Comments on fire chief draw heat

Comments on fire chief draw heat

There are 7 comments on the The Exeter News-Letter story from Aug 4, 2006, titled Comments on fire chief draw heat. In it, The Exeter News-Letter reports that:

The fallout from Fire Chief Rick Malasky's recent suspension landed this week on Town Councilor Dana Glennon, who was targeted for criticism by some of his colleagues for publicly disclosing the reasons for the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Exeter News-Letter.

samantha

Exeter, NH

#1 Aug 8, 2006
Dana Glennon, certainly knew what he was doing.
Glennon, has in the past done the same with
other town employees. It is time for the town
councilor to oust Glennon before there are serious
law suits.

However it was not only Glennon, other councilors
were quoted in the press and spoke to other
town citizens regarding the situation. They too, should be ousted! There is no excuse for this conduct.
Scot

Merrimack, NH

#2 Sep 29, 2006
samantha wrote:
law suits.
town citizens regarding the situation. They too, should be ousted! There is no excuse for this conduct.
As a TAXPAYER FOR NEWMARKET...
I think it was wrong what Rick Malsky did... IT WAS A FIRE TRUCK BOUGHT BY THE TOWN.
The Towns WATER...(The town has been dealing with SAFE DRINKING water issues for years.)
ALSO... if Rick had damaged this persons property or someone else while USING THE TRUCK the town would BE ROYAL SUED.!!!!
AS A TAXPAPER.... DANA GLENNON WORKS FOR THE TOWNSPEOPLE!!!!! He had every right to discuss this issue in the Public form
How about POST MESSAGES ABOUT THE TOWN YOU LIVE IN!!!!!
samantha

Brookline, MA

#3 Oct 11, 2006
First, I never said what Malasky did was right.
In fact it is wrong and stupid.
I questioned Glennons motives and other councilors conduct.
Glennon has been on the board long enough to know the RSA's. No he did not have the right to discuss
in public session. The State RSA's prohibit this.
There are many issues that should be discussed in public-however the Laws prohobit this.
Under the States RSA one can not discuss
those that draw a salary. Discussion can only be
done with that persons consent. One can only criticize elected officicals in public sessions.
Right or wrong those are the RSAs.
I feel the RSA's should be changed- but until such
is done all elected officials should be careful
of what is said.
Degrading those on the payroll can cause a large
lawsuit. We have 3 town employees that can sue the town due to comments made by councilors. These comments can be seen as harrassement.
2- your address says Londonderry
3-I am a taxpayer in the community of Newmarket-
Mick

Seekonk, MA

#4 Oct 11, 2006
samantha wrote:
law suits.
Samanta, As a 30 year taxpayer of Newmarket, I appreciate your zeal in addressing the town corruption. Unfortunately this incident is only the tip of the iceberg! I would like to know if there is a way we could talk and still maintain our anonimity?
samantha

Brookline, MA

#5 Oct 12, 2006
Mick wrote:
<quoted text> Samanta, As a 30 year taxpayer of Newmarket, I appreciate your zeal in addressing the town corruption. Unfortunately this incident is only the tip of the iceberg! I would like to know if there is a way we could talk and still maintain our anonimity?
I own two properties in two towns, and reside in one of the towns which is your quess. I have been a property owner for over 30 years, and could write a
book about newmarket and its dirty politics, I do know what I am talking about and have facts to back up everything that I mention.
Mick

Seekonk, MA

#6 Oct 15, 2006
samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
I own two properties in two towns, and reside in one of the towns which is your quess. I have been a property owner for over 30 years, and could write a
book about newmarket and its dirty politics, I do know what I am talking about and have facts to back up everything that I mention.
Thanks for the reply! I too have multiple properties. This is the most corrupt administration I've seen. Unfortunately, it goes down to the bottom as well. I expect to see some indictments soon. I'm tired of being ripped off!!
samantha

Brookline, MA

#7 Oct 15, 2006
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply! I too have multiple properties. This is the most corrupt administration I've seen. Unfortunately, it goes down to the bottom as well. I expect to see some indictments soon. I'm tired of being ripped off!!
Sounds like you know someting big. I will be watching the newspapers.
I hate politics-why cant they just do the job for the people that elected them. It will be interesting to
see where the money for the underground utilitieswil come from- it was voted down yet they are moving forward And the farce with the mills- just take down the mills and creat a water park for all
they say ncdc is independent yet the town council appoints 5 people to this group-what do they think that all of the taxpayers are stupid.
hold on to your money taxes will be arising

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Updated: State Democrats elect final 8 national... Apr 19 Julie Jane 1
News Mystery Meat Found on Several New Hampshire Roads Mar 30 DILF 4
News Trump campaign shows a different side after Iow... Mar '16 no donald 2
News Trump campaign shows a different side after Iow... Feb '16 EMILY 1
News Awards show to reveal best of New Hampshire the... Jan '16 EVE STMARIE 1
News Teen cast to present 'Arsenic and Old Lace' in ... Jan '16 EVE STMARIE 1
News Community suppers Jan '16 ST JAMES ANN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Exeter Mortgages