and that yes it can and does happen to them.
just someone

United States

#20 Oct 16, 2007
Sorry for that last typo Seychelle jsut turned 18, not 28 as I typed.
K in Fair Oaks

Oakland, CA

#22 Oct 16, 2007
This is a horrible tragedy, but I am not surprised. We too were repeated victims of the driver egging our cars and many others last year when my son was at Del Campo. The driver has a seriously sad side of her in ruining other people's property and apparently quite a history of drinking....too bad her parents weren't cluded in a bit more. It is unfortunate that that her friend had to pay the price for her stupidity.

Since: Jun 07

Rancho Cordova, CA

#23 Oct 16, 2007
So we've gone from confirming that they were stupid (driving drunk) to confirming that they were absolutely out of their minds (throwing eggs out of a moving vehicle while drunk).

Sorry, still no sympathy. Next thing you know we'll be hearing that aliens were trying to kidnap them too.
Anonymous

United States

#24 Oct 16, 2007
I think this is a very tragic story. The girls should not have been throwing eggs or drinking and driving. However, teenagers having fun does not justify ramming their car. And if indeed the driver of the white pick up truck caused this accident, you need to have stopped and helped. Driving away is just cowardly. Anyone who thinks that this person had the right run these girls off the road and flee, needs to have their head examined. I think charges of the driver of the white pick up truck need to be more than a traffic violation.

I live very close to the accident site and my roommat'es car was egged on Friday night. We're assuming it is related. However he didn't get all upset and go searching for justice. I know that eggs cause damage, but this girl did not deserve to lose her life because of it. Dents and paint can be replaced. A car is a mterial object. We cannont replace the lives of these girls.
olyone

United States

#25 Oct 16, 2007
Well.....If there is NO DUI here...look at all the people w/ EGG ON THERE FACE!!! I HOPE YOU ALL LEARN A LESSON HEAR! I wish you all who slammed the kids and the family GOOD LUCK on your JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!!!!!!
SOHO

United States

#26 Oct 16, 2007
djSyndrome wrote:
So we've gone from confirming that they were stupid (driving drunk) to confirming that they were absolutely out of their minds (throwing eggs out of a moving vehicle while drunk).
Sorry, still no sympathy. Next thing you know we'll be hearing that aliens were trying to kidnap them too.
Do you believe in JU JU? I believe its commin your way!! What comes around goes around!
erica

United States

#28 Oct 16, 2007
Commoner wrote:
Sounds to me like justice was served. Karma took over. One is planted, two have tubes coming out of them. Pickup driver is in the wind.
Yeah lets kill everyone who throws eggs! Its justice. Have you throwm an egg ever. Maybe we should kill you. Sounds ridiculous Doesn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 42
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fair Oaks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 min KiMare 200,956
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr brewed 5,070
Rancho Cordova Shooting 12 hr Crisi 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr subscibe 15,995
sewage Sep 15 concerned 2
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 15 GOP bull 2,265
•••
•••

Fair Oaks Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fair Oaks People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fair Oaks News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fair Oaks
•••