Albemarle Supervisors Discuss Firing Range, Ivy Material Center

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

It's decision time for the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors. Two topics on the table Wednesday night included new plans for an Albemarle County police firing range and the future of the Ivy Material Utilization Center.
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Liberalace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for citing a truly credible source. First, you cite the Washington Post (laughable), then within that article, you cite facts from the FCC on projected numbers.
BTW, regardless of who initiated the program, why isn't the current president ending the program?
R.I.P.: Donald Sanderson
I cited actual
"$214 million in 2012"
Let's ask the hypocrites where were they during Republican administrations.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RandomThoughts wrote:
Why does this need to be a public funded "police" only firing range ?
It needs to be a joint venture so maybe we can get away from the "us against them" attitutde that seems to be rampant on the east side of the Blue Ridge.
Maybe the PD's can get lessons from the public as they have a higher failure rate of wrongful shooting than the public firing way fewer rounds.
Take a look at what appears to be the C-ville PD shooting hush hush cover-up .
Their trying to figure out a fair compensation for a wrongfull shooting. Lawyers. Cowboys with guns, the one guy got shot with a bag of Squiddles. Like I always say, the most dangerous people on the planet are those with a badge and a gun. It gets proven every day.
Really Too

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

RandomThoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
What is region 10 services?
Let me guess ,coming from a moonbat liberal as your self ... I bet you get something free there.
If its free to a liberal they have the handout-service on SPEED-DIAL on their Obama phone prolly catching a singnal from there section * Obama HUT.
Get a job hippie
LOL! It's a place you can get mental health service. It was sarcasm after dumb comment about the police not needing their own range. Congrats, You are first person that has ever called me a liberal.. How does someone taking up for cops get called a hippie? Check out that Region 10......cause you're confused.
Mike

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Concerned Troy Residents wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree with you: the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County should have multiple transfer stations with convenient locations and hours for THEIR residential trash and construction debris. They should take responsibility for what they create and stop shipping everything through Fluvanna County! We, Fluvanna County, residents deserve a clean, peaceful community without all of this mess coming to and from outside of Fluvanna County!
What makes Albemarle think they can just shrug responsibility for their own trash? Fluvanna is not obligated to take all Albemarle trash.

How would Albemarle like it if surrounding counties designated Albemarle as their landfill and started exporting all their trash to Albemarle?
Why not

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Why not use the Ivy Land fill for police firing range.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Faber Discussions

Search the Faber Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Jun 28 hollie 14
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Swannanoa Mansion (Feb '07) Mar '14 Chessie 403
Tractor Trailer Accident Causes Traffic Delays ... (Feb '12) Feb '14 FMG64 15
Planned Power Outage Monday Night (Jan '14) Jan '14 Withholdtaxes 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Faber Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••