Suicide suspected after collision with deer

There are 9 comments on the Jul 20, 2010, York Dispatch story titled Suicide suspected after collision with deer. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Police believe a western Pennsylvania motorcyclist who struck a deer with his bike killed himself after the crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

geez

York, PA

#1 Jul 20, 2010
Damn dude! It was just a deer! You didn't have to kill yourself over it!
fallgirl

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jul 20, 2010
geez wrote:
Damn dude! It was just a deer! You didn't have to kill yourself over it!
To the above disrespectful jerk.. the man was a very good friend of mine.... im sure he didnt committ suicide over a deer..you are very disrepectful..so why dont you knock it off, and keep your mouth shut..........
whatyoulookinat

Stewartstown, PA

#3 Jul 20, 2010
fallgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
To the above disrespectful jerk.. the man was a very good friend of mine.... im sure he didnt committ suicide over a deer..you are very disrepectful..so why dont you knock it off, and keep your mouth shut..........
well id sure like to know the story

Mister Sensitive

York, PA

#4 Jul 20, 2010
Looks like SOMEbody had a very bad day.
Purple Harley Girl

Irwin, PA

#5 Jul 21, 2010
Nobody who knew Amo or who has been a rider would ever give a tinker what the rest of the world thinks. A rider alone, on a desolate road in the middle of the night pinned under a 900 pound bike....Those are the only facts we know for sure. His ride his terms, no one but the Lord as his judge.
Bob

New York, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2010
The original story said he had a gunshot wound to the BACK of his head. I find it very strange. If you were in pain to the point to put yourself out of misery, does anyone think the back of the head would be the entry point of a bullet? Is there residue on his hand? Sounds like there is quite a bit of info missing here and I hope the police actually follow through to the end of this investigation. Possibility of foul play seems likely.
curious

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
What I find strange is they can make a ruling of suicide and still say test results pending.
I also find it strange that Amo could reach in pull out his gun but what about his phone??? I wouldn't call the area desolate, I'm sure it's not well traveled at that time of night but somebody was around. Who called the state troopers about the dead deer??? I really think the botched this one, I think the authorities should have paid more attention. Either way we lost a great guy, may he be at peace.
Disgusted

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jul 30, 2010
Bob wrote:
Possibility of foul play seems likely.
This is Westmoreland County. The police around here simply can't handle anything bigger than speeding tickets, traffic violations, and petty crime. Unless there's overwhelming evidence against someone in a major crime around here, it usually seems to get filed under "cold case".

Sad....but true.
not curious

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Westmoreland County. The police around here simply can't handle anything bigger than speeding tickets, traffic violations, and petty crime. Unless there's overwhelming evidence against someone in a major crime around here, it usually seems to get filed under "cold case".
Sad....but true.
Simple case actually, he was riding a motorcycle with no helmet, hits a deer and dies. Case closed. No need to spend any anymore tax dollars figgerin it out.

Wait, oh look he's got a bullet in his head from a gun he wasn't permitted to carry. Still case closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Export Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Derry seeks way to end stray cat problem (Apr '07) Apr 14 Serial Killer 67
Masturbating partner Mar 28 Shawn36 1
Cornerstone Ministries:Church or Cult? (Mar '13) Mar '15 Chasingafterhim 15
News Pa. school stabber inspired by Columbine (Sep '14) Mar '15 miss_bunting 2
Who is Maxwell Morton & why would he shoot Ryan... Feb '15 jjh 6
News Jeannette man charged with attempted homicide (Dec '10) Feb '15 outta state dude 2
To the thief who stole our copper. . . (Feb '14) Feb '15 Per Curiam 4
More from around the web

Export People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]