Climate change skeptics gathering in Springfield

Aug 13, 2009 Full story: Columbia Missourian 29

Not everyone believes global warming is real, and many of those skeptics will be gathering in Missouri later this week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#21 Sep 23, 2009
Ex Resident wrote:
For the beating you are taking, Truthist, I agree with you. But arguing with these people is like trying to argue with a fence post. When people do not want to believe something, no facts or proof will ever change their minds. They will do what they want.
In the meantime, I will continue to try to do my part in limiting my energy use, and cleaning up behind myself, including limiting my waste. Hopefully, there are enough like minded individuals to make a difference. Less polution doesn't mean no pollution. It's like those people that feel that they no longer need to diet, because they lost ten lbs. Even though they are still a hundred lbs overweight. There are people that will not let go of self and immediate gratification, no matter what the future cost will be. They just do not believe that there will be a day when they will have to pay what's owed to the environment. Pollution may be lower than it was a couple of decades ago, but it's still much more than it was even a century ago.
There is still so much that could be done to lower pollutants, in just our daily lives. Sadly, some people intend to live just as they have, and let others try to make up for them.
What facts or figures. If you have something that proves that AGW is real then bring it. Otherwise as far as I am concerned it has been proven false. So far I have yet to see one fact or anything else other than a few emotional rants.

As far as I can tell people like you and truthist refuse to look at fact/data/proof in order to continue believing in your religious beliefs.
truthist

Lithia, FL

#22 Sep 24, 2009
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
What facts or figures. If you have something that proves that AGW is real then bring it. Otherwise as far as I am concerned it has been proven false. So far I have yet to see one fact or anything else other than a few emotional rants.
As far as I can tell people like you and truthist refuse to look at fact/data/proof in order to continue believing in your religious beliefs.
haha you don't even have a clue. You are a stalker. Go away. lol
truthist

Lithia, FL

#23 Sep 24, 2009
Ex Resident wrote:
For the beating you are taking, Truthist, I agree with you. But arguing with these people is like trying to argue with a fence post. When people do not want to believe something, no facts or proof will ever change their minds. They will do what they want.
In the meantime, I will continue to try to do my part in limiting my energy use, and cleaning up behind myself, including limiting my waste. Hopefully, there are enough like minded individuals to make a difference. Less polution doesn't mean no pollution. It's like those people that feel that they no longer need to diet, because they lost ten lbs. Even though they are still a hundred lbs overweight. There are people that will not let go of self and immediate gratification, no matter what the future cost will be. They just do not believe that there will be a day when they will have to pay what's owed to the environment. Pollution may be lower than it was a couple of decades ago, but it's still much more than it was even a century ago.
There is still so much that could be done to lower pollutants, in just our daily lives. Sadly, some people intend to live just as they have, and let others try to make up for them.
Thank you very much. I agree with you.

I honor you and your life. Thanks again.

Have a nice day every day.

Norfolk va

#24 Sep 26, 2009
truthist wrote:
<quoted text>haha you don't even have a clue. You are a stalker. Go away. lol
If you don't like me being around then feel free to leave. But I have no intention of leaving nor will I stop countering your sily assertions. Either come up with some real facts insteand of a few press releases or give up your lost cause.
truthist

Tampa, FL

#25 Sep 26, 2009
See what "tina anne" posted in an hour. Only to me. I must be doing much RIGHT. lol
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like me being around then feel free to leave. But I have no intention of leaving nor will I stop countering your sily assertions. Either come up with some real facts insteand of a few press releases or give up your lost cause.
Then in another thread:
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous of you , hardly. If you want to stop my replies to your posts then stop your foolish posting. Start posting logically and use facts instead of declaritive statements and blanket posting.
And in another thread:
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you apoigize to all those you have wronged first. That list is even longer.
Then in another thread:
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming it is s isn't proof. Do you have any facts. So far all five of your claims have been deunked repeatedly.
BTW, truthist has claimed others had insulted her as well. What we all have in common is that we have all disagreed with her and AGW.
AND in another thread:
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I stio replying to your posts when you stop posting foolishness. Try doing a little reading on the subject then come back.
MORE:
tina anne wrote:
Excuse me stop instead of stio. That is what happens when you wake up early.
Yep. She got up early to do all these posts to ME! She's a stalker. No wonder people say she's NOT too bright.

Norfolk va

#26 Sep 27, 2009
truthist wrote:
See what "tina anne" posted in an hour. Only to me. I must be doing much RIGHT. lol
<quoted text>Then in another thread:
<quoted text>And in another thread:
<quoted text>Then in another thread:
<quoted text>AND in another thread:
<quoted text>MORE:
<quoted text>Yep. She got up early to do all these posts to ME! She's a stalker. No wonder people say she's NOT too bright.
I was up that early because I am use to wakng up that early to get ready for work.

The really telling point is that you have o pull these out of other threads and post them here out of contrext because if they saw them in context that any piety they might fell for you would evaporate.

It is funny how your obsessing over me.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27 Sep 27, 2009
You have to divide the world into what you can see, and what you can't. Tonight, look up at the sky and imagine the stars, you might be able to see them, but there are so many reasons you may not. Light pollution in urban areas, clouds, the visible kind of greenhouse effect. In the real world, with CO2 alone, there is no significant climate heating, net heating stays the same if the heat source stays the same.
truthist wrote:
See what "tina anne" posted in an hour. Only to me. I must be doing much RIGHT. Lol
Then in another thread:
And in another thread:
Then in another thread:
AND in another thread:
MORE:
Yep. She got up early to do all these posts to ME! She's a stalker. No wonder people say she's NOT too bright.
Insults and calls for censorship, that's your speed, count me out. You can say what you want about TA, it has less to do with truth than your AGW climate change mitigation scheme.
Fun Facts

AOL

#28 Sep 27, 2009
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I was up that early because I am use to wakng up that early to get ready for work.
The really telling point is that you have o pull these out of other threads and post them here out of contrext because if they saw them in context that any piety they might fell for you would evaporate.
It is funny how your obsessing over me.
I think she has 'a thing' for you. Can you imagine the difference it would make if she spent as much time researching the topic as she does researching the topix threads.

Norfolk va

#29 Sep 27, 2009
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she has 'a thing' for you. Can you imagine the difference it would make if she spent as much time researching the topic as she does researching the topix threads.
True, but then she might have to change her views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fair Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truman mansfield Dec 13 friend of truman 1
Huge thieves right under your nose...Next Stop Dec 12 Justagirl14 4
missing family (Jul '13) Dec 5 SuZ 14
SNITCHES AND NARKS in Buffalo, MO Dec 4 Watchfuleye 1
police dept (Jan '14) Nov 27 please come forth 3
Poaching case (Oct '10) Nov '14 bigbobby bobo 5
Unprofessional Conduct Nov '14 BOB THE BUILDER 2
Fair Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web