Man faces assault charges in death

Man faces assault charges in death

There are 158 comments on the EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA story from Jun 19, 2009, titled Man faces assault charges in death. In it, EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA reports that:

The Rockingham County grand jury recently indicted David D. Janvrin Jr. on two counts of assault in the August 2008 case of the death of Scott Eaton at the former Old Firebarn Restaurant in Seabrook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
CURIOUS

Dover, NH

#1 Jun 20, 2009
See Paul... Let the Court System do its job! Tell what you know and see how things turn out. Time tells all.
true brooker

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2009
CURIOUS wrote:
See Paul... Let the Court System do its job! Tell what you know and see how things turn out. Time tells all.
thank you hun
Bad all around

New Britain, CT

#3 Jun 20, 2009
David will be just fine. The Jury will see it was an ACCIDENT.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#4 Jun 21, 2009
Bad all around wrote:
David will be just fine. The Jury will see it was an ACCIDENT.
Ya he's only faceing 3 and half to 7 years in state prison.If the grand jury thought it was just an ACCIDENT they wouldnt have indited him now would they,he probly should have taken the first plea bargin they offered him,dont ya think my friend,i know who you are now i thought we were friends,use some common sence that i thought you had.
Bad all around

New Britain, CT

#5 Jun 22, 2009
Ya Thought you were mine too but I guess I was wrong. And you really think he deserves to serve that time. Dosent means hes guilty cause he got indicted does it.the truth of what happened will come out. Im done talking about it ill see you in court.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#6 Jun 22, 2009
Well the GRAND JURY indited him so what do you think i know you are smart person and you have the right to your opinion my friend.You got it bro i cant wait,now you finally made some sence, thank you i will still be your friend after this is over but it will never be truely over someone died out of it.I'll buy you a beer i'll have to have a water i dont drink anymore if you want to discuss it some more we can.Let me ask you one guestion what do you think should happen to David i want your honest opinion? i know you are a honest person.Another thing sucks is that me and his father are great friends i hope it stays that way ive known him all my life he's a good man.You will defently see me there, see ya.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#7 Jun 22, 2009
CURIOUS wrote:
This is true, i guess some people dont see it that way.Ive lost my bestfriend never to see him again till i'm in heaven with him some people think that this guy should walk.I knew if the shoe was on the other foot i'd expect Scott would have to pay for what he done through the court system and the Lord up above.Why would the state spend all that money on this case if they werent sure of gettin a conviction, think about it?thank you for your support (curious)time will tell.
truely saddend

Sanbornton, NH

#8 Jun 22, 2009
true brooker wrote:
Well the GRAND JURY indited him so what do you think i know you are smart person and you have the right to your opinion my friend.You got it bro i cant wait,now you finally made some sence, thank you i will still be your friend after this is over but it will never be truely over someone died out of it.I'll buy you a beer i'll have to have a water i dont drink anymore if you want to discuss it some more we can.Let me ask you one guestion what do you think should happen to David i want your honest opinion? i know you are a honest person.Another thing sucks is that me and his father are great friends i hope it stays that way ive known him all my life he's a good man.You will defently see me there, see ya.
It sucks that Scott died,and he was a good person but so is Dave!I believe in all honesty that it was a tragic accident but, i don't just blame Dave!#1 they should have never moved Scott from the building thats common sense I dont care what anyone says! thats something everyone involved will have to live with for the rest of their lives!I hope you can find peace in this Paul, it sucks to loose someone close but you need to remember all the good times that you had, I'm not bad mouthing anyone this is just my opinion.
on both sides

Haverhill, MA

#9 Jun 22, 2009
I think in this situation there is no easy answer on how to handle a punishment for an accident. We need to put ourselves in each of the mens family's shoes. Burying your son or daughter or friend is the most difficult thing to imagine, and you want the person responsible for doing this to pay. On the other hand what if it is your son or daughter or friend that did this by accident. Yes he did mean to hit him but not kill him. It was a fight that both men engaged in. What if a fight you had been in years ago had resulted in the same situation. Putting david in jail will not bring scott back and will not make him feel any worse then he already does. Why not have him do community service (heck for the rest of his life) Have him educate youth's on what the result of a fight could be. This is just my opinion, so before all the haters jump all over me that is all I am doing is stating my opinion. The whole situation is painful.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#10 Jun 22, 2009
truely saddend wrote:
<quoted text>
It sucks that Scott died,and he was a good person but so is Dave!I believe in all honesty that it was a tragic accident but, i don't just blame Dave!#1 they should have never moved Scott from the building thats common sense I dont care what anyone says! thats something everyone involved will have to live with for the rest of their lives!I hope you can find peace in this Paul, it sucks to loose someone close but you need to remember all the good times that you had, I'm not bad mouthing anyone this is just my opinion.
Thank you for your honest opinion,and yes it does suck.You are right they should have never moved him,but thats not what killed him,it will come out what happened in court.I dont know Dave to good but i do know his father and he is a great friend of mine i hope it doesnt change no matter what becomes of this.This really sucks,if you have ever lost your bestfriend that you have been friends with all your life then you know how i feel again thank you for your honest opinion.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#11 Jun 22, 2009
on both sides wrote:
I think in this situation there is no easy answer on how to handle a punishment for an accident. We need to put ourselves in each of the mens family's shoes. Burying your son or daughter or friend is the most difficult thing to imagine, and you want the person responsible for doing this to pay. On the other hand what if it is your son or daughter or friend that did this by accident. Yes he did mean to hit him but not kill him. It was a fight that both men engaged in. What if a fight you had been in years ago had resulted in the same situation. Putting david in jail will not bring scott back and will not make him feel any worse then he already does. Why not have him do community service (heck for the rest of his life) Have him educate youth's on what the result of a fight could be. This is just my opinion, so before all the haters jump all over me that is all I am doing is stating my opinion. The whole situation is painful.
Thank you,i'm not a person to hate anyone, god will judge us when we get there.Ive been in many fights in my life i could have been killed or could have killed someone.I do know what you are saying and i like your honesty.I'm sure he didnt mean to kill Scott i understand that.The whole story will come out in court from the first fight 2 weeks before this happened to what lead up to the first punch thrown on that unforgetable night,again thank you.
no one wins

Stratham, NH

#12 Jun 22, 2009
i have said before david didnt mean to kill scott if it was davids fault. i think when people get into fights they want to hurt the other one but not kill them.i have been in many fights myself and i wanted to hurt the one i was fighting with,,that iswhy you fight to hurt someone,if you say no you are a liar,,but someone did get hurt,as a matter of fact they died,,was it davids fault,,,i dont know,,but to say he didnt want to hurt scott is a bunch of bullshit,,i dont think he wanted to kill scott,,but it happen,,so the question is,,what should happen to david? In my opinion let the court system answer that,,whatever the verdict is no one will be happy.paul you wont like it unless he does many years in jail,,the family wont like it unless he does no time,,So where do we stand. I say that you are responsable for your actions weather it is right or wrong.Someone died from davids actions.He must pay his dues.I dont know what the dues should be,but paul you arent the court system,let it be..I know he was your friend,everyone has lost friends before and we will lose many more .What do you think if you hit someone paul under the same situation and they died,,Dont you think all your brothers and family would say the same thing as davids family is saying,i do,.i think your brothers would of hunted the person down and proubally killed him,I know if someone did that to my family member there would be trouble,,So paul let the court system take care of it,,i aint gonna say how much time david should get cause i dont know what happen ,you werent there paul and you are goin by hear say,,i whish the best of luck for everyone involved..but david did mean to hit scott and now he has to pay his dues whatever they are
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#13 Jun 22, 2009
no one wins wrote:
i have said before david didnt mean to kill scott if it was davids fault. i think when people get into fights they want to hurt the other one but not kill them.i have been in many fights myself and i wanted to hurt the one i was fighting with,,that iswhy you fight to hurt someone,if you say no you are a liar,,but someone did get hurt,as a matter of fact they died,,was it davids fault,,,i dont know,,but to say he didnt want to hurt scott is a bunch of bullshit,,i dont think he wanted to kill scott,,but it happen,,so the question is,,what should happen to david? In my opinion let the court system answer that,,whatever the verdict is no one will be happy.paul you wont like it unless he does many years in jail,,the family wont like it unless he does no time,,So where do we stand. I say that you are responsable for your actions weather it is right or wrong.Someone died from davids actions.He must pay his dues.I dont know what the dues should be,but paul you arent the court system,let it be..I know he was your friend,everyone has lost friends before and we will lose many more .What do you think if you hit someone paul under the same situation and they died,,Dont you think all your brothers and family would say the same thing as davids family is saying,i do,.i think your brothers would of hunted the person down and proubally killed him,I know if someone did that to my family member there would be trouble,,So paul let the court system take care of it,,i aint gonna say how much time david should get cause i dont know what happen ,you werent there paul and you are goin by hear say,,i whish the best of luck for everyone involved..but david did mean to hit scott and now he has to pay his dues whatever they are
Thank you, you are right the grand jury will deside and another thing you are right on my brothers or my father or my friends would be all over them i doubt to kill them as you say but again you never know then if that will happen.I know just as well as you do he was after Scott and again for the hundreth time i know david wasnt out to kill Scott as they put it,thats the chance you take fighting you know that as well as i do,its not worth it anymore, to go out looking for a fight that is what we did in our younger years to old now lol thanks for your honesty
Bad all around

New Britain, CT

#14 Jun 22, 2009
If the shoe was on the other foot you would not want scott to spend time in jail paul Please I know you better than that.I dont think David should spend years in jail for 1 punch, The most unluckiest punch a man could of thrown and he lives with that everyday. But you are entitled to your opinion just as I am mine.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#15 Jun 22, 2009
Bad all around wrote:
If the shoe was on the other foot you would not want scott to spend time in jail paul Please I know you better than that.I dont think David should spend years in jail for 1 punch, The most unluckiest punch a man could of thrown and he lives with that everyday. But you are entitled to your opinion just as I am mine.
Come on again what do you think should happen?did you read my post i said if the shoe was on the other foot and Scott killed David i think Scott should pay for his actions if thats to do time then so be it,why are you fighting this so hard SOMEONE GOT KILLED HERE can i say it any louder i know he didnt meen to kill Scott for the hundreth time again,but Scott died caused by a punch to the head it was in the ortopsie and the medical examiner ruled that, i mean what more do you want me to say he should get a slap on the wrist, come on.Did you know that he was offered a plea bargin and he turned it down he must have a stupid lawyer.If you want to talk more about this i'd rather talk to you face to face ok,i know you are a honest and good person lets talk if you would like to anytime thanks Paul.
Bad all around

AOL

#16 Jun 22, 2009
Again I dont believe that you would want your best friend to go to jail. But paul im done. your entitled to your opinion. Im done with all this Take care.
true brooker

Exeter, NH

#17 Jun 22, 2009
Bad all around wrote:
Again I dont believe that you would want your best friend to go to jail. But paul im done. your entitled to your opinion. Im done with all this Take care.
If he did what he was accused of i wouldnt open my mouth i would have said to him you deserve what you get,of course i dont want to see anyone go to jail.I just dont get you and you are the only one ive spoken that believes he shoulnt get anything out of this.So again slap him on his wrist is all you want out of this huh.Im done talking to you i thought you were a honest person but looks like you think he should walk i'm sorry but i dont think so and i know he's not going to.And you are entitled to your opinion ive heard yous it's part right but you are not looking at the whole picture see you in court and or around town.
rob k

Exeter, NH

#18 Jun 24, 2009
you say what would your brothers do or think.i cant speek for my other brothers on how they feel but.i have a older brother he was in jail over half his life.my mother would say how come you never go and viset him.all i tell her is he did the crime he can do the time.so ask my opinion now you know.i would rather have been left out of this.but i do feel for both famleys
true brooker

Springfield, MO

#19 Jun 25, 2009
rob k wrote:
you say what would your brothers do or think.i cant speek for my other brothers on how they feel but.i have a older brother he was in jail over half his life.my mother would say how come you never go and viset him.all i tell her is he did the crime he can do the time.so ask my opinion now you know.i would rather have been left out of this.but i do feel for both famleys
Thanks for the help bro i was getting ganged up on a little there,thats true what come around goes around.I cant believe the nerve of some people thats what frustrates me about some people,i'm sure he didnt meen to do it we know that but someone died here so i guess that person that did the crime should what Scott free wow.Thats like if you had 1 drink and got in a accident and a person got killed you should walk i guess huh what do you think bro.
true brooker

Springfield, MO

#20 Jun 25, 2009
Bad all around wrote:
So he lives with it everyday huh still getting drunk going to partys while my bestfriend is in the ground cant party anymore or have a drink,i go to his grave and have a water with him and leave him a beer and its still there when i go back still full.What has he done about that 1 unluckiest punch.My advise for him is he should go to rehab and make speaches at schools ect then the judge me be a little more easier on him,but again i wont do that cause he think he done no wrong,i dont know d i'd like to talk with you sometime as friends cause we've been that way all of our lives catcha i reallt do hope he make out good,i dont think he should do allot of time i'm not that evil catcha Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants Aug 28 Cat74 95
News Trump says he'd be a smarter president than his... Aug 17 Captain Obvious 1
Strange creature freaks out plantation workers ... (Feb '15) Aug 14 mbah asrobin 3
News Will Hillary Clinton Testify Before House Bengh... Aug 12 RussWBill 1
News Clinton proposes $350 billion college affordabi... Aug 10 discocrisco 1
Hampton Tennis Ladder (May '09) Jul '15 Bill Parkinson 5
Gay Hampton Beach and Area. Jul '15 IJaac 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Exeter Mortgages