Pfeifer Convicted on Animal Cruelty C...

Pfeifer Convicted on Animal Cruelty Counts

There are 40 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Pfeifer Convicted on Animal Cruelty Counts. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Robin Pfeifer has been convicted on 10 counts of animal cruelty and nine counts of failure to bury an animal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BruceMissing

Douglasville, GA

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Actually Bruce was reported 'missing' in early March
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/17552/VA/US/
screechy

Dyke, VA

#2 Apr 27, 2011
She should have to serve her year in jail. She may not have murdered a person, but she did cause the death of three living creatures by neglecting to properly care for them. The county just wants their money, I guess.
Disillusioned

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 27, 2011
"The court also ruled that she cannot own another companion animal."

She shouldn't be able to own any kind of animal. Should also have been made to do community service instead of getting totally off the hook.$3600 probably didn't cover the cost of the police, SPCA and animal rescue services.

Maybe now Mr. Pfeifer will appear since he knows he'll probably get off without jail time, too.

Since: Nov 08

Raleigh, NC

#4 Apr 27, 2011
I'd be checking all those plastic bags for parts of Mr. Pfeifer. Or she pulled a "Fried Green Tomatoes" and made dog food out of him. Just saying. This lady looks creepy. I like the hat though.
zZz

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 27, 2011
He's now Hasen-Pfeifer ; dogs loved it.
True True

United States

#6 Apr 27, 2011
To cville native: Best dang barbecue in the South! As crazy as people are nowadays, I wouldn't doubt it. Love the comment!
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 27, 2011
She got a mere slap on the wrist....how sad is that!
Just thinking

State College, PA

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Wow so you can go around and kill animals for no reason and receive no jail time. So what if Mr. Loony is the one in that bag does that mean she dont have to service time? I wouldnt trust this woman with a pencil. Maybe she used the dog's brain as a transplant for her mental ability. Anyone that abuse a innconcent animal should never be aloud outside to see daylight again. This world is pitiful we have no laws. She should be made to work at a SPCA everyday cleaning poop with no scooper for the remainder of her pitiful life and with Mr. Loony. Just sad ... goes to show what this world has come to and those so called people that suppose to protect. Maybe she will get one of their dogs. Loser's
CECE

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 27, 2011
To "Just Thinking's" comment: I couldn't have said it any better. Would love to have been the judge.
curious

Purcellville, VA

#10 Apr 27, 2011
were any mental health issues raised as part of her defense? I have seen cases where "animal hoarding" was considered a symptom of dementia. I also know of a farmer who chose not to slaughter his last herd of beef cattle. He simply fed them and grazed them until they died of old age on his farm. He was investigated for cruelty, but the veterinarian concluded most of the animals were pretty old, and there was no evidence of any malnourishmnet, other than the bones from the catlle who died in the wooded area of his farm.
Berne

Ashland, VA

#11 Apr 27, 2011
She shouldn't have received one day off that jail sentence. She did this horrendous crime, ahe should do the time.
Sunnyside

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 27, 2011
How are they going know for sure that she will not have another pet to harm/
Berne

Ashland, VA

#13 Apr 27, 2011
In addition, this kind of animal cruelty should be classified a felony, not merely a misdemeanor.
Ridiculous

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Apr 27, 2011
And how much time did Michael Vick receive? Wow, what a justice system.
Tracy

State College, PA

#15 Apr 27, 2011
Amen, Ridiculous that just goes to show how this world works. Vick gets a year and his career is ruin and these quacks get a little fine and slap on the hand. Sounds to me like the courts, etc must be related to the clowns.
Mom2x

Lynchburg, VA

#16 Apr 27, 2011
Hmmm, dead dogs and dog parts in bags? Missing husband...coincidence? Maybe they should be looking for his body on their property too!
Funny Man

Ruckersville, VA

#18 Apr 27, 2011
There should be a National Animal Abuser Registry. Perhaps then these nuts would not be able to move to another locale and abuse again. Of course we all know that just like sexual abuse addiction; animal abuse is incurable.
9grandkids

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 27, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
And how much time did Michael Vick receive? Wow, what a justice system.
I was thinking the same thing. How is what she did different than what he did? And her mistreatment was direct from her to the dogs.
believer

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Apr 27, 2011
Michael Vick, this lady. Once again, it shows that he was used as an example, this lady did the same thing and won't be serving no jail time. She needs to pull that year just like Vick pulled his time, but as usual, the justice system being what it is, she walks.
Animal Friend

North Garden, VA

#21 Apr 27, 2011
This woman should be in jail, her husband should be too, shame on you judge for not seeing this through! This is worse than a tragedy, its a slap in animals faces!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fans of the '70s hit TV show "The Waltons" plan... Feb 20 IrishEyes37 1
News NC couple charged, wanted in Nelson County shoo... (Aug '17) Aug '17 eye opener 1
William Faber (Nov '08) Apr '15 Chris 4
News Fluvanna SPCA Wins $5,000 Grant from Humane Soc... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Justin Case 4
News Company Doing Blasting at CHO Has History of Pr... (Jun '13) Jun '13 DHS Purchasing Dept 11
News Weyers Cave Man Found Guilty of Rape, Jury Reco... (Jun '13) Jun '13 zapper 10
News Louisa County Woman Named Volunteer of the Year (Jun '13) Jun '13 GeorgeHdaV 1

Faber Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Faber Mortgages