Fluvanna Superintendent Presents Amended Budget to School Board

Last week the Board of Supervisors did not fully fund the Keller's $14.1 million request. Full Story
flucoparent

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 27, 2013
crazy when county employee with family coverage are given 11,000 yearly and school staff is given 5,276 i would say their insurance is A weak link same as a decrease for Teachers again....and our children are the ones paying the ultimate price as teachers leave and are let go
no one cares

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 27, 2013
flucoparent wrote:
crazy when county employee with family coverage are given 11,000 yearly and school staff is given 5,276 i would say their insurance is A weak link same as a decrease for Teachers again....and our children are the ones paying the ultimate price as teachers leave and are let go
Who really cares if they cut teachers pay. They are just teachers. No one could care less what happens to them!
Back At You

Stephens City, VA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Who really cares if they cut teachers pay. They are just teachers. No one could care less what happens to them!
Did you really just say 'who really cares if they cut teachers pay' and 'they are just teachers'? Really?? Just teachers? Just those people who spend more time with our children each day then we do? Just those people who are teaching our children their #'s and abc's and about life and business and society? While I know the responsbility to start the educational growth and development begins with us as parents, teachers are next 'best' to a parent. They nuture, they grow, they assist, with all of the changes through our children's lives from the start of school through graduation. I think they deserve every dime they get and I think they deserve more respect.

So surely you didn't mean to say 'they are JUST teachers'...right?
Minor

Washington, DC

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Teachers are a disposable commodity at best, and parasitical liberals in reality. Fluvanna deserves tax relief, and could not come from a more deserving crowd of do nothing part timers.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 28, 2013
Minor wrote:
Teachers are a disposable commodity at best, and parasitical liberals in reality. Fluvanna deserves tax relief, and could not come from a more deserving crowd of do nothing part timers.
Well, I do agree that the teachers are parastic liberals (kind of a redundancy). But I do not think they are "do nothings." They are merely pawns who parrot what they are told by the NEA, VEA and FlucoEA.

Teachers' main problem is that they tow the liberal line: more money equals better education, smaller class size equals better public school instruction. Now why do you think the NEA believes the latter? Could it be the same reason the U.S. Postal Workers Union (APWUA) does not want mail sorting to be automated? Bingo! More labor equals more members and more power (money) for union and association bigwigs.

Another problem with teachers is this recurring mantra that you cannot evaluate their peformance because their jobs are "too complex." I bet every worker would like to claim that! Like attorneys, doctors, cops, etc., they protect their own and keep the bad ones, just moving them from place to place.

The good ones are worth their weight in gold. The cuts should be made in admin.

R.I.P.: Mrs. Matthew Costanzo
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#6 Mar 28, 2013
I wonder if, in other parts of the country, teachers are despised as much as they are in Central Virginia. It's really puzzling to me. I can sort of understand how some might think that too much is spent on administration, sports (I saw one high school on TV that had 27 football coaches), activities, etc....but teachers? Looks like you were not paying attention in English class. Sentences that are questions should end in a question mark (see sentence below). So don't badmouth teachers for your lack of education.

"Who really cares if they cut teachers pay. They are just teachers. No one could care less what happens to them!"
I wonder if the parents in Newtown say the same about their teachers, some of whom gave their lives to protect as many children as they could.
Not a Lib

United States

#7 Mar 28, 2013
County Resident wrote:
I wonder if, in other parts of the country, teachers are despised as much as they are in Central Virginia. It's really puzzling to me. I can sort of understand how some might think that too much is spent on administration, sports (I saw one high school on TV that had 27 football coaches), activities, etc....but teachers? Looks like you were not paying attention in English class. Sentences that are questions should end in a question mark (see sentence below). So don't badmouth teachers for your lack of education.
"Who really cares if they cut teachers pay. They are just teachers. No one could care less what happens to them!"
I wonder if the parents in Newtown say the same about their teachers, some of whom gave their lives to protect as many children as they could.
It really is hard to understand the hate. Citizens angry over teachers' pay?! Nevermind that it's one of the lowest paying professional jobs that there is.
The environment in Fluvanna is toxic. They kick their very best educators in the throat often, invite them to move on and suprise, that's what they do.
Crazy

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Mar 28, 2013
no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>
You are CRAZY for saying something like that. Teachers are an asset to the children and the future! I, for one, have a lot of respect for teachers. You should not judge until you have walked in their shoes! I will add that there are some teachers less than desireable. You know, kinda like you! Your comment is pathetic!
reality

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Mar 28, 2013
County Resident wrote:
I wonder if the parents of new town wish it had been more teachers and fewer kids?

I wonder how many teachers hid behind kid
may

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 29, 2013
If everyone is so unhappy with the funding for the schools in Fluvanna,why not ban together and do something about it?
One thought would be to have your taxes broken down as follows;;
pay so much toward your Fluvanna County tax,
and then have your School taxes voted on as a separate fund. The school board would present their budget and the people in FLuvanna County would vote to accept or deny it,the Bd of Ed,would then make a revised budget and a revote would be done and then when passed the public would pay that as a separate tax and the monies put in a Bd of Ed fund and supplies,salaries,etc would be paid from only that,,,it can not be any worse then what is going on now.
Our children are entitled to an education that has value and I see that as going by the wayside.
From what I see petitions do not help,going to Bd meetings do not help,from the pictures on the news channels not to many show up,,,what will it take for the children of FLuvanna to get what they are entitled to instead of getting what the BOS think they are entitled to?
Not a Lib

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the parents of new town wish it had been more teachers and fewer kids?
You should stop hiding behind your keyboard and your mom.
Disgusting

Washington, DC

#12 Mar 30, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluvanna teachers would stack the kids like cordwood and use them as shields! They don't deserve a tenth of the money they are paid!
Retired

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 30, 2013
I think it is just sickening how much these teachers are paid for what is just a part time job, especially when poor retired people are being taxed out of their homes.

As much money as these people make, you would think they would be willing to take a reasonable pay cut of 10 or 20% to help the poor children who need supplies. After all, they get all that money but get summers off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JAG Officer Christopher Dumler Jailed for Sexua... (Mar '13) Nov '14 Scottsville 2
truck convoy Oct '14 jaymac 1
Royal Orchard Castle (Nov '07) Jun '14 hollie 14
Swannanoa Mansion (Feb '07) Mar '14 Chessie 403
Tractor Trailer Accident Causes Traffic Delays ... (Feb '12) Feb '14 FMG64 15
Planned Power Outage Monday Night (Jan '14) Jan '14 Withholdtaxes 2
William Faber (Nov '08) Dec '13 Kelly 3
Faber Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Faber People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Faber News, Events & Info