Train Accident at Pasta Factory

Train Accident at Pasta Factory

Posted in the Fair Lawn Forum

Fair Lawn Friend

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Dec 27, 2010
Years ago there was a deadly train accident in Fair Lawn at a pasta factory. The train conductor was killed. It was caused by three young boys flipping a train switch.
Does anyone know what happened to the three young boys? What kind of life do they have now? What kind of men are they?
Just curious if they changed their lives and all..
They were Peter, Peter, and Randy .......
RALPH NADER

Fair Lawn, NJ

#2 Dec 28, 2010
It wasnt flipping a switch it was they shoved an I beam into the railroad train tracks and the train went airborne and hit a spagetti factory on the secound floor ive seen crime scene photos there were train cars everywhere like an accordian it looked like someone threw lionel trains against the wall the conductor who was killed had 6 kids the perpetrators were not young boys they were high school students who were tried as adults when I last heard they were still in jail trying to get paroled but haveng trouble with that .
Fair Lawn Friend

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Dec 28, 2010
How long were they in jail for when you heard they were trying for parole?
RALPH NADER

Fair Lawn, NJ

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Fair Lawn Friend wrote:
How long were they in jail for when you heard they were trying for parole?
I dont know the exact sentance but what ever it is its not long enough for me not long enough for me
Brad

Manasquan, NJ

#5 Jan 24, 2011
The kid became a millionaire....disgusting
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
joe

Fair Lawn, NJ

#6 Jan 24, 2011
Brad wrote:
The kid became a millionaire....disgusting
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
your right its disgusting the family of the victim should see if they can sue the filmaker for profiteerng from crime victims [another disgusting case is the one when the kidnapper of frank sinatra junior went on to become a millionaire real estate salesman]
Tony Palumbo

Newark, NJ

#7 Aug 6, 2011
The Kid is a friend of mine and was a bystander hanging out with the crew who did it. He had a hard life but was a brilliant but tormented individual. He was assaulted by his drunkard dad as a kid, he found his dad hanging and cut him down. He also graduated IV LEAGUE and went on to become a stock market analyst and became a millionaire as a result..

Then he made the movie TRAXX and used his OWN MONEY to DO IT and his objective was to DONATE every nickel of proceeds to that conductors family. I LIVED IN THAT TOWN, A 1/4 MILE FROM THE WRECK AND I REMEMBER THE LOUD CRASH TOO.

I ALSO REMEMBER HIM ON TV BEING INTERVIEWED ABOUT THE INCIDENT AND MAKING THE MOVIE, HE WAS PRACTICALLY CRYING..

DON'T CALL HIM DISGUSTING IN FACT DON'T PASS JUDGEMENTS ON ANYONE ULESS YOU HAVE A CLEAN SLATE AND YOU KNOW THE FACTS!!!!
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
your right its disgusting the family of the victim should see if they can sue the filmaker for profiteerng from crime victims [another disgusting case is the one when the kidnapper of frank sinatra junior went on to become a millionaire real estate salesman]
Sable Fox

Yakima, WA

#8 Jul 11, 2012
Funny how NONE of you mention the boy of 14 in the engine car who did survive. He ended up in a coma for some time and though he awoke from it he was never the same. He has had to deal with a
life of both physical and emotional pain. Memory and cognition loss.

The "Kid" who was just a bystander didn't even have the guts to meet his gaze and appologize to him when he had a chance.

guess its easier to plead forgiveness from the deseased.
Sean Ruhren

Wallingford, PA

#9 Oct 26, 2012
Tony...You have some freaking nerve. He maybe your friend, but there were some of us, like myself, that were PERSONALLY affected from YOUR FRIENDS incident. So if you dont know who Iam and you do not know THE 14 year old kid...and the 6 kids Duffy had I wouldnt make a comment about a person that was involved in a MURDER. Being a bystander would be a perfect opportunity to stop a murder. This incident made it very difficult to go to school and even be home alone.

It is DISGUSTING to think that one has a "cleared slate" to make a new life for themselves, but the person in that train does not have that opportunity.

Tony you can go scratch.
joe costa

Bradley Beach, NJ

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Sean Ruhren wrote:
Tony...You have some freaking nerve. He maybe your friend, but there were some of us, like myself, that were PERSONALLY affected from YOUR FRIENDS incident. So if you dont know who Iam and you do not know THE 14 year old kid...and the 6 kids Duffy had I wouldnt make a comment about a person that was involved in a MURDER. Being a bystander would be a perfect opportunity to stop a murder. This incident made it very difficult to go to school and even be home alone.
It is DISGUSTING to think that one has a "cleared slate" to make a new life for themselves, but the person in that train does not have that opportunity.
Tony you can go scratch.
they did more than throw a switch they put an I beam in the track to make the train go airborne there was a made for tv movie with don murry playing a drunk driver that killed somebody and his lawyer expains all possible plea bargains to the judge the judge says as a defendandt you have many options but the person you killed dosent have any so im giving you a prison sentence in an other made for tv movie a youth blows up hs girlfriends parents plane because they disapprove of him his lawyer james farentino asks him did you do it his mother says he didnt do it the lawyer says we would like to hear him say that
Piece of Mind

Brookhaven, PA

#11 May 27, 2013
Hey Tony get your facts straight...Wade confesses he threw the switch. Read his interview...

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...

Your a disgrace
R0BERT TAYL0R

Fair Lawn, NJ

#12 May 28, 2013
Piece of Mind wrote:
Hey Tony get your facts straight...Wade confesses he threw the switch. Read his interview...
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
Your a disgrace
The family of the vicitm should sue the guy making the movie in another case Trantino killed 2 cops avoided the death penalty now that he is out of prison he makes videos where he brags about being a dope addict then when he never said that before just that he didnt remmber what he did from blackouts from drinking he admited he did an armed robbery to get money for drugs [ he has videos in youtube but they are too disgusting to watch ] I dont think he said that before there was a book about that case Night Of the Devil but it wasnt good enough to make a movie out of it
R0BERT TAYL0R

Fair Lawn, NJ

#13 May 28, 2013
George got away

South Plainfield, NJ

#14 Dec 2, 2013
Bear in mind, these youths were the worst that Fair Lawn had to offer in the day. They were, and likely still, all complete scum. Amazing this punk is a millionaire now. There is no justice in this world.
JerseyDevil

Union City, NJ

#15 Jan 11, 2014
These guys served less than than 2 years, I am glad to hear at least one did something positive with his life.

I went to school with them, although didn't really know them persoally, but I did follow the story as did almost everyone in Fair Lawn at the time.
Shari

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Jan 14, 2014
Sable Fox wrote:
Funny how NONE of you mention the boy of 14 in the engine car who did survive. He ended up in a coma for some time and though he awoke from it he was never the same. He has had to deal with a
life of both physical and emotional pain. Memory and cognition loss.
The "Kid" who was just a bystander didn't even have the guts to meet his gaze and appologize to him when he had a chance.
guess its easier to plead forgiveness from the deseased.
I remember the boy 14yr old boy... He and I were good friends before the train accident. When he woke up from the Coma he didn't remember me, and all of these years later ,he never got all of those memories back.
anom

Madison, WI

#17 Feb 8, 2015
figures New Jerseians arguing with each other about nothing they know of.
i was there that night and missed being involved by 20 minutes.
I might have stopped my new friends from pulling the witch, or have been tossed in jail too.
This horrible incident has destroyed many lives on both sides of the tracks.
BTW: more people have died per year by suicided near these tracks.
MrLucasBrice

Irvine, CA

#18 Sep 14, 2015
I was there. When I say I was there, I mean that when I heard about it, I grabbed my camera, got into my car, drove there, and started taking pictures. I was a photography student at the time. I lived in Fair Lawn. I have photos of the cops, the bystanders, and the train, which went in one end of the Columbia factory and out the other end. One day, I'll get the negatives out and scan them.

Growing up in Fair Lawn, the most boring town in the universe for teenagers, we played some pranks, but they were harmless. I remember throwing a smoke bomb in a hallway of a garden apartment, knocking on the door and running away. Stupid, but harmless.

Only a complete sick piece of garbage would even contemplate doing what those kids did, never mind actually doing it. God may forgive them, be we shouldn't.
blowmeone

Danvers, MA

#19 Feb 17, 2016
It's kinda sad listening to some of you losers rant on about this. I knew two of the kids who did it myself. A. There wasn't a railroad tie thrown onto the tracks. The kids who did it were drunk and high. What they did was stupid, and the result was absolutely horrible. I feel awful for the families of the victims. But, the kids didn't intend to kill or harm someone. And I think it's good the one made something of his life after. He served time, and he has to live with it. I'm sure he's not proud of it. Listening to some of the losers here makes me glad I no longer live in that area. What jerkoffs

Since: Sep 16

Location hidden

#20 Sep 21, 2016
RALPH NADER wrote:
It wasnt flipping a switch it was they shoved an I beam into the railroad train tracks and the train went airborne and hit a spagetti factory on the secound floor ive seen crime scene photos there were train cars everywhere like an accordian it looked like someone threw lionel trains against the wall the conductor who was killed had 6 kids the perpetrators were not young boys they were high school students who were tried as adults when I last heard they were still in jail trying to get paroled but haveng trouble with that .
Regarding the "I-beam on the tracks"- that is not what happened- but it sounds like an amazing and catastrophic story if it happened elsewhere.

There have been a number of derailments caused by foreign objects intentionally, carelessly or accidentally placed or present on through tracks or switch points.

I was on an Amtrak train once that was delayed because a metal drum was in the trackbed. Stupidity or vandalism, I'm not sure. I still remember riding trains in NJ early 80's when kids in Paterson would throw ballast and other rocks at it as it passed. Another time the train had to stop so the crew could "straighten out" some kids riding bikes down the tracks (!?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fair Lawn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prepare for detours and traffic DOT to begin mu... Mon Tiny 1
News Saddle Brook councilman who resigned to run again Oct 9 Hcseg 1
News Fairfield companies searched, 8 arrested in con... (Nov '13) Oct 4 News junkie 2
Manchester Regional HS Oct 3 Sharon 1
News Patersonians sound off on their disgraced mayor... Sep 25 Patersonian 1
News Transgender man says guard told him: "I need to... Sep 22 TipsyFromCentralC... 1
News Watch This Man Save An Elderly Woman From Being... (Mar '17) Sep 18 Charlie Estupefacto 3

Fair Lawn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fair Lawn Mortgages