drunk driving

There are 5 comments on the www.citizen.com story from Apr 17, 2009, titled drunk driving . In it, www.citizen.com reports that:

Friday, April 17, 2009 You would think there has been enough attention given to the serving of intoxicated persons to make owners, managers and personnel mindful of the risks they face in not paying close enough attention to the law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.citizen.com.

“real news for real people”

Since: Feb 08

bristol

#1 Apr 17, 2009
just stop restaurants from selling alcohol. you can not stop drunk driving by putting restaurants out of business.
Curious

Bristol, NH

#2 May 25, 2009
johneyonetime wrote:
just stop restaurants from selling alcohol. you can not stop drunk driving by putting restaurants out of business.
Are you for real?
Macy Gray

Boston, MA

#3 Jun 1, 2009
I do not live in NH but know many people that do. I hear them talk about many of their friends that have been charged with DUI and have lost their licenses. Why is it that there are so many people in NH that drink and drive? Not that it doesn't happen in MA but it just seems like so many in NH. And I read the NH police logs in Seacoast online and there are a lot of arrests for DUI and driving without licenses. Just an observation. I don't mean to make anyone mad.
annonymous

Belmont, NH

#4 Jun 3, 2009
Well there is a simple explanation to why NH has more arrest for DUI, because in Mass it is not a crime. Look up any major city in Mass and see the arrest for DUI for a year...sad that larger departments look the other way and or fail to enforce a crime that often leads to death or serious injury :( Way to go NH for making the roads safer from reckless drunk drivers.
Macy Gray

Boston, MA

#5 Jun 5, 2009
annonymous wrote:
Well there is a simple explanation to why NH has more arrest for DUI, because in Mass it is not a crime. Look up any major city in Mass and see the arrest for DUI for a year...sad that larger departments look the other way and or fail to enforce a crime that often leads to death or serious injury :( Way to go NH for making the roads safer from reckless drunk drivers.
How can you say it's not a crime in MA? I think there are just more drunks in NH that foolishly drink and drive.

Here's a round-up of mandatory OUI penalties in Massachusetts. You can find further information in Chapter 2 of the Massachusetts Driver's Manual.

First Offense
Fine:$500 to $5,000
Jail: No minimum to 2.5 years
Driver's license suspension: one year
Drivers arrested for a first OUI offense can get their sentences reduced by agreeing to complete a state-approved alcohol education program. This is not an option after the first offense.

Second Offense
Fine:$600 to $10,000
Jail: 30 days to 2.5 years
Driver's license suspension: two years
Third Offense (felony)
Fine:$1,000 to $15,000
Jail: 150 days to five years
Suspension: eight years
Fourth Offense (felony)
Fine:$1,500 to $25,000
Jail: one to five years
Suspension: 10 years
Fifth Offense (felony)
Fine:$20,000 to $50,000
Jail: two to five years
Suspension: lifetime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body reported in Merrimack River in Tyngsboro m... Oct '16 Joseph H 3
News Pence: Media's 'monolithic opposition' to Trump... Oct '16 HillarysLockerTalk 1
Joshua Auclair (Nov '10) Oct '16 Josh 15
News Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Oct '16 a fat arse 315
Review: Andrew Cotrupi Law Office (Feb '09) Sep '16 Kaiser Orwell 6
Gay Hampton Beach and Area. (Jul '15) Aug '16 john19974 4
College students commuting to portsmouth Jul '16 Alice225 1

Exeter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Exeter Mortgages