Charges of Animal Abuse and Neglect P...

Charges of Animal Abuse and Neglect Pending Against Homeowners

There are 24 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 15, 2011, titled Charges of Animal Abuse and Neglect Pending Against Homeowners. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Charges are pending against Bruce Pfeifer. Charges are pending against Robin Pfeifer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jim2051

AOL

#1 Mar 15, 2011
Glad they dont have kids. Oh sorry not goats but children. Their dogs,I guess they can do want they want with them. The human race has been beating and killing horses for Centurys.Probably still are.Beast of burden.It becomes a pet and then it is wrong. Had to put ole Jake down Ma,he couldnt pull that plow no more. I wonder what you would think about sled dogs in Alaska and around the World when they no longer performed. Probably a nice hot supper and a new blanket.
coltrane88

Mobile, AL

#2 Mar 15, 2011
I hope they are charged to the FULL extent that the laws allow, if they are found guilty.
Robbie wilkerson

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Mar 15, 2011
they should treat the people the same way they treated the animals but worse that was sick
David C

Fishersville, VA

#4 Mar 15, 2011
Dogs are the greatest animals on the planet. This story breaks my heart and infuriates me. Lock them up for as long as possible. It's that simple. I have absolutely no sympathy for these low lifes.
solution

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 15, 2011
NO excuses. Someone will be punished. If they are the owners, look at them! They don't appear poor! Even if they are poor, many ways to avoid such disaster and cruelty. Where are the thugs? Grab em and lock em up!
Eville

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 16, 2011
Anyone worried that these folks work in food service?? BARF.
Crozetbob

Macomb, MI

#7 Mar 16, 2011
Pond scum.
cVille

Miamisburg, OH

#8 Mar 16, 2011
Dear - Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney, please don't slap this one on the wrist.
sunny

Colonial Heights, VA

#9 Mar 16, 2011
Perhaps this case should be reported to the ASPCA, So something WILL be done- What kind of human does this to ANY animal? These people are just plain A---s! I would love to know what kind of employment they do, because it is scary, they work with other humans. How do they treat them?
losing freedom

Staunton, VA

#10 Mar 16, 2011
there is no reason why someone cant take care of a living creature. if you are stuggling to survive than give them away to shelters or other homes. dont mistreat or let them or anything live like that. that is not human. my pets are like my children. i would not harm a hair on there body.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 16, 2011
The rest of this story will eventually be known after they are charged with neglect and cruelty of the dogs, and I believe they will be.
It appears that the dogs were intentionally abandoned and left to die a painful death.
What can their defense possibly be if they don't take a plea bargin.
They had humane options if they no longer wanted the dogs.
danielle

United States

#12 Mar 16, 2011
i hope these people get what they deserve !!!! how could any one do this ? these people are sick and disturbing i hope they go down for there actions they knew what they were doing !!!

if n e one needs to go to jail its these dumb asses
myself

United States

#13 Mar 16, 2011
i herd they own a restaurant so i know they can afford to take care of these dogs its wrong and dirty they said they found bones and everything else in plastic bags its hard to say what they were doing with these dogs like i said send these idiots to jail !!!
CvilleGordo

Ivor, VA

#15 Mar 16, 2011
coltrane88 wrote:
I hope they are charged to the FULL extent that the laws allow, if they are found guilty.
You hope they are charged if they are found guilty? Huh?
buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#16 Mar 16, 2011
myself wrote:
i herd they own a restaurant so i know they can afford to take care of these dogs its wrong and dirty they said they found bones and everything else in plastic bags its hard to say what they were doing with these dogs like i said send these idiots to jail !!!
I hope none of the "dogs" made it to their restaurant...eeeyewww...
abcd

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Bengalandi wrote:
The rest of this story will eventually be known after they are charged with neglect and cruelty of the dogs, and I believe they will be.
It appears that the dogs were intentionally abandoned and left to die a painful death.
What can their defense possibly be if they don't take a plea bargin.
They had humane options if they no longer wanted the dogs.
Pray there is no plea. These creatures deserve to be locked up for a long long time.

Since: Apr 08

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Mar 16, 2011
Update: Investigators file more than a dozen criminal charges against husband/wife landowners where abused/dead dogs found. Robin Pfeifer arrested on Nelson County animal abuse and neglect charges, police still looking for Bruce Pfeifer.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Mar 16, 2011
abcd wrote:
<quoted text>Pray there is no plea. These creatures deserve to be locked up for a long long time.
I meant to say, offered a plea, that they would probably accept since they don't really have a defense. So many cases are settled this way.
Good news that one creature has been arrested! The other one can't hide forever.
jim2051

AOL

#20 Mar 16, 2011
abcd wrote:
<quoted text>Pray there is no plea. These creatures deserve to be locked up for a long long time.
Yea great lock them up and dont feed them like they did the dogs. You aint no better than they are.
abcd

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Mar 17, 2011
jim2051 wrote:
<quoted text>Yea great lock them up and dont feed them like they did the dogs. You aint no better than they are.
huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Faber (Nov '08) Apr '15 Chris 4
News Fluvanna SPCA Wins $5,000 Grant from Humane Soc... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Justin Case 4
News Company Doing Blasting at CHO Has History of Pr... (Jun '13) Jun '13 DHS Purchasing Dept 11
News Weyers Cave Man Found Guilty of Rape, Jury Reco... (Jun '13) Jun '13 zapper 10
News Louisa County Woman Named Volunteer of the Year (Jun '13) Jun '13 GeorgeHdaV 1
News Nelson County Cleans Up After Severe Weather (Jun '13) Jun '13 TL in Cville 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) May '12 blah 136

Faber Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Faber Mortgages