Governor Garrahy Remembered For Progr...

Governor Garrahy Remembered For Progressivism

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Jan 26, 2012, titled Governor Garrahy Remembered For Progressivism. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Ever-preserved in the minds of Rhode Islanders as the 'regular Joe' who worked around the clock in his plaid shirt through the blizzard that stopped the state in 1978, another former Rhode Island lawmaker remember former Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Joe Zenga

AOL

#1 Jan 27, 2012
So sorry to the Garrahy family for your loss.Gov Joe Marg and her sisters gathered at my condo in Fl. about 25 min. from their place to have some laughs about old time not knowing that I would not see him again.He is being described as a beer salesman in many articles but really was not.I go back to the 50's with the Gov and knew him then as the Goodwill Ambassador to the Narragansett Brewering Co.The sales people and his collegues were Tom O'Donnell, Bill Mackie. Joe Hanley. Sal D'Aquila and the president Al Fianza.The Considines were very close to Joe.He was always a great person who did what he could for people in need.He along with a the Garrahy,s all and with their cousins, The Leydens fell from a good tree having come from county Claire in Ireland.He probably shook everyones hand in the state as he was not only the Gov. of, a citizen of, but a fixture of what was then known as this great state of Rhode Island.I cannot believe that both Joe and Bill Duggan passed away after having spent almost their whole lives together all the way back to Lasalle.They were three years ahead of me.I got Joe to be the guest speaker at a tesimonial for Jack Ryan(police chief) along wit Bill Lynch from John Fogarty,s office in the 60,s. He was then a senator.This could go on forever but we thank you Marg. and family for allowing your husband and father to be our servant and Governor. This was a tribute to all. again, thank you. Joe Zenga (East Greenwich)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are the RI posters? (Nov '06) Sep '17 Watchhillman 4
Gay dating (Jan '14) Aug '17 Star Dust 4
man/child wimps recklessly speeding on west st... (Dec '11) Aug '17 Justin 77
Kathy @ Big River Inn (Feb '11) Dec '16 cndmrapper 7
Is Wyoming as stupid as the media claims? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Non media 1
Ladd school (Aug '16) Aug '16 rdicarlo 1
Beatles For Sale tribute show returns to W. Kin... (Mar '16) Mar '16 New England Music... 1

Exeter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Exeter Mortgages