Head Start changes raise issues

Apr 30, 2010 Full story: Seacoast Online 26

The board of directors for Rockingham Community Action, a social service agency serving families on the Seacoast of New Hampshire, voted last week to close three Head Start program locations in an effort to consolidate operations.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

Exeter, NH

#21 May 15, 2010
Amanda K wrote:
Don't worry I would not let someone with such a chip on their shoulder come anywhere near my children.
We aren't on welfare either thank you very much. The program my child participates in is no different than all the kids that go to public school.
dont be so upset never said you where on wellfare and i was on wellfare for 6 months once my child got sick with kidney problem and for a short time i needed help nothing wrong with that as long as you do everything in your power to get off it and help yourself. everyone may have a bump in the road a few times in thier life thats what welfare is for or should be for. i just have a diferent opinoin than you do about goverment taking our kids to early when the parents are the best teachers and caretakers or they should be not the state. if you can not do it thats one thing or need help thats ok but to many parents are using the state programs to use them to do the things they should be doing. i believe your kids should come first. i will lay down my life for my kids give them everything i have to to teach them and most inportant love them with all my heart. i never said you do this i was speaking in general you took it personal i can not help that. the state wants is to be 100 percent dependent on them and that is scary becouse you have more to offer your child then they do and the dads need to step up. im a dad i home schooled my child for a few years when the goverment mandated school was unable to teach her how to read by the third grade. i sent her back in 2 years at grade level reading. do not put all your eggs in the states basket some times they fail and we fail when we do not take our eggs back and hatch them ourself.
Welfare Broads

Exeter, NH

#22 May 15, 2010
I haven't met a women on welfare yet that I couldn't screw they are tickled to let a man with a job screw them I just make sure it's wrapped because most are pigs.
carpetlicker

Exeter, NH

#23 May 15, 2010
Welfare Broads wrote:
I haven't met a women on welfare yet that I couldn't screw they are tickled to let a man with a job screw them I just make sure it's wrapped because most are pigs.
you know me and tried to bed me down when at you know whose party and i said to you get a job and i would let you watch me while i was doing my boyfriend remember? have you started work yet?i do like you tho, so hurry up to the town office and get that town job
Nonails69

Seabrook, NH

#24 May 15, 2010
alright we can tell who didn't go to headstart,the one above with the f and f every other word.Headstart molded my 17 year old HS senior into the Honor roll student she is,head start gives kids exactly that a "head start" and makes them a step ahead of all the other kids.My only regret is that after head start I enrolled my kid in kindergarden and now she will be graduating so young and she hates me for that because she is the youngest in her class,BUT at the 3rd top highest percentile of her class.Head start is great!And NOT a waste of money either!I had to be low income just to get in.
yes

Exeter, NH

#25 May 15, 2010
Nonails69 wrote:
alright we can tell who didn't go to headstart,the one above with the f and f every other word.Headstart molded my 17 year old HS senior into the Honor roll student she is,head start gives kids exactly that a "head start" and makes them a step ahead of all the other kids.My only regret is that after head start I enrolled my kid in kindergarden and now she will be graduating so young and she hates me for that because she is the youngest in her class,BUT at the 3rd top highest percentile of her class.Head start is great!And NOT a waste of money either!I had to be low income just to get in.
so the ritch kids get punished by not getting to go to head start
RevKev

Exeter, NH

#26 May 26, 2010
As the pastor of Raymond Baptist Church, we had the opportunity of hosting Head Start at our facility. The staff here has been excellent and we are sorry to see them leave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Mitt Romney wants Jan 18 gafriv 3
VacationOwnership.com LLC Announces Recruiting ... Jan 9 matiilda 1
2 more Irishmen charged in IRA home bugged by MI5 Jan 3 Lawrence James co... 10
Missing dog from Blake Road in Epping. Jan 1 missingdog 1
Competition draws non-profits Dec 27 tommy knappe 3
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Dec '14 Angry White Unite... 312
Alphonse Dixon (Aug '09) Dec '14 GarysCandyland 3

Blizzard Warning for Rockingham County was issued at January 26 at 3:45PM EST

Exeter News Video

Exeter Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Exeter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:19 pm PST